Visits

• 122 replies
Re: Visits
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2017, 10:13:09 PM »
Scekic is very unlikely to land an offer.

Wods317

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
Matt has some new follows on twitter lol. What's the deal?

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2017, 10:26:45 AM »
The best thing about watching Golden State play Portland was Damian Lillard 2 star, CJ McCollum 3 star and Steph Curry 3 star recruit combine to put over 100 points.  Sometimes you just have to find those kinds of kids and give them a shot.

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
The best thing about watching Golden State play Portland was Damian Lillard 2 star, CJ McCollum 3 star and Steph Curry 3 star recruit combine to put over 100 points.  Sometimes you just have to find those kinds of kids and give them a shot.

Agree with this. I think sometimes these ratings are biased based on the kids ability to dunk a basketball and/or their perceived athletic ability and not so much their actual basketball skills and IQ.

Wods317

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
6'2" PG D.J. Jones @DevanteJones03 of @NDPbasketball will visit St.John's on Wednesday #SJUBB
-Andrew Slater

Is this real this time?

Wods317

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
6'2" PG D.J. Jones @DevanteJones03 of @NDPbasketball will visit St.John's on Wednesday #SJUBB
-Andrew Slater

Is this real this time?

Tweet is now deleted again. Very bizarre.

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
-Andrew Slater

Is this real this time?

Tweet is now deleted again. Very bizarre.

Maybe, he's the "mystery" big, as the tweet continues to get deleted. ;)

Wods317

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »
Nikola Scekic‏ @scekic1995  2h2 hours ago
More
 Decision coming soon.. #NextLevel 🏀🙏

Can't be us I would imagine as several have said we are yet to even offer...

paultzman

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2017, 05:28:19 PM »
St John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih met with San Diego State transfer forward Zylan Cheatham today per source #sjubb
Zach B

lihoop

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2017, 06:16:20 PM »
Is Cheatham a better get than Kante?

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2017, 07:37:01 PM »
Scratch Morrow, Nebraska transfer.

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »
damn he was the one that sounded most intriguing

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »

Cheatham is the player who wants to take his game to the perimeter, but isn't a good shooter, right?  He's also a sit-out transfer.  So, I guess it's Kante or bust for any "bigs" in '17-'18.  It'll probably take Kante a season (if not two) before he can consistently help us.

Moose

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2017, 08:46:27 PM »

Cheatham is the player who wants to take his game to the perimeter, but isn't a good shooter, right?  He's also a sit-out transfer.  So, I guess it's Kante or bust for any "bigs" in '17-'18.  It'll probably take Kante a season (if not two) before he can consistently help us.

You mean a frontcourt of Owens Yakwe Amar and Kante isn't scaring opponents?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

Probably, Christ the King and Bishop Loughlin.

Moose

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2017, 08:50:20 PM »

Well it's scaring me.

Oh wait
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »

Well it's scaring me.

Oh wait

Ha!  I'm sure it's scaring any fan of St. John's. 

ras

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 10:47:20 PM »

Bash and Clark can play the 4. I like Owens playing  the 5. But he fouls a lot. Yakwe was disappointing last year and  Kante will take time to develop.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:48:15 PM by ras »

desco80

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »

Bash and Clark can play the 4. I like Owens playing  the 5. But he fouls a lot. Yakwe was disappointing last year and  Kante will take time to develop.

Ahmed cannot play the 4.   He may look like he has the size, but watching him play defense in the frontcourt was embarrassing.
He's a wing.

Marillac

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »

Ahmed cannot play the 4.   He may look like he has the size, but watching him play defense in the frontcourt was embarrassing.
He's a wing.

I disagree. I think Lovett, Ahmed, and Ponds will all show improvement on D with other guys being able to carry the scoring load. It's a tough task to score a combined 50 pts a game and play D in your first year. Dropping his playing time 5-6 minutes will allow him to be more focused on the defensive end and another 5-10 lbs will help him be stronger down low.