Journalism Student, rising Junior, killed back home in Chicago

• 16 replies

Re: Journalism Student, rising Junior, killed back home in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
Brings it into our homes a little, because it happened to a member of the St Johns family. And, nine other people were killed and over thirty shot in just one weekend. Reminds me of the Crown Heights riots from twenty five years ago. But, Chicagoans live it every week, every year.

Condolences to the parents, siblings, family members and normal, law-abiding citizens.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »
Flying to Chicago tomorrow for Pearl Jam at Wrigley. Bringing my bullet proof vest
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:40:11 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Flying to Chicago tomorrow for Pearl Jam at Wrigley. Bringing my bullet proof vest

Very sad story. You will enjoy Wrigley Town if you like to drink.

wpc77

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:30:08 PM »

No need that's whiteyVille. No connection to the vast majority of gun violence happening on the African American community in Chicago that politicians of all colors are stripes are ignoring

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:38:46 PM »

No need that's whiteyVille. No connection to the vast majority of gun violence happening on the African American community in Chicago that politicians of all colors are stripes are ignoring

Not just politicians... the media and so-called community activists ignore it as well

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »

Not just politicians... the media and so-called community activists ignore it as well

I wish the media would ignore everything

goredmen

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:02:10 PM »

They do if you are a liberal and do something wrong

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »

They do if you are a liberal and do something wrong

Hahaha.. Truth

SJUFAN

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
This is so sad, feel terrible for his family. This violence has to stop. It would be nice if the politicians stepped up and done something but if they aren't going to give a damn then It has to start from within the communities. Can't look for outsiders to come in and effect change. They need to police themselves and take ownership of what is going on within the communities that are effected the most and votes these A-holes out of office. Need to encourage the family unit. Too many kids taking care of kids, single parents, etc.....

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »

I was at the Mag Mile Hyatt in June. Nothing happens there. In July, someone got capped right there on Michigan Ave. Then they pay attention - smh

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »
Let us know how PJ was. I'm in the PJ10 club, but didn't get member tix for Philly or Beantown.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
Let us know how PJ was. I'm in the PJ10 club, but didn't get member tix for Philly or Beantown.

Wife is 10club member, we chose Wrigley over Fenway

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 03:36:31 PM »

A friend of ours is good friends with EV so he hooked us up with 5th row center ticks right behind Ed's family. Met his mom. Great lady. Also met Theo Epstein, who was hammered. Cool dude.  Met Amy Schumer too, a real snotty b itch.

Show was great, weird set list. Had some Old Style beer as recommended by mjmaher, good stuff
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:37:26 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »

A friend of ours is good friends with EV so he hooked us up with 5th row center ticks right behind Ed's family. Met his mom. Great lady. Also met Theo Epstein, who was hammered. Cool dude.  Met Amy Schumer too, a real snotty b itch.

Show was great, weird set list. Had some Old Style beer as recommended by mjmaher, good stuff
Baldi rolls VIP style ! Too bad Schumer was a bitch. I always figured maybe she would be the nice type and appreciate her rise to fame.   Gotta love the old style beer there !! In Bev trying to push them out of wrigley was bull shit and limiting where you can buy it there
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:48:52 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 12:04:33 AM »
Dwayne Wade's 32 year old female cousin shot to death while pushing one of her 4 children in a baby carriage by two gang bangers. How about some marches with a new slogan like Pushing a baby carriage, don't shoot.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:05:16 AM by Celtics11 »