Mikey Dixon

• 108 replies

Wods317

Re: Mikey Dixon
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »
There's little doubt that being taller and more filled out is always better. This kid is listed at 6'2 which is taller then then ponds and Lovett. He just needs to add some bulk to take the bumps in the BE. 6'2 is plenty big enough but yes his weight might be an issue if he stays at 160

Foad

« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »
No one is playing 5 guards. If Muhammad comes here that means he is getting guaranteed pt. Ponds will be our best player and Simon will probably be our 2nd best player they will both play 30 plus.
My point was either this is not a significant signing OR if it is Muhammad is not coming here.That is all.

Or like l said, both Lovett and Ponds level after soph seasons

You said this year that two or three guards would be leaving.

Came to their senses
He wasn't all wrong. Ellison left and Lovett almost left.

If he's said no one was leaving he'd have been just as not all wrong as he was by saying two or three were leaving.

Foad

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
There are always exceptions but generally speaking I prefer bigger guards.

Generally speaking I prefer big tits but not all vaginas come equipped with them.

TONYD3

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

These things will work themselves out don't fret.

Yeah, things usually work out for us
Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

10 points / 3 assists / 3 rebounds / .43 FG / .36 3pt / .80 FT

Dixon as a freshman

16.5 points / 2 assists / 4 rebounds / .45 FG / .37 3 pt / .85 FT

And the moral is: haters gonna hate
You always bring up stats. Larry wright couldn't guard anyone just like christina jones. Neither were good players here.

Foad

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

You always bring up stats. Larry wright couldn't guard anyone just like christina jones. Neither were good players here.

Given the choice between facts and your effusions about the magical three minutes Joey DelaRosa played versus dewk in 2011 I'll take the facts.

« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
Just because you say you aren't complaining doesn't mean you not coplaining

I come from a police family, so I would never coplain

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

Never saw him play. We need big guys

We need lots of things, including a balanced roster and roster continuity. Bringing this guy in helps with that and doesn't affect the ability to recruit anyone else. There's four or five open scholarships and he seems to have a lot of upside. I don't get the complaining. Nobody commits people complain. Someone commits people complain. People just like to complain. I find other people's complaints exhausting. 

If he was 6-7 from Quinipiac I would have said GREAT! Getting another small guard from a low major conference just looks like they are scrambling to fill out a roster.  I am not complaining. Norm beat the complaining out of me. I am questioning the process.

He's really not a small guard.  He's a 6'2" freshman.  You keep saying it, but he's bigger than both Lovett and Ponds.  Another 10-15 lbs and he's same size as guys like Troy bell, kemba Walker, Allan Ray, among many, many others.  Just because he played in the Maac doesn't mean he wasn't underrecruited by major programs.  Kid has great numbers against D1 teams
as a freshman.

You convinced me, great signing. Where is the Final Four in 2019 going to buy my tickets.
Kid could be next Hatten but at this point not getting excited at a small guard from Quinipiac. Get some Bigs.

Mike

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
He knows that he has to hit the weight room, that was the plan after the season. Like one of his former coaches said if he hits the weight room we will be very happy.