Durand will be our best player

• 16 replies
Durand will be our best player
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
Fully expect Johnson to come in with a chip on his shoulder and kick ass right away. Our best player, my guess 2nd team All Big East
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:49:57 PM by Dave »

desco80

Re: Durand will be our best player
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »
You're assuming Rysheed doesn't stick around and become eligible for second semester?

desco80

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »
Also, fwiw I think Eli Carter is our best player if he comes here.    I know a lot of people don't like his shoot, shoot, shoot mentality.  But we'll need points.
And I think Mullin and Co. can help him be more efficient. 

Wods317

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
Also, fwiw I think Eli Carter is our best player if he comes here.    I know a lot of people don't like his shoot, shoot, shoot mentality.  But we'll need points.

I would expect more from Durand first of all and second of all if Mussini is just about a done deal like people say then I dont see carter here with Mussini and Lovett already on board. Maybe Mullin can help Carter but up until now hes been a very inefficient scorer with a 1:1 turnover to assist ratio, not a big fan. If we miss on Mussini I could see taking him.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
Fully expect Johnson to come in with a chip on his shoulder and kick ass right away. Our best player, my guess 2nd team All Big East
I second All Big East that...

Poison

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:38:09 PM »

If Carter is our best player, we'll win 9 games.

goredmen

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:42 PM »

If Carter is our best player, we'll win 9 games.

Yep. He was incredibly average on a not so great Florida team last year. He's nothing special at all

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Some people know what they saw! Average yes

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »
I think if you look at the totality of Carter's game, you would have to say he is below average.  If you look at what he has done to his teams offenses, whether it was Rutgers or Florida, you would have to say that he brought them down.  It's no coincidence that Florida had their worst  team under Donovan when Carter was there.  HE JUST KILLS YOUR OFFENSE!

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:59 PM »
If Johnson played under Lavin, Marco would kill him. If Jordan was brought here by Mullin off a suspension by Mullin Marco would praise him.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
If Johnson played under Lavin, Marco would kill him. If Jordan was brought here by Mullin off a suspension by Mullin Marco would praise him.

And if Tony had anything between his ears....

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
what ever you think of Baldi, he has been more right than wrong especially in the lavin era and pertaining to Jordan

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »
Marco couldn't pick Johnson out of a lineup. Never saw him play, maybe heard about him a few times. Maybe.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
what ever you think of Baldi, he has been more right than wrong especially in the lavin era and pertaining to Jordan

Subjective and debatable.  Why does this stuff comes up every, few weeks about "Who Shot John?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:13:40 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:15 AM »
Marco couldn't pick Johnson out of a lineup. Never saw him play, maybe heard about him a few times. Maybe.

I'm guessing you would think Felix is our #1 option

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »

*mind blown*

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »

Actually agree with this.  With or without Jordan he may be our best player.  He was going to be Pitt's best player.  Very lucky to have landed that kid.