collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
In The Jungle... / Re: Bashir Ahmed to test NBA Waters
« Last post by QuanMan on Today at 12:44:42 AM »
LOL good one.  Ahmed has a long way to go just to be a good BE player, forget NBA.

I don't see anyone could possibly have an issue with this. NBA has the best talent evaluators in the world. Why not let them tell you some things you can work on. It does nothing but benefit Bashir and he will come back next year. He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

+1000

Heading into his senior year he receives constructive criticism and works on his weaknesses all Summer with Mullin, who obviously gave this his blessing.
« Last post by NYCoffey on April 25, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »
« Last post by Johnny23 on April 25, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
LOL good one.  Ahmed has a long way to go just to be a good BE player, forget NBA.

I don't see anyone could possibly have an issue with this. NBA has the best talent evaluators in the world. Why not let them tell you some things you can work on. It does nothing but benefit Bashir and he will come back next year. He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

Sure as long as that's his thinking then it's constructive.
« Last post by Wods317 on April 25, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »

« Last post by Johnny23 on April 25, 2017, 09:47:52 PM »
In The Jungle... / Re: Transfer wish list
« Last post by goredmen on April 25, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
We may have to settle for Hamdy from VCU or McIntosh from Illinois State if that's all we can get, but we have to get a graduate transfer Big.

I don't think we're in the mix for either. And we wouldn't be "settling" for McIntosh, that would be a steal but wouldn't make much sense for him or us since we are already crowded at that position
« Last post by Marillac on April 25, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

That is a quite an indictment for a kid we've seen play just one year and is, by all accounts, a great teammate.
« Last post by mjdinkins on April 25, 2017, 09:20:24 PM »
We may have to settle for Hamdy from VCU or McIntosh from Illinois State if that's all we can get, but we have to get a graduate transfer Big.

McIntosh entered the draft, but he didn't hire an agent, so chances are he'll pull out at some point.  If he does, then hopefully we'll pounce.
« Last post by mjdinkins on April 25, 2017, 09:15:34 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

I'm not so sure. He forces way too much, but let's see if he learns. He's certainly not getting an NBA contract pulling that crap. All things considered he wasn't a bad first year juco. I give him a solid B.

Guys like Brownlee, Hardy and Scott all made jumps from one year to the next. There is still a newcomer adjustment even if they are juniors.

Brownlee and Hardy did make strides their senior year, but they were also held back by Norm Roberts during their junior season.  It wasn't so much Ahmed's ability, as it was his head, IMO.  I think Ahmed adjusted well from a physical standpoint. 

Of course, he still has things to work on when it comes to things below the neck.  It's above the neck that probably needs more of a fine-tuning.  If he changes his mental game, then he will automatically be a better player his senior campaign. 
« Last post by Courts603 on April 25, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.