Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE

• 135 replies

paultzman

Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »
Pat Lawless‏ @PatLawless_

Aidan Igiehon is a strong candidate to have a breakout spring and summer - '19 PF holds three high major offers (link: http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/771142?referrer_id=1272156) madehoops.com/news_article/s…
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:41:47 PM by jumpinjohnny »

paultzman

Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »

Pat Lawless‏ @PatLawless_

Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 PF playing for the NY Lightning, just picked up an offer from Syracuse.

SJU79

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »
As previously stated i know this kid well and he's a great young man. Basketball wise by his senior yr I will be SHOCKED if he's not top 15 in the country. Yes he's very smart and he's a long way away from narrowing his college lists but he will be offered by everybody in the country and I wouldn't  rule out him choosing an Ivy. As far as SJU he knows the school well and they will be given  much consideration

Moose

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:01:36 PM »
This kid and Precious would be off the charts
Remember who broke the Slice news

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 03:30:53 PM »
Kid looks talented but I want to see what he does at the HS level next year and against top 100 comp. He's only been in this country 2 years so he's off to a good start no question. You want to make deep NCAA runs, you need big-time athletes like this kid.

https://www.balls.ie/american-sports/watch-aiden-igiehon-highlights-351414

I really hope we finish at or above 18 wins next year and fighting for tourney berth. Will help a ton in recruiting.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
Per Scout.com.... 

On the recruiting trail schools such as St. John's, Illinois, Syracuse, Xavier, Arizona, Yale, and others remain involved with Igiehon.

"A couple of schools called on June 15 and said I’d be a perfect fit for them in college because of my versatility and ability to run the floor hard," said Igiehon of his recruitment.

He continued, "I have visited St. Louis and St. John’s. Also I am hoping to plan visits to Syracuse, Yale, and Arizona as well."

When it comes to his trip to St. John's, Igiehon said, "I saw a coaching staff that cares about their players. They tell me that if I go there the team would be built around me. They want the New York kids to stay home, and sold me on the big picture of the program and how I would fit in, in their front court."

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1788036-igiehon-talks-potential-trips

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »
Igiehon says he's seen St. John's and St. Louis, but after the summer he's hoping to make a few visits and mentioned Arizona, Syracuse and Yale as places he hopes to see. In the meantime, don't expect any kind of decision or definitive list anytime soon.

"Narrowing things down, it has to be after next year's AAU season," said Igiehon. "I don't want to rush things. I really want to know who I can get (interest from) and where it's a fit. I definitely will take some visits just to get an idea of what I'm looking for."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/irish-import-aidan-igiehon-becoming-a-high-level-prospect

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:26 AM »
I just noticed the piece is from June 28th.  Regardless, I know we've been in contact, although we wasn't mentioned below.

Aidan Igiehon: A native of Ireland, Aidan Igiehon has steadily improved over his three years in America, but, at the Elite100, finally got noticed by a mass audience. A former soccer player, 6'10" Aidan brings excellent athleticism and footwork with the versatility of being able to play either the four or the five, depending on the personnel. With his strong physique, lateral quickness, and superior intellect, he continues to improve on the defensive end of containing and anticipating movements of his man. Offensively, his mix of power combined with low-post skill created a major match-up problem for opponents. When faced with some of the premier players of his own class, Igiehon appeared dominant for stretches. Although he still has two years of high school, hopefully, this performance wakes up some of the nation's premier programs to this underrated big man. Since June fifteenth, Igiehon, who plays for the Lightning on the EYBL Circuit, has heard from Arizona, Harvard, Indiana, Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova, Yale, Stanford, Pitt, Rutgers, Miami, Duke, and Ohio State.

http://247sports.com/Article/Dozen-of-the-Best-Big-Men-at-the-Nike-Elite-100-Cockburn-Aidan-S-53370523

SJU79

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »
now I'm admittedly biased here but in terms of long term potential and entire package I like this kid better  than bothBrown and Naz. He's a stud now and just scratching the surface

Moose

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »
now I'm admittedly biased here but in terms of long term potential and entire package I like this kid better  than bothBrown and Naz. He's a stud now and just scratching the surface

Wholeheartedly agree

ras

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »
Moses and Naz are probably 1 and dones. A multiyear player will help us more IMO.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:44 PM »
 Andrew Slater‏ @ASlater247

6'10" Aidan Igiehon'19 & Posh Alexander'20 of @NY_Lightning earned offers from #Dayton

Moose

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 07:41:39 AM »

6'10" Aidan Igiehon'19 & Posh Alexander'20 of @NY_Lightning earned offers from #Dayton

Good try Dayton

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 08:00:32 AM »
VA offered. Louisville coming in to see him today

goredmen

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »

Good try Dayton

They probably have a better shot than we do

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 12:56:52 AM »
He was at the Nebraska game tonight as per Marley.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »

per Braziller

St John’s assistant Matt Abdelmassih will see elite junior big man Aidan Igiehon today and attend Christ the King-Long Island Lutheran game for Kofi Cockburn
and Moussa Cisse #sjubb
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:06:22 PM by paultzman »