R.I.P. Glenn Williams

• 8 replies

paultzman

R.I.P. Glenn Williams
« on: May 10, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
Matt Abdelmassih @mabde33

We lost another great one last night. An incredible person, loved St Johns, & a heck of basketball player. Prayers to Glenn Williams family
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:50:39 AM by paultzman »

Re: R.I.P. Glenn Williams
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
R.I.P.
A great rep for SJU

Poison

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
He once told me a story about Lou Carnesecca going bat shit crazy in the 70s after a big half time deficit to Davidson. He will be missed. RIP Glenn.

derk

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »
He will be missed. RIP Glenn

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
Terrible news. Prayers for him and his family. An all time Redmen. RIP

derk

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 01:03:42 PM »
Nice guy. Would come over to say hi to Louie at Garden games.. Was friendly and appreciative of the recognition he got.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
I was fortunate to have seen Glenn play and anyone who saw him can attest  to his talent and his competiveness. He was and always will be a true Redmen. He loved St. John's and was very proud that he was the first player from the Caribbean to play here. Over the last five or six years, I along with JPM114 got a chance to sit with him at CA. His conversations were  insightful and humorous, referring to one of our former coaches as "only being good for the T.V". His eyes would light up when he talked about his teammates the games and Louie and of course that game that got away from us at the Holiday Festival vs. Indiana when a bad traveling call against George Johnson late in the game cost us a win. He was a great player and even a better person. He continued to work with young players even as his health was failing him. You will be missed Glenn. R.I.P. 

redslope

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
Glenn is one of the reasons I am a season ticket holder for about 40 years.  Started Grad school when he was a frosh and would skip second half of class on B ball game nights and run over to CA.  Loved his game and his play with George Johnson.  20+ wins and post season tournament was a given.

RIP- Glenn

PS--when Glenn graduated he was the second leading scorer in SJU history