Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA

• 164 replies
Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:26:41 PM »
Zags:

Chris Mullin & @mabde33 will be at Molloy on Tues for @Moses_Graham1 and @The_ColeAnthony & at Ranney Thur for @rioelite1 & @Scott_lewis_23
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:04:21 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Zagoria:

.@Scott_lewis_23 and @rioelite1 told me they plan to visit Kentucky and/or Kansas in the next 2 months. These guys are special talents.

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »

Adam Zagoria –  ‏@AdamZagoria

Sophomore Studs Lewis, Antoine Attract Calipari, Mullin, Pikiell and Slew of High-Majors
  https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/sophomore-studs-scottie-lewis-bryan-antoine-attract-calipari-mullin-pikiell-and-slew-of-high-majors-to-ranney-school/201611396?tcid=tw_article_201611396

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
Per Pat Lawless
Duke, Florida and Stanford are expected to see '19 Bryan Antoine and '19 Scottie Lewis this Thursday at The Ranney School (NJ).

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »
Andrew Slater:

Florida, UConn, Maryland, EKU & Seton Hall are @ Ranney School for Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Alex Klatsky, Ahmadu Sarnor & Chris Autino

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 02:56:49 PM »
Eric Bossi:

Five-star sophomore wing Scottie Lewis is as good a young wing defender as I have ever scouted. Instinctual and challenges #usabmjnt

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »
Behind a pay wall. Is there a quick summary of the article?

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
“Chris Mullin has a great legacy there, and the entire coaching staff is great,” said Lewis. “Also I am from New York so I have watched St. John’s for a long time, and I know the history there and what it would mean to play in Madison Square Garden. It would great to be a part of that.”

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 10:15:25 AM »
“Chris Mullin has a great legacy there, and the entire coaching staff is great,” said Lewis. “Also I am from New York so I have watched St. John’s for a long time, and I know the history there and what it would mean to play in Madison Square Garden. It would great to be a part of that.”

That is always nice and then Duke or UK offers and it doesn't mean anything.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
We want to be competing with the Dukes and UKs for the top national talent.  Every now and then, a local kid is going to want to play in MSG in front of his friends and family.  Maybe Lewis is one of those kids. 

We don't need to land all of them: one a year. mixed in with what we're already growing here, will do very nicely.  What's important is that we continue to show progress, continued improvement, player development, and excitement about the arc of our program.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
I'm all in on Scottie.

St. John's be in final hunt for him and teammate Bryan Antoine.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
I'm all in on Scottie.

Are these kids a package deal?

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »
I'm all in on Scottie.

Are these kids a package deal?

Not neccesarily but landing one I think will help with the other.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 10:26:06 AM »
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1775107-uaa-lewis-talks-spring-and-upcoming-visit

Also Lewis has seen St. John's numerous times, and he noticed the Red Storm coaches watching him quite a bit this weekend.

"I have a very god relationship with them," said Lewis of the Red Storm. "Coach (Chris) Mullin wasn’t out this weekend, but Coach Matt (Abdelmassih) and Coach Dan (Matic) were, and Coach Brian (Klatsky) is very close with them. Also I am originally from New York and they were my first offer, so it was special to get that and they are honest with me about my game and how I have to improve and what I need to get better at."

Wods317

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1775107-uaa-lewis-talks-spring-and-upcoming-visit

Also Lewis has seen St. John's numerous times, and he noticed the Red Storm coaches watching him quite a bit this weekend.

"I have a very god relationship with them," said Lewis of the Red Storm. "Coach (Chris) Mullin wasn’t out this weekend, but Coach Matt (Abdelmassih) and Coach Dan (Matic) were, and Coach Brian (Klatsky) is very close with them. Also I am originally from New York and they were my first offer, so it was special to get that and they are honest with me about my game and how I have to improve and what I need to get better at."

I like this kid just from that small quote. Seems very aware of what is happening in his recruiting. He is clearly doing his research knowing Mullin was out injured but knew that the two assistants were watching him. Hopefully we stay foremost on his mind moving forward.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
Pat Lawless @PatLawless_

Scottie Lewis & Bryan Antoine from Team Rio (NJ) heard from Florida, Duke, St. John's, Maryland, UConn, Rutgers & Louisville at midnight.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »

tnice

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
I'm hearing good things about Scottie and SJU.

Bryan? Well...lets hope Coach Mullin has his "I chose St John's over Duke and I'm glad I did" stories ready....