Freudenberg headed overseas

• 75 replies

MCNPA

Re: Freudenberg headed overseas
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »
Mullin was in NBA offices for 15 years, the level might've changed but the mindset hasn't. This is Mullin the GM. These players are being told to leave, better talent is coming in. This is being ran as a professional organization. The coming months will prove such.

Are you a little surprised that of the players who have left, our worst player isn't one of them?

I'm praying that Amar is next Poison, as stated by the JJ big wigs last week.

When you lose 5 would be returning players, even if they weren't so great, you're losing continuity. Not many, but those guys helped us win some games. Staff has to bring in improvements to what left. Judging by what appears to be available, they should be able to, but they have competition. Especially for bigs.

We aren't losing any continuity except for Ellison who did help us at times.  Don't forget, we had Simon and Clark sitting out, practicing with the team and waiting.  Those two were going to get big minutes no matter what, so we aren't losing all that much.   Williams with 3.8/2.6 per game I don't think is gonna kill us, nor Freud.   Let's see who we land but I'm pretty sure we will be able to replace all losses with better players.

The key to picking up three and four star players is they usually stay till their senior years.  Good seniors help us compete.  Having these players leave after one or two seasons hurts us.  You're sure we'll be able to replace all losses with better players.  I don't see any better players on the board.  I know we'll be throwing roses in their paths if they sign with us...only to throw them in the discard pile after the first loss. If we're getting "one and done's", we should make them the five star variety.  The recruiting so far is worse than Carnesecca-like lazy. 

Kids like Kante and Yetna are getting good offers.  Both are 3-star kids, likely better than anybody who is leaving.   We can build with them.  In this environment, every team is losing multiple players for the most part.  It ain't like it used to be.  I think they're both better than we we have except for Ellison, and  it is Clark and Simon who are the ones who were the reason Ellison is leaving.  Those two are 4 and 5 stars respectively. 

Foad

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
The recruiting so far is worse than Carnesecca-like lazy. 

You had to reach past Lavin and Jarvis in your search for lazy recruiters? We must be in dire straits.

Wods317

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
Mullin was in NBA offices for 15 years, the level might've changed but the mindset hasn't. This is Mullin the GM. These players are being told to leave, better talent is coming in. This is being ran as a professional organization. The coming months will prove such.

Are you a little surprised that of the players who have left, our worst player isn't one of them?

I'm praying that Amar is next Poison, as stated by the JJ big wigs last week.

When you lose 5 would be returning players, even if they weren't so great, you're losing continuity. Not many, but those guys helped us win some games. Staff has to bring in improvements to what left. Judging by what appears to be available, they should be able to, but they have competition. Especially for bigs.

We aren't losing any continuity except for Ellison who did help us at times.  Don't forget, we had Simon and Clark sitting out, practicing with the team and waiting.  Those two were going to get big minutes no matter what, so we aren't losing all that much.   Williams with 3.8/2.6 per game I don't think is gonna kill us, nor Freud.   Let's see who we land but I'm pretty sure we will be able to replace all losses with better players.

+1. We haven't lost much in the way on continuity. All of the major contributors from last season are back and we are adding two transfers who practiced all last year.

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »

You had to reach past Lavin and Jarvis in your search for lazy recruiters? We must be in dire straits.

If hoping to be an NIT bubble team puts us in dire straits...we're in dire straits.

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »

If hoping to be an NIT bubble team puts us in dire straits...we're in dire straits.

Do we get our money for nothing and our chicks for free?

Foad

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2017, 03:14:00 PM »

They're only free because we don't pay them afterwards.

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2017, 03:38:25 PM »

They're only free because we don't pay them afterwards.

An oldie but goodie.
Even though it brought on the Norm misery you have to admire that team's bargaining abilities   

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »
Ut oh

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
Ut oh

Who is going we did not expect ?

Foad

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »
Ut oh

What's the matter, something good going to happen to St John's?

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
Ut oh

Could be a good thing. Depends on who you ask

Foad

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
Ut oh

Had we but world enough and time. Do you know that one? Of course not, you went to Iona.  Howa bout if you please refuse, until the conversion of the Jews. Ring a bell? Of course not, because ditto.

And then the worms shall try
Thy long-preserved virginity,
And your quaint honor turned to dust,
And into ashes all my lust;
The grave’s a fine and private place,
But none, I think, do there embrace.

The thing about coy bitches is
that most of them swallow.
Do you follow?

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2017, 07:55:46 PM »
Ut oh

Had we but world enough and time. Do you know that one? Of course not, you went to Iona.  Howa bout if you please refuse, until the conversion of the Jews. Ring a bell? Of course not, because ditto.

Do you follow?

How cute

Foad

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2017, 08:28:05 PM »
Ut oh

Do you follow?

How cute

Ut oh

Moose

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:06 AM »

Signing with Fraport Skyliners Frankfurt

Also home to Baldi's friend AJ English
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »

Signing with Fraport Skyliners Frankfurt

Also home to Baldi's friend AJ English

Pretty good league. Shame it couldn't work for him in Queens.