Matt A

• 695 replies
Re: Matt A
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille 7m7 minutes ago
Will Wade and Matt Abdelmassih are very close. This isn't the longshot I previously thought. #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille 4m4 minutes ago
At end of day, gut tells me Matt Abdelmassih stays, but this won't be an easy choice for him. #sjubb

paultzman

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2017, 11:20:10 PM »
Zach Braziller‏Verified account @NYPost_Brazille  5m5 minutes ago
Hearing new LSU's Will Wade will make adding St. John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih a top priority, and he will seriously consider it. #sjubb

Zach, as usual, showing up late to the party

Nah, very tight with Matt, think about that.

goredmen

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »
Zach Braziller‏Verified account @NYPost_Brazille  5m5 minutes ago
Hearing new LSU's Will Wade will make adding St. John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih a top priority, and he will seriously consider it. #sjubb

Zach, as usual, showing up late to the party

Nah, very tight with Matt, think about that.

So Zach has known about this smoke for a while but has only waited until Wade officially got a new job to post something about it because he's close with Matt? Just wondering if that's what you're driving at
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:25:32 PM by goredmen »

QuanMan

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »
This is amateur hour, I would call his bluff if leveraging. Zach trying to get a percentage of Matt's raise with these absurdly obvious tweets lmao, he's just finding this out cmon.
Section 3
Section 116

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2017, 11:35:20 PM »
When was the last time that SJU didn't have an off season where they are looking to replace a coach or possibly of a coach leaving?
Cougar O' Malley

Moose

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 07:27:16 AM »
This is amateur hour, I would call his bluff if leveraging. Zach trying to get a percentage of Matt's raise with these absurdly obvious tweets lmao, he's just finding this out cmon.

Zach trying to get a percentage?
More like I say jump and he says how high
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
In a few years if we have this rolling and are making tournament appearances and kids want to come here then at some point we can afford to lose Matt if he chooses to leave but if he left right now would have to hurt our chances with most if not all of our recruits for next couple years. Maybe I'm off base with this but seems like the case.

Poison

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
When was the last time that SJU didn't have an off season where they are looking to replace a coach or possibly of a coach leaving?

It's a culture of incompetence. We are St.John's.

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
I generally hate when people say things like "I'm done with them."  That said, if they lose Matt like this I might be done for awhile.  There's only so much we can take, and Matt represents hope for a bright future.

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:35 AM »
Brandon Tierney‏ @BrandonTierney

Re: @mabde33 and #LSU...Dude has SJU pumping thru his veins. School needs to step up, act like a player and do what it takes to retain him.

Bet they pay him.

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »

Re: @mabde33 and #LSU...Dude has SJU pumping thru his veins. School needs to step up, act like a player and do what it takes to retain him.

Bet they pay him.

I say he leaves. Mass Hysteria follows:
" Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!"
" Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes..."
" The dead rising from the grave!"
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:06:16 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Time to clean up the mess that is Slice's contract and put our resources into staff that is actually working for St. John's.  Matt is a St. John's guy who wants to be at St. John's (and a diehard Mets' fan who'd much rather follow them from Queens than from Baton Rouge), but it's got to be galling to be running around the country as a one man recruiting squad for minor assistant's money while Slice pulls in the big bucks for sitting on his ass at home. Time to clean up that mess.

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

Bet they pay him.

Finished in 8th place and have no recruits coming in and this guy goes and uses this as leverage? 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:17:20 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 09:21:57 AM »

Bet they pay him.

Finished in 8th place and have no recruits coming in and this guy goes and uses this as leverage? 

See I thought people getting carried away for no reason, but seeing how you think it would be no great loss, I am immediately changing my opinion!

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »
My favorite is now every idiot on Twitter is tweeting Matt like he is a 5 star recruit.   Or worse yet like it matters 

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »
Time to clean up the mess that is Slice's contract and put our resources into staff that is actually working for St. John's.  Matt is a St. John's guy who wants to be at St. John's (and a diehard Mets' fan who'd much rather follow them from Queens than from Baton Rouge), but it's got to be galling to be running around the country as a one man recruiting squad for minor assistant's money while Slice pulls in the big bucks for sitting on his ass at home. Time to clean up that mess.

"Minor assistants money"?? Guy is making 250k here per year. That is not minor money for an assistant.

Listen, I will never fault someone for wanting to better their financial situation for themselves and their family, but I also can't blame SJU for being hesitant to give him a raise.  He has no doubt done a pretty nice job but team hasn't won anything yet.  Add to that the fact that Mullin took Matt's voice over Slice during that whole ordeal.

"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
If I were St Jean I would ask for more money too.  He's the most active on the bench

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
Tell Lovett if he stays, he can have Matt's job the following year. Just killed two birds with one stone. Problem solved! That is what I do!

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
If I were St Jean I would ask for more money too.  He's the most active on the bench
that cracked me up

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2017, 10:47:32 AM »
that cracked me up

Speaking of active I have two Kansas guys in my Top Gun pool so have watched all their games. Someone needs to wake up Norm.