"Baldi Bowl"

• 200 replies
Re: "Baldi Bowl"
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
Rothsteins tweets are funny.  But I will say this, Ionas backcourt is no joke. Might be the best ever
Best ever ? Relative to what ?

Best since Armand, Momo and English. Which was probably better than any St Johns backcourt in the last what 20'years?

Twenty years is 1997. How do you think these guys would have done in the Mid Major Athletic Conference?

Ponds / Lovett
Hardy / Kennedy
Hatten / Anyone
Cook / Fordham
Barkley / Postell

Minus Postell and Barkley, I would think they would be 1 and done

Marcus Hatten was a supernatural being, Ponds in three years will be better than any player who played in the MAAC since 1850, and you're a clown.

How'd the Hatten led teams do in the NCAA Tournament?

Yawn.  C'mon Baldi.  You've gained credibility back lately, don't go throw it all away.

I beg to differ. Never had any credibility in the first place. So Im told. Kid will you be at this game?

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
Rothsteins tweets are funny.  But I will say this, Ionas backcourt is no joke. Might be the best ever

Best since Armand, Momo and English. Which was probably better than any St Johns backcourt in the last what 20'years?
I'm going to have to google iona players. Will they show up on a google search or do I have to use yahoo or aol

Google, yahoo, and aol all you want. Better program the last 20 years?

How many years was your guy Norm the coach. 1/3 of that time ?

SJU in Big East vs Iona in the Maac is like upscale burger chain Burger Fi vs dollar menu burger chains and Wendys. Burger Fi might be on the lower end of the upscale burger chain burgers compared to Shake Shack and Smashburger but I'll take that type of burger. But being Wendys of the dollar burger menu isn't bad but you can't compare.

Does Iona charge admission to games or do they give free burgers ?

ST. John's basketball is the White Castle of burgers.  You know what's coming after. Either puke or a severe dump
Well I'm not going to argue that I haven't had the white castle feeling after some games for sure but I like I'll take msg  and rooting for sju or watching them on tv ( I won't debate Carnesseca Arena since I can't stand that place )  over driving to Iona to root for them since 99% of Iona's games aren't on tv

I'll give Iona credit though. They do well with transfers who sucked in big conferences

« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »

I'm going to have to google iona players. Will they show up on a google search or do I have to use yahoo or aol

SJU in Big East vs Iona in the Maac is like upscale burger chain Burger Fi vs dollar menu burger chains and Wendys. Burger Fi might be on the lower end of the upscale burger chain burgers compared to Shake Shack and Smashburger but I'll take that type of burger. But being Wendys of the dollar burger menu isn't bad but you can't compare.

ST. John's basketball is the White Castle of burgers.  You know what's coming after. Either puke or a severe dump
Well I'm not going to argue that I haven't had the white castle feeling after some games for sure but I like I'll take msg  and rooting for sju or watching them on tv ( I won't debate Carnesseca Arena since I can't stand that place )  over driving to Iona to root for them since 99% of Iona's games aren't on tv

I'll give Iona credit though. They do well with transfers who sucked in big conferences

Momo didn't suck in a big conference.

But Maher, I bet you enjoy watching meaningful games in March. Those Iona games are on TV"

« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2017, 07:42:30 PM »
Momo def did not suck at Zona but you know that was a unique situation Baldi. And he was coming to SJU if not for the Mo Hicks issue.

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2017, 07:45:10 PM »
Momo def did not suck at Zona but you know that was a unique situation Baldi. And he was coming to SJU if not for the Mo Hicks issue.

The drama. Ok. So he could've waited a year.

« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »

Momo didn't suck in a big conference.

But Maher, I bet you enjoy watching meaningful games in March. Those Iona games are on TV"
I watch those games like a watch a car wreck. I live for the Baldi angst :)

Where do we play you this year and what day ?

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
kind of like being in high school and banging a college chick. It's rare ( although nowadays it seems like high school kids are all banging their teachers )

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:16 PM »
kind of like being in high school and banging a college chick. It's rare ( although nowadays it seems like high school kids are all banging their teachers )

Actually, the teachers are banging the kids.

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »
1 & 2

Syracuse and Iona's winning percentage rank among the 22 NCAA Division I programs in New York State since Tim Cluess took the reigns at Iona in 2010.

Gaels going to take down both NY teams

« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
1 & 2

Syracuse and Iona's winning percentage rank among the 22 NCAA Division I programs in New York State since Tim Cluess took the reigns at Iona in 2010.

Gaels going to take down both NY teams
I'm assuming you mean crap conference NY teams like Manhattan and Marist

« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
Must watch backcourts: Temple, Fresno State, Virginia Tech, St John's, LA Tech, Ole Miss, Iona. #CollegeHoops

« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
from the Iona board

St Johns was slated to play Bucknell but Bucknell pulled out literally like 2 days before St Johns had to start signing contracts, so our name was tossed out there and they reluctantly agreed. Friggin' cowards.

Foad

« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2017, 06:08:24 PM »
St Johns was slated to play Bucknell but Bucknell pulled out literally like 2 days before St Johns had to start signing contracts, so our name was tossed out there and they reluctantly agreed. Friggin' cowards.

If they were cowards wouldn't they have declined? Anyway, question: how does your "source" on the Iona board know what sent into SJU's acceptance of a game against a shit pencil it in win versus a shitty mid major? Do you have any info about why they scheduled Sacred Heart, because that would be breaking news.

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »

If they were cowards wouldn't they have declined? Anyway, question: how does your "source" on the Iona board know what sent into SJU's acceptance of a game against a shit pencil it in win versus a shitty mid major? Do you have any info about why they scheduled Sacred Heart, because that would be breaking news.

MSG forced the issue

« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2017, 08:33:14 PM »

MSG forced the issue
LOL

« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »
Iona basketball really has a board ?

goredmen

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »

MSG forced the issue

There has been absolute ton of stupid posts on this board lately (99% of them by Poison) but this one is a hall of famer
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:43:19 PM by goredmen »

Foad

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2017, 08:50:30 PM »

MSG forced the issue

What did they force? The acceptance or the reluctance?

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
Tickets went on sale today. I got mines

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
Tickets went on sale today. I got mines

Not part of season package?