"Baldi Bowl"

• 200 replies
Re: "Baldi Bowl"
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
I'd have to give 'Nova the slight edge in terms of best BE backcourts for next season. Brunson, Donte and Booth returning. Ponds and LoVett should be right there though.

Simon is the starting PG unless he gets hurt.  Mark my words.   My guess is Lovett is a 6th man in name, plays big minutes though regardless. 

Simon Ponds and Lovett should all start.  At 6'5, Simon is the de facto 3 man

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
If Simon is good enough to send either L or P to the bench - than this is gonna be one heck of a team and I'll be darn excited.

If it's so, then that's your 3 guard starting lineup right there.

Coach brain farted at times last year and didn't start Marcus and it backfired.  Don't expect him to repeat that error.

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 05:47:58 AM »
If Simon is good enough to send either L or P to the bench - than this is gonna be one heck of a team and I'll be darn excited.

Coach brain farted at times last year and didn't start Marcus and it backfired.  Don't expect him to repeat that error.

I would say Mullin's hand was forced to make that decision

Poison

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »

If LoVett was late to a practice and Mullin didn't start him, that's on LoVett. Get to practice on time.

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 08:35:43 AM »
+1000 to Poison and Baldi on this. Also Lovett never really sulked or caused an issue about it one time. He knows the deal.

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
I'd have to give 'Nova the slight edge in terms of best BE backcourts for next season. Brunson, Donte and Booth returning. Ponds and LoVett should be right there though.

Simon is the starting PG unless he gets hurt.  Mark my words.   My guess is Lovett is a 6th man in name, plays big minutes though regardless. 

My guess would be Lovett only doesn't start for disciplinary reasons for the remainder of his SJU career. However short that might be be.

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

If LoVett was late to a practice and Mullin didn't start him, that's on LoVett. Get to practice on time.

If that was the case why couldn't it be plainly stated by the staff?  Plus the intel on it from youze guys was vague and inconclusive.

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2017, 06:06:28 PM »
Perhaps the coaching staff wanted to keep it private amongst the team and not publicly embarrass LoVett.  Perhaps.

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
I never even heard the classic and purposefully vague; "violation of team rules" as an excuse for the non starts.

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2017, 11:49:27 AM »
I never even heard the classic and purposefully vague; "violation of team rules" as an excuse for the non starts.
You have to learn to read between the lines.

Marillac

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »

Let's all say it together:  Justin Simon is NOT a point guard.
He is as much of a PG as Dom Pointer.

goredmen

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2017, 02:12:16 PM »

Simon is a PG that because of his size can play the 2 or the 3. The staff will treat him as such because him and Lovett are the only two guys on the roster that can be trusted playing PG

Marillac

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »

Simon is a PG that because of his size can play the 2 or the 3. The staff will treat him as such because him and Lovett are the only two guys on the roster that can be trusted playing PG

False. He's the classic SG that can't shoot. Some will try to pigeon hole him into PG, but he is a SF by default. PG's don't dribble the ball to their chest. Also, there is only one player on this roster that has a chance of playing PG in the league and his last name isn't Lovett or Simon.

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2017, 03:21:34 PM »

Violation of team rules usually = weed

Marillac

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

Lol It almost always means screwing up in or missing class.

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »

Lol It almost always means screwing up in or missing class.

Because your puffing the magic dragon

desco80

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 08:15:14 PM »

We'll see.  And he's not Dom Pointer, but that's ok.
I'm told the staff sees him running the point. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:15:58 PM by desco80 »

Poison

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 08:58:03 PM »

Ponds isn't trustworthy running the offense?

Poison

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 08:59:43 PM »

We'll see.  And he's not Dom Pointer, but that's ok.
I'm told the staff sees him running the point. 

The staff sees him playing the 1-3. They have acknowledged that he's multiple position player.

MCNPA

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:43 PM »

False. He's the classic SG that can't shoot. Some will try to pigeon hole him into PG, but he is a SF by default. PG's don't dribble the ball to their chest. Also, there is only one player on this roster that has a chance of playing PG in the league and his last name isn't Lovett or Simon.

I think you're wrong Marillac.  The kid is a phenomenal passer for a kid his size.  He's excellent with both hands.  He can easily play any backcourt spot.   Where in these clips does he dribble the ball to his chest?  I know clips anrent the best but he doesn't at all...  Either he's a PG or a point forward, but I want the ball in his hands plenty.  He's mega athletic, and those clips are several years old.  Kid is gonna be a killer... 

https://youtu.be/AOy29NgPdUY
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:39:57 PM by MCNPA »