Alex Yetna - PF - PSA - SOUTH FLORIDA

• 87 replies

Foad

Re: Alex Yetna - PF - PSA - SOUTH FLORIDA
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2017, 08:20:13 AM »
Vince Lombardi's 5 time NFL champion Green Bay Packers offensive line averaged 230 lbs.  I'm sure they were plenty big enough to win a championship today.

Are the attributes that lead to success in football the same as those that lead to success at basketball? No. Have basketball players increased in size commensurately to linemen in football over the past 50 years? No. Are there players who thrive at basketball weighing 220 pounds? Yes. Could a player who weighed 120 more pounds than Maurice Lucas - that's the difference between Lombardi's linemen and those of today - say a player 6'9" 350 pounds play basketball? Probably not. Would Maurice Lucas thrive as a Division One basketball player today at the same size he thrived 40 years ago? Probably yes.

So to recap: everyone who read your post is stupider for having done so. How about you put on this dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think about what you've done and when you've resolved to never do it again you can rejoin the rest of the class.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:23:02 AM by Foad »

Poison

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
Vince Lombardi's 5 time NFL champion Green Bay Packers offensive line averaged 230 lbs.  I'm sure they were plenty big enough to win a championship today.

Are the attributes that lead to success in football the same as those that lead to success at basketball? No. Have basketball players increased in size commensurately to linemen in football over the past 50 years? No. Are there players who thrive at basketball weighing 220 pounds? Yes. Could a player who weighed 120 more pounds than Maurice Lucas - that's the difference between Lombardi's linemen and those of today - say a player 6'9" 350 pounds play basketball? Probably not. Would Maurice Lucas thrive as a Division One basketball player today at the same size he thrived 40 years ago? Probably yes.

So to recap: everyone who read your post is stupider for having done so. How about you put on this dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think about what you've done and when you've resolved to never do it again you can rejoin the rest of the class.

Not everyone at St.John's is a rocket scientist. This ain't Hofstra.

Foad

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:32 AM »
What makes you think that Yakwe is a hard worker?

He was born in Africa, moved to a new country, learned its language, assimilated its culture and earned a division one scholarship to one of the most storied basketball programs in history. I suppose that might have all happened randomly but I think it must have taken some small effort on his part.

Foad

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2017, 09:01:18 AM »
This ain't Hofstra.

Too bad. If it were Jay Wright might be the head coach. Winky.

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
Don't recall JB playing much 5. Burrell and Evans did.

Started at and played plenty 5. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »

hey Mr. Sensitive you referenced players from a long time ago which is what I did. the numbers don't have to be in direct proportion to make my point. I used to think guys like Unseld and McGuiness were monsters but when I see them on tape today they almost look skinny. Would love to have a drink with you so I could smash the bottle over your smug head. And Poison why don't you drink some?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:16:53 PM by Celtics11 »

Foad

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »
hey Mr. Sensitive you referenced players from a long time ago which is what I did.

Hey stupid, I referenced basketball players. You referenced football players. Andre the Giant was seven foot six. Babe Ruth was six foot two. Manny Pacquiao is five six. Who cares.

the numbers don't have to be in direct proportion to make my point.

You didn't have a point. You compared professional football players from 1965 to amateur basketball players from 2017. How tall was Benjamin Franklin? How much did Ethelred the Unready weigh? Beguile me with more germane facts about basketball.

I used to think guys like Unseld and McGuiness were monsters but when I see them on tape today they almost look skinny.

Wes Unseld was 6-7, 245 lb. McGiness was 6'8" 240. That's fvcking enormous. Rick Mahorn was 6 10 240. Bob Lanier was 6 11 250. Maybe you need glasses.

Would love to have a drink with you so I could smash the bottle over your smug head

I'm sure you would but I'm very particular about who I drink with, which is why mostly I drink alone. Are you buying? Because I make exceptions.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:53:45 PM by Foad »

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »
I'm sure you would but I'm very particular about who I drink with, which is why mostly I drink alone. Are you buying? Because I make exceptions.

Don't worry, I'll buy. I seem to think this verbal abuse would be more amusing in person.