Mikey Dixon

• 108 replies

Marillac

Re: Mikey Dixon
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »
Nova also has a plethora of big, physical, athletic 6'4, 6'5 guards.

The guards the Johnnies are signing are on the all-anorexic team. Those big guards that Nova and Xavier have allow you to balance the floor better. We need more balance on the front line.

Nova also got it done with scrawny guards like Allan Ray and Mike Nardi next to 6'0 (but rugged) Kyle Lowrey.

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »
Nova also has a plethora of big, physical, athletic 6'4, 6'5 guards.

The guards the Johnnies are signing are on the all-anorexic team. Those big guards that Nova and Xavier have allow you to balance the floor better. We need more balance on the front line.

Nova also got it done with scrawny guards like Allan Ray and Mike Nardi next to 6'0 (but rugged) Kyle Lowrey.

At 6-2 190 Allan Ray would win a battle Royal against all of our guards except Simon. I would put my $ on Lowry against our frontcourt in a Battle Royal.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:29:39 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
Show me a team that plays 5 guards?

Marquette had six guards who played more than 25 minutes per game.

Yeah I will give you that. Difference is that Ponds ,Simon and Muhammad would demand will demand more minutes than the Marquette guards. Though not sure how you only played Howard 22 mins? That is crazy
I wouldn't be so sure about Simon out of the gate. His skills need some work.

Shooting for sure but still expect him to be one of our best players by our Junior year

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »
No one is playing 5 guards. If Muhammad comes here that means he is getting guaranteed pt. Ponds will be our best player and Simon will probably be our 2nd best player they will both play 30 plus.
My point was either this is not a significant signing OR if it is Muhammad is not coming here.That is all.

Or like l said, both Lovett and Ponds level after soph seasons

You said this year that two or three guards would be leaving.

Came to their senses

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

These things will work themselves out don't fret.

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:37 PM »
This whole argument is ludicrous, they are not overloaded at guard even with potential commitments from Muhammad and Williams down the road.  And at the same time they are not playing 5 guards at a time.

Just would like to see the staff recruit someone taller than our coach. Preferably one that does not rob drug stores.

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2017, 02:07:40 PM »

Yeah, things usually work out for us

ras

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »
No one is playing 5 guards. If Muhammad comes here that means he is getting guaranteed pt. Ponds will be our best player and Simon will probably be our 2nd best player they will both play 30 plus.
My point was either this is not a significant signing OR if it is Muhammad is not coming here.That is all.

Or like l said, both Lovett and Ponds level after soph seasons

You said this year that two or three guards would be leaving.

Came to their senses
He wasn't all wrong. Ellison left and Lovett almost left.

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
zach smart‏
@zsmart3
Mikey Dixon fell through cracks recruiting wise. 3 years at St.John's should be indicative of this. High-scoring guard is lethal when hot

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »

Who's us?  And how do you know what I mean by work out?

Marillac

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »

Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2017, 03:56:14 PM »

ST john's board so outside of you and Bladi just kind of assumed everyone else was a ST John's fan.  As far as work out that generally means:

Definition of workout

:  a practice or exercise to test or improve one's fitness for athletic competition, ability, or performance

:  a test of one's ability, capacity, stamina, or suitability

:  an undertaking or plan intended to resolve a problem

I took a shot in the dark on option number 3.

Foad

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »

Weren't you a big fan of Larry Wright? Dixon is a lot like Wright  but with way better ball skills.

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

10 points / 3 assists / 3 rebounds / .43 FG / .36 3pt / .80 FT

Dixon as a freshman

16.5 points / 2 assists / 4 rebounds / .45 FG / .37 3 pt / .85 FT

And the moral is: haters gonna hate
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:58:11 PM by Foad »

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2017, 04:04:22 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

Never saw him play. We need big guys

MCNPA

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »
I like Mikey Dixon best because he averaged 24ppg vs Iona this year...

hnk

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:11 PM »
First decent reason i have heard about why we should consider scheduling them.

Johnny23

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Calling all bigs 6'8 and over who don't have two left feet...come to St. John's.

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »
I like Mikey Dixon best because he averaged 24ppg vs Iona this year...

And he already knows what it's like to finish 8th in the league, so we gain some experience there. I like Dixon. He's certainly going to be shocked playing at Carnesecca Arena after playing on that beautiful campus
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:14:43 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »

ST john's board so outside of you and Bladi just kind of assumed everyone else was a ST John's fan.  As far as work out that generally means:

Definition of workout

:  a practice or exercise to test or improve one's fitness for athletic competition, ability, or performance

:  a test of one's ability, capacity, stamina, or suitability

:  an undertaking or plan intended to resolve a problem

I took a shot in the dark on option number 3.

That doesn't answer my question nor does it explain what I meant relative to what you meant.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:14:30 PM by fordham96 »

Foad

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »

Wright 6-2 / 170

Dixon 6-2 / 160

Wright as a senior:

Dixon as a freshman

Never saw him play. We need big guys

We need lots of things, including a balanced roster and roster continuity. Bringing this guy in helps with that and doesn't affect the ability to recruit anyone else. There's four or five open scholarships and he seems to have a lot of upside. I don't get the complaining. Nobody commits people complain. Someone commits people complain. People just like to complain. I find other people's complaints exhausting.