Transfer wish list

• 411 replies
Re: Transfer wish list
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
Just a notice for people who think this may mean something.

Dixon and Abdellmassih are now "mutuals" on Twitter. Meaning they both have followed each other in the last day or so

Foad

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »
I am siding with Bluto on this one. My friend sat the bench for Quinnipiac and I would not have wanted him to play for ST John's. I have to think that Williams, Amar and especially Ellison would be Quinnipiac's best players.

I also agree with Baldi. As he says, the MAAC is a low level league and it's likely few MAAC players would thrive in a high D1 league like the BE. Hopefully we don't recruit too many players from mid majors like Quinnipiac and Iona.

No need to recruit too many players from mid majors when you can get them straight out of high school

Again we agree. Most MAAC players are no better than high school seniors.

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »
I am siding with Bluto on this one. My friend sat the bench for Quinnipiac and I would not have wanted him to play for ST John's. I have to think that Williams, Amar and especially Ellison would be Quinnipiac's best players.

I also agree with Baldi. As he says, the MAAC is a low level league and it's likely few MAAC players would thrive in a high D1 league like the BE. Hopefully we don't recruit too many players from mid majors like Quinnipiac and Iona.

No need to recruit too many players from mid majors when you can get them straight out of high school

Good thing e SJU recruiting guru realized that

Foad

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2017, 05:15:51 PM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

Like you said. Different situation

Foad

« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

Happy to hear you say that. Hopefully your admission about the lack of quality basketball in the MAAC will be reflected moving forward when you talk about the hard road SJU faces in its quest for national relevance, something Iona will never achieve.

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

Happy to hear you say that. Hopefully your admission about the lack of quality basketball in the MAAC will be reflected moving forward when you talk about the hard road SJU faces in its quest for national relevance, something Iona will never achieve.
Maybe someday St Johns will make a tournament, there are 4 of them

Marillac

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »
Per Zags

Seton Hall offered Quinnipiac transfer  Peter Kiss and he plans to visit within the next coming weeks, per his mentor.

Can everyone tell who their mentor was growing up?

Mentor is Caucasian for handler.

Foad

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

How much would you like to wager that SJU makes one of those four tournaments before Iona is a vaguely relevant college basketball program? Pick a number, I'll give you your choice of odds.

NYCoffey

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »
Per Zags

Seton Hall offered Quinnipiac transfer  Peter Kiss and he plans to visit within the next coming weeks, per his mentor.

I guess the 19 points he dropped on them this season convinced them. 

Poor Matt has some competition
We get it. You don't like Matt. Point is very clear: don't need to beat this incredibly dead horse.

Wods317

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »
From zagoria

St. John's just offered transferring Quinnipiac G Peter Kiss, he tells me.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »
From zagoria

St. John's just offered transferring Quinnipiac G Peter Kiss, he tells me.

Apparently the offer was to replace Baldi as the MAAC forum expert. The higher ups are not happy with Baldi's new allegiance to Marquette and think it is adversely affecting his trolling. 

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2017, 01:00:45 AM »
Generally speaking if you hear a recruit being linked to a school on transfer wire that means they aren't coming. If you don't hear a name at all that's a good thing.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2017, 01:14:17 AM »

Too bad Grasso hasn't.

How much would you like to wager that SJU makes one of those four tournaments before Iona is a vaguely relevant college basketball program? Pick a number, I'll give you your choice of odds.

Relevant and St Johns in the same sentence?  Someone stop feeding this guy the Zima
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:14:56 AM by Marco Baldi »

goredmen

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2017, 02:02:23 AM »
Generally speaking if you hear a recruit being linked to a school on transfer wire that means they aren't coming. If you don't hear a name at all that's a good thing.

We were linked to Simon and Clark Jr last year before they eventually popped for us

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2017, 07:43:02 AM »
so Matt is following people randomly on twitter to throw us off ? that's diabolical. I love it

Moose

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »

Does that also apply when being linked to other coaching jobs?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »

We were linked to Simon and Clark Jr last year before they eventually popped for us

+1. I don't find that to be the case

Wods317

« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
I was curious to see what seton hall fans thought about Kiss and I stumbled on a thread that listed grad transfers we are pursuing according to one of their posters. Obviously have no idea what this guys knows and doesn't know but list as follows.

Nura Zanna F. 6'7" LIU
Ahmed Hamdy F. 6'9" VCU
Sean Obi F. 6'9" F Duke
Kerem Kanter C. 6'10" Wisconsin/ Green Bay
Kameron Rooks C. 7'0" Cal.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:32:21 AM by Wods317 »

Johnny23

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »
I was curious to see what seton hall fans thought about Kiss and I stumbled on a thread that listed grad transfers we are pursuing according to one of their posters. Obviously have no idea what this guys knows and doesn't know but list as follows.

Nura Zanna F. 6'7" LIU
Ahmed Hamdy F. 6'9" VCU
Sean Obi F. 6'9" F Duke
Kerem Kanter C. 6'10" Wisconsin/ Green Bay
Kameron Rooks C. 7'0" Cal.

At this point we'll take any of them. I've seen Hamdy play several times and he's active down in the post.