2017-18 Schedule

• 178 replies

Foad

Re: 2017-18 Schedule
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
We don't have one upperclassmen who has been a part of this program for more than one season who isn't named Amar Alibegovic. This team is no more experienced than the team we had last year. Simon has almost no experience. You can't drop that name because he was supposed to be good two years ago.

Having a BE season begins you is great, but this program has been left vulnerable by one careless decision after another by the staff. It's put up or shut up time.

Agree, it's really short sighted of Mullin not to have any fourth year players after two full years of coaching.

Good thing we got rid of Lavin's nonsense. If we hadn't, we wouldn't have had 5 upperclassmen transfer. It's as if we've hired Norm Roberts.

We had one upperclassman transfer, the walk on. Sima was a sophomore, Ellison was a sophomore, Mussini and RF turned pro, and Williams graduated.

Other than that you make your usual good points.

Poison

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
Nice that we closed the Sid Wilson thread to get rid of the cretinous UConn troll. Don't need him when we can count on Poison and Baldi to constantly piss on the coaching staff and the program.

That UConn guy got some of you all riled up. There's not too much to argue

Thin skin. I get it. The truth isn't what anyone wants to hear in September.

Poison

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2017, 04:50:58 PM »
We don't have one upperclassmen who has been a part of this program for more than one season who isn't named Amar Alibegovic. This team is no more experienced than the team we had last year. Simon has almost no experience. You can't drop that name because he was supposed to be good two years ago.

Having a BE season begins you is great, but this program has been left vulnerable by one careless decision after another by the staff. It's put up or shut up time.

Agree, it's really short sighted of Mullin not to have any fourth year players after two full years of coaching.

Good thing we got rid of Lavin's nonsense. If we hadn't, we wouldn't have had 5 upperclassmen transfer. It's as if we've hired Norm Roberts.

We had one upperclassman transfer, the walk on. Sima was a sophomore, Ellison was a sophomore, Mussini and RF turned pro, and Williams graduated.

Other than that you make your usual good points.

Sima, Ellison, Mussini and Holifield would have been upperclassmen. If they had stayed, they'd be juniors. You see, that's what comes after sophomore. Williams would have been a grad student big man who would have played his 3rd season at St.John's. You make it sound like he graduated and left the college game. He's playing this season. Freudenberg would have been a sophomore. It's hard to gage how significant that loss is, but a mass exodus is a mass exodus.

Sima, Williams, Ellison, Mussini, Freudenberg, Wilson and Holifield have jumped ship. We will be short handed this season at some point and it could have been avoided but the staff had a better plan. Well, this is their program, so let's see how their plan comes together.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:09:52 PM by Poison »

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »
Nice that we closed the Sid Wilson thread to get rid of the cretinous UConn troll. Don't need him when we can count on Poison and Baldi to constantly piss on the coaching staff and the program.

Truth is the recruiting class leaves a lot to be desired

Poison

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »

Truth is the recruiting class leaves a lot to be desired

Technically we've added one freshman guard. In order for us to make the tournament we need Marvin Clarke Jr to be Billy Singleton, Justin Simon to be Lavor Postell and Tariq Owens to be Hakim Warrick. Also we need no significant injuries and never more than 2 at a time or we are instantly at a significant disadvantage. I wonder when they are holding open tryouts for a big man?

Foad

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »

we wouldn't have had 5 upperclassmen transfer.

Sima, Ellison, Mussini and Holifield would have been upperclassmen.

That's four, and none of them were upperclassmen, and three of them transferred and one of those was a walk on. So what you said would have been true, except it was false. Which makes you either a liar or a hysteric.

Poison

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »

That's four, and none of them were upperclassmen, and three of them transferred and one of those was a walk on. So what you said would have been true, except it was false. Which makes you either a liar or a hysteric.

Williams transferred. This is a lot for you. In fairness, there are a lot of players to keep track of.

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2017, 10:54:08 PM »
We gotta show up early this season and win some out of conference games to show the team is majorly improving. Recruits will not tolerate another below .500 season

Poison

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »
We gotta show up early this season and win some out of conference games to show the team is majorly improving. Recruits will not tolerate another below .500 season

They haven't bought into this program. Ponds was supposed to be the pied piper, but it hasn't worked out that way. But I think you're right, the program has to show real improvement or we'll never get the top recruits. Let's see if they can get their attention right away.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:13:20 AM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »

Williams transferred. This is a lot for you. In fairness, there are a lot of players to keep track of.

Williams graduated.

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
I'm excited to see what the two newbies from blue blood programs can do.  :up:

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
When is the big east schedule released?

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »

Next week.

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »

Next week.

Thanks MJ. Gotta book my trip to Marquette

Wods317

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »
From what I heard very few MSG games this year. Not sure why

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »

5 BE games I believe

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »

5 BE games I believe

Maybe because of the extra game against Duke?

redslope

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »

5 BE games I believe

and the game vs The Baldi's

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »

Probably because there is no juice in the program

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »

5 BE games I believe

and the game vs The Baldi's

I'd be afraid who has more fans at this game