Bashir Ahmed to test NBA Waters

• 33 replies
Bashir Ahmed to test NBA Waters
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »
 Zach Braziller‏Verified account @NYPost_Brazille 3m3 minutes ago

So Bashir Ahmed is testing NBA waters, Khadeen Carrington isn't. Ahmed wants feedback, plans to return to school im told #sjubb #shbb

Priority # 1 - Improve recklessness
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:29:12 PM by RedStormNC »

Poison

Re: Bashid Ahmed to test NBA Waters
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »
Good for him. Go to learn. Get guidance. Let the NBA tell him to stop trying to dribble through an entire team.

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »
Good for him. Go to learn. Get guidance. Let the NBA tell him to stop trying to dribble through an entire team.

lol agreed. No reason for him not to get feedback from NBA executives

Moose

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
Bull in a China shop doesn't work.

But I guess my free advice doesn't involve some NBA visits
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »
One would think his coach, a former front office guy, gold medal winner, and hall of famer would save him the time. But I guess it's good to look at all options.

Re: Bashir Ahmed to test NBA Waters
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:27 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
Ali B. should sign up for an evaluation too

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
Ali B. should sign up for an evaluation too

I think Mullin goes to the NBA before any of these players
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:38:15 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »
It doesn't particularly hurt anything for him to get feedback.  But, we have two coaches on staff (one who retired in 2001, while the other retired in 2002), who played a combined 30 years in the NBA, with HOF credentials.  We also have a coach on staff who was recently an assistant player development (2014-2015) in the NBA. 

So, why not get advice from those particular staff members?  I'm about to be a bit sarcastic here....  Hell, if they can't give him direction and allow or can't stop him from being reckless, then what he's gonna gain from getting advice from NBA personnel?   

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
A guy on the Providence board posters that Ahmed would test draft as well a month or two ago.  Guess he was on the money.  Ahmed will be back though.  No way he stays in draft.  Not bad idea to investigate at his stage of the game...

Poison

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

I'm not so sure. He forces way too much, but let's see if he learns. He's certainly not getting an NBA contract pulling that crap. All things considered he wasn't a bad first year juco. I give him a solid B.

Guys like Brownlee, Hardy and Scott all made jumps from one year to the next. There is still a newcomer adjustment even if they are juniors.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:06:23 PM by Poison »

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 09:15:34 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

I'm not so sure. He forces way too much, but let's see if he learns. He's certainly not getting an NBA contract pulling that crap. All things considered he wasn't a bad first year juco. I give him a solid B.

Guys like Brownlee, Hardy and Scott all made jumps from one year to the next. There is still a newcomer adjustment even if they are juniors.

Brownlee and Hardy did make strides their senior year, but they were also held back by Norm Roberts during their junior season.  It wasn't so much Ahmed's ability, as it was his head, IMO.  I think Ahmed adjusted well from a physical standpoint. 

Of course, he still has things to work on when it comes to things below the neck.  It's above the neck that probably needs more of a fine-tuning.  If he changes his mental game, then he will automatically be a better player his senior campaign. 

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
Dude is uncoachable.

That is a quite an indictment for a kid we've seen play just one year and is, by all accounts, a great teammate.

Johnny23

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 09:47:52 PM »
LOL good one.  Ahmed has a long way to go just to be a good BE player, forget NBA.

Wods317

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
LOL good one.  Ahmed has a long way to go just to be a good BE player, forget NBA.

I don't see anyone could possibly have an issue with this. NBA has the best talent evaluators in the world. Why not let them tell you some things you can work on. It does nothing but benefit Bashir and he will come back next year. He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

Johnny23

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »

I don't see anyone could possibly have an issue with this. NBA has the best talent evaluators in the world. Why not let them tell you some things you can work on. It does nothing but benefit Bashir and he will come back next year. He doesn't think he's getting drafted.

Sure as long as that's his thinking then it's constructive.

NYCoffey

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »

QuanMan

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »

+1000

Heading into his senior year he receives constructive criticism and works on his weaknesses all Summer with Mullin, who obviously gave this his blessing.
Section 3
Section 116

Wods317

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »

I don't claim to be in the know but I still have a few connections on campus and it seems like Bash is just looking for some feedback on his game.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »

I don't claim to be in the know but I still have a few connections on campus and it seems like Bash is just looking for some feedback on his game.
He's doing his job and looking out for his future.  I'm sure he's getting great feedback from our coaches who spent decades in the NBA...but what's wrong with extra opinions?