Sedee Keita

• 85 replies
Re: Sedee Keita
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 01:49:30 AM »
Any relation to dishonest Abe?

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 04:01:08 AM »
SJU is 2 for 2 with regards to visits and commitments here in the Spring (Dixon and Wilson both committed shortly after visiting).  Do I hear 3 for 3?

I´m sorry, but SJU is not 2 for 2. Isaac Kante also visited and didn´t commit.

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:29 AM »
Per TempleSportsGuy -

He's also taking visits to Pitt and UConn.  Maybe Washington as well.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 06:46:39 AM »
SJU is 2 for 2 with regards to visits and commitments here in the Spring (Dixon and Wilson both committed shortly after visiting).  Do I hear 3 for 3?

not to mention....Nikola Skecic....because we felt we didn't need a warm body who happens to be 7'1" and has some level of basketball skill...even if not great
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:50:23 AM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 07:49:36 AM »

not to mention....Nikola Skecic....because we felt we didn't need a warm body who happens to be 7'1" and has some level of basketball skill...even if not great

Didn't he average like 2 and 2 at a community college? I'll pass. Kante would have been fantastic. We're a rebounder away from being a really good team, IMO.

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »
Why is this kid leaving a program that just made the final four.

Because the top four players from that team ar gone and it took four years for that squad to even make the tournament.  I don't think we'll see SC make any noise for quite a while. They caught lightening in a bottle this past year.

I'll take a sign and sit and sit any day of the week. At least we know he can play 10-12 mpg and not cost us a deep run in the tournament.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »

Because the top four players from that team ar gone and it took four years for that squad to even make the tournament.  I don't think we'll see SC make any noise for quite a while. They caught lightening in a bottle this past year.

I'll take a sign and sit and sit any day of the week. At least we know he can play 10-12 mpg and not cost us a deep run in the tournament.

So, you're saying that Sourh Carolina's program is as good as ours was at our peak? I agree. That's why this kid leaving is puzzling.

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
Not puzzling at all. Some kids want more PT.  Maybe he felt he didn't fit into Frank Martin's future plans.  And fwiw, of course I'd prefer a prompt commit to SJU, but I'd love to have him visit uconn and then commit to us.   It would make those uconn fans insane.

Wods317

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »
Not puzzling at all. Some kids want more PT.  Maybe he felt he didn't fit into Frank Martin's future plans.  And fwiw, of course I'd prefer a prompt commit to SJU, but I'd love to have him visit uconn and then commit to us.   It would make those uconn fans insane.

I think the pt and not getting along with frank Martin are good possibilities plus he said he wanted to play closer to home. Hes from Philly I believe.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »

He wants more PT from a team graduating 4 seniors? Shouldn't be a problem.

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »

Maybe he wants to see what the NIT is all about, since he's already been to the final 4

Johnny23

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »

Maybe he wants to see what the NIT is all about, since he's already been to the final 4

Lol He's an equal opportunist when it comes to winning and losing.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

So, you're saying that Sourh Carolina's program is as good as ours was at our peak? I agree. That's why this kid leaving is puzzling.

What are you saying? Easy with the "program" talk. It was a very good "team" for a year. To be a good program you have to have a long run. SC has never been and likely will never be anywhere near the program St. John's was (and hopefully will be again).

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 07:16:41 PM »

No offer. So, he doesn't count. Not the case with Kante

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »

What are you saying? Easy with the "program" talk. It was a very good "team" for a year. To be a good program you have to have a long run. SC has never been and likely will never be anywhere near the program St. John's was (and hopefully will be again).

+1

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »

No offer. So, he doesn't count. Not the case with Kante
Believe The 6'8 forward from the mid-west Daryl Walker visited and had an offer and spurned us.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

Ummm. Aren't all the graduating seniors guards?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:09:16 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »

Ummm. Aren't all the graduating seniors guards?

Yep.  Three senior guards (Thornwell, Notice, and McKie) and PJ Dozier (sophomore), who left two years early for the NBA, are the Gamecocks' losses from their '16-'17 roster.  All guards.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:24:47 PM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »
Would be a nice get but he's going to need to put in a ton of work in his ineligible year. He was one of the worst offensive players in the country. He was 9-37 on 2 pointers and was a foul machine on D. Let's hope he has Owens' work ethic

MCNPA

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
The kid barely played.  Hard to tell much overall.  The year off should certainly help.