Sedee Keita

• 85 replies
Re: Sedee Keita
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »
I think Keita has the potential to be an impact player at St. John's. He's a top level athlete who tried to play through injuries last year. He hurt his wrist, and missed the preseason and first seven games of the season. His wrist never fully healed, which obviously affected his offense.

And you are a Providence fan ? Do you know this kid ?

I'm a Friar fan, but was also a big Chris Mullin fan (we're the same age, and I watched him kill the Friars for four years).  I saw Sedee play a couple of times, and was very impressed by his athleticism. Providence was a finalist for him last year.

Despite the size difference (Keita is much bigger), he gets up and down the court similarly to Yakwe. He's definitely a work in progress offensively, but will be much better than he showed at South Carolina. The year off to work with the staff will be probably be the best thing for him.

Thanks man. Good luck against everyone but us.

FWIW, I saw Sidney Wilson play this year, too, and think he has the potential to contribute next year, but mostly likely will be a solid four year contributor.

I really root for all of the Big East teams, except when they play Providence, but especially the original teams. The problem next year is that everyone but Georgetown could be as good or better than they were this year. I expect every team in the league to have at least four conference losses.

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2017, 03:11:49 AM »
His game reminds me of of Andrew Nicholson. He needs to work on his awareness big time, but I've just been watching a couple of his high school games, and you can clearly see major potential. Had some good moves down low, but played on the perimeter a lot. Also had a couple of nice pullups. Bricked a lot of threes though. Probably should stay away from that.

On defense, he has the feet and athletic ability to stay with anyone on the court on switches, can block some shots, but isn't really a tenacious rebounder or a very physical presence inside. Saw Derrick Walker games, when watching Trimble and that's the kind of guy that would've killed here. Still, Keita can be a really good player.

Main thing he needs to do on offense is either hit his threes, or stop taking them and play within the offense. Defensively, he's solid, just needs to get after rebounds.

Moose

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »
While we're in the comparison game.  He reminds me of a more athletic version of Lamont Hamilton.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2017, 08:26:52 AM »
I don't like to compare players because everyone is unique but I did see Ben Benitl look like a 3 star recruit as a freshman and turn into a Big East player of the year type as a sophomore.  So I'm hoping for the best with Keita.

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2017, 12:56:52 PM »
The thing is Bentil and, to a lesser extent, Hamilton had decent mid-range shots, don't think Keita has shown that.  But if he boards and clogs the middle like those two it's all good.

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2017, 07:23:27 PM »
The thing is Bentil and, to a lesser extent, Hamilton had decent mid-range shots, don't think Keita has shown that.  But if he boards and clogs the middle like those two it's all good.

He can get up and down the court at least as well as Bentil, and he's a couple of inches taller. He had an inconsistent shooting motion, but I would bet that it is easily correctable, especially with Mullin and Richmond.