collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
In The Jungle... / Re: "Baldi Bowl"
« Last post by Marco Baldi on Today at 03:53:10 PM »
I wonder who you are going to root for?  ??? ??? ??? ???

NY's team.  Bring beer
2018 Class / Re: Luther Muhammed-6-4 PG Hudson Catholic, NJ
« Last post by fordham96 on Today at 03:41:40 PM »
FWIW, ND just landed Robby Carmody, a 6'4'' SG out of PA.  They already have Prentice Hubb, a 6'2'' combo guard out of Maryland.

I had heard ND was fading with Luther.  I really think it is SJU with possibly Ohio St as a darkhorse.
2018 Class / Re: Luther Muhammed-6-4 PG Hudson Catholic, NJ
« Last post by wpc77 on Today at 03:20:44 PM »
FWIW, ND just landed Robby Carmody, a 6'4'' SG out of PA.  They already have Prentice Hubb, a 6'2'' combo guard out of Maryland.
2019 Class / Re: Precious Achiuwa, F, St. Benedict's HS, NJ.
« Last post by paultzman on Today at 03:03:31 PM »
Precious Achiuwa comes in at No. 20 on the 2019 ESPN 60.
« Last post by Acrimony on Today at 01:36:35 PM »
I wonder who you are going to root for?  ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last post by Marco Baldi on Today at 01:06:13 PM »
In The Jungle... / Re: 17-18 Player Contributions
« Last post by Marillac on Today at 12:58:52 PM »
It's close between who is a better PG right now between Ponds and Lovett. What's not debatable is that Ponds is a much better player at the 2 than Lovett. Therefore the decision to give Lovett the majority of the minutes at the PG spot seems like an easy one to me.

Also, I'm baffled how people can have such strong, definitive opinions on a guy like Simon who hasn't played in over a year and who most have not seen any more than a couple minutes of his Freshman year at 'Zona and maybe a couple YouTube highlight videos.

I completely agree with your first paragraph. As for the second, I find the persistent Simon PG talk annoying and quite obviously incorrect.  We have two capable if not awesome PGs who are just six feet tall. Even if Simon is just as good as the pair, he's 6'5 210! We were absolutely eaten alive by bigger guards and SFs that could handle  last year.  Why on Earth would he play anywhere but SF for the overwhelming majority of his minutes with Ponds figuring to play 33-34 mpg and Lovett around 30? His handle and passing will be welcome at the three and he will be asked to lead the offense at times to get the Lovett and Ponds jump shots since they are much better shooters.

Simon (or anybody else) playing PG on the offensive end doesn't necessarily mean he will have to guard the other team's PG, and it would be unlikely the other team's PG would guard him if our smaller guards are on the floor at the same time. Simon can run the offense and guard the other team's best wing player if need be

It's not his defense that is the issue. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the best PG defender. He does not have any experience running a half court offense at this level. He doesn't have the handle to do that for long periods of time. He is very raw in the half court.
2019 Class / Re: Qudus Wahab, PF, Va.
« Last post by stjohnnie75 on Today at 12:45:51 PM »
Mr. Wahab is #57 on the 2019 ESPN 60 just released this morning, as an FYI #sjubb
In The Jungle... / Re: 17-18 Player Contributions
« Last post by goredmen on Today at 12:34:45 PM »
It's close between who is a better PG right now between Ponds and Lovett. What's not debatable is that Ponds is a much better player at the 2 than Lovett. Therefore the decision to give Lovett the majority of the minutes at the PG spot seems like an easy one to me.

Also, I'm baffled how people can have such strong, definitive opinions on a guy like Simon who hasn't played in over a year and who most have not seen any more than a couple minutes of his Freshman year at 'Zona and maybe a couple YouTube highlight videos.

I completely agree with your first paragraph. As for the second, I find the persistent Simon PG talk annoying and quite obviously incorrect.  We have two capable if not awesome PGs who are just six feet tall. Even if Simon is just as good as the pair, he's 6'5 210! We were absolutely eaten alive by bigger guards and SFs that could handle  last year.  Why on Earth would he play anywhere but SF for the overwhelming majority of his minutes with Ponds figuring to play 33-34 mpg and Lovett around 30? His handle and passing will be welcome at the three and he will be asked to lead the offense at times to get the Lovett and Ponds jump shots since they are much better shooters.

Simon (or anybody else) playing PG on the offensive end doesn't necessarily mean he will have to guard the other team's PG, and it would be unlikely the other team's PG would guard him if our smaller guards are on the floor at the same time. Simon can run the offense and guard the other team's best wing player if need be
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.