collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
2017 Class / Re: Isaiah Washington - G - St. Rays - NY - MINNESOTA
« Last post by Marco Baldi on Today at 03:27:39 PM »
Good chance this kid leaves Minnesota

This is where the immediate transfer rule can benefit SJU. Knowing it's not happening yet but kids coming home after leaving to not good results. They can make a killing off of kids with a chip on their shoulder coming home.

But I think he's part of that Sidney Wilson jellyfam stuff so likely not high in SJU
Think Baldi thinking of his Iona squad.

St Johns needs a PG
In The Jungle... / Re: The Perfect Coach for ST John's
« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 03:02:28 PM »
The only way you bring this staff back for another year is if you think they can do well and compete. I can not see how anyone in their right mind believes that. Nothing they have done has warranted another year. The longer this experiment goes on. The more embarrassing it becomes.
Playing devils advocate here and keep in mind I'm one of the unhappy ones. BUT would you say last year was on ok year ? Not great year and not horrible year ?

So while not throwing out this year from our memory but if we have a chance of having fuller and potentially better and more experienced roster next year and let's assume chance Mullin learns from mistakes of this year and grows from it dont we at least give the homegrown Hall of fame player the chance to coach that 4th year with full team and see what happens after all we have been through as fans over the last 20 years ?

What IF next year everyone came back and it became that breakthrough year ( I'm not saying it will be but what if there was a chance ) and if we hit our stride next year and we have a home grown Hall of Fame player coaching our team

I'll take the chance on that 4th year instead of blowing everything up and starting over knowing we have well over 3 million a year already committed for 3 more years and pray he gets it right
More than reasonable.
« Last post by mjmaherjr on Today at 02:47:17 PM »
The only way you bring this staff back for another year is if you think they can do well and compete. I can not see how anyone in their right mind believes that. Nothing they have done has warranted another year. The longer this experiment goes on. The more embarrassing it becomes.
Playing devils advocate here and keep in mind I'm one of the unhappy ones. BUT would you say last year was on ok year ? Not great year and not horrible year ?

So while not throwing out this year from our memory but if we have a chance of having fuller and potentially better and more experienced roster next year and let's assume chance Mullin learns from mistakes of this year and grows from it dont we at least give the homegrown Hall of fame player the chance to coach that 4th year with full team and see what happens after all we have been through as fans over the last 20 years ?

What IF next year everyone came back and it became that breakthrough year ( I'm not saying it will be but what if there was a chance ) and if we hit our stride next year and we have a home grown Hall of Fame player coaching our team

I'll take the chance on that 4th year instead of blowing everything up and starting over knowing we have well over 3 million a year already committed for 3 more years and pray he gets it right
« Last post by ras on Today at 02:25:43 PM »
I donít know if I have the stomach to sit through another rebuild.

What are you going to go through thatís worse than being winless?
Donít have the stomach for this year either.

« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 02:11:28 PM »

This is where the immediate transfer rule can benefit SJU. Knowing it's not happening yet but kids coming home after leaving to not good results. They can make a killing off of kids with a chip on their shoulder coming home.

But I think he's part of that Sidney Wilson jellyfam stuff so likely not high in SJU
Think Baldi thinking of his Iona squad.
« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 02:09:39 PM »
Why should it be presumed that we will have to go through an entire rebuild?  Before I get crushed with ďbecause thatís what always happens hereĒ this team is balanced for the next 5-6 years which is completely different than any other coach in last 15 years.

If Mullin does not succeed, which I donít believe he will, the next hire will have more players to start with, which is what normally happens in cbb. Will there be defections and recruits not coming, of course but at least that coach will have a base to work with, and hopefully is a competent coach, currently somewhere with experience.
Yes if Mo were to leave after this year or probably even next year he would be leaving the program in much better shape then when he came in. The next coach would have the opportunity to convince remaining players tot stay and recruits to remain committed. When Mahoney left FF was able to keep all 5 recruits on board. Of course Mully still has a chance to resurrect the program if he keeps most of and the impt pieces to stay and the incoming recruits intact and someone on whatever the staff looks like next year can coach.
« Last post by Moose on Today at 02:07:35 PM »

« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 02:04:00 PM »

Makes perfect sense.
« Last post by rdstr25 on Today at 01:49:27 PM »
Why should it be presumed that we will have to go through an entire rebuild?  Before I get crushed with ďbecause thatís what always happens hereĒ this team is balanced for the next 5-6 years which is completely different than any other coach in last 15 years.

If Mullin does not succeed, which I donít believe he will, the next hire will have more players to start with, which is what normally happens in cbb. Will there be defections and recruits not coming, of course but at least that coach will have a base to work with, and hopefully is a competent coach, currently somewhere with experience.
« Last post by Poison on Today at 01:29:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.