Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks. - ST. JOHN'S

• 162 replies

Moose

Re: Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks. - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
Who started the rumor about his eligibility.
Why In the world would the staff go after a 3 star kid who has concerns over eligibility.

Usually you take risks on higher ranked players.

And I looked at his high school. He attended 1 hs unlike the 3 or 4 Lovett attended and no shady prep schools like OSNA.

I think he will be fine.

Yes, why ever would a St.John's staff do something like this?

+1
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
Why In the world would the staff go after a 3 star kid who has concerns over eligibility.

And I looked at his high school. He attended 1 hs unlike the 3 or 4 Lovett attended and no shady prep schools like OSNA.

I think he will be fine.
I don't know anything about is eligibility status. But, the staff might take a chance on a 3 star kid when your 4 th guard just left the program and it is the middle of June. If he doesn't qualify, they are no worse off .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:26:01 AM by ras »

paultzman

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2017, 11:38:57 AM »

I think he will be fine.
I don't know anything about is eligibility status. But, the staff might take a chance on a 3 star kid when your 4 th guard just left the program and it is the middle of June. If he doesn't qualify, they are no worse off .

Fwiw, just heard staff feels he is fine academically.

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »

I think he will be fine.

As most know, to take official visits you need to have your core scores. Getting through the clearing house is a whole other story.

Poison

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »

I think he will be fine.

That's nice to hear. Thank you for sharing.

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
By all accounts he looks like a really nice player. Perfect size for a pg imo. I personally dont put much stock in the fact that hes a "3 star" guy. Jordan was a 5 star guy and both Ponds and Lovett were 4 star guys and had better years than Jordan ever had. Granted Jordan went to a vet team so he didnt have to do as much, but he wasnt nearly as efficient as either player. Our future looks very bright and i feel like we have a great shot at making the tournament this yr.

paultzman

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:51:00 AM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

I think he will be fine.

Real important for us.  I like this kid.  Size, athleticism and shooting.

Poison

« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
By all accounts he looks like a really nice player. Perfect size for a pg imo. I personally dont put much stock in the fact that hes a "3 star" guy. Jordan was a 5 star guy and both Ponds and Lovett were 4 star guys and had better years than Jordan ever had. Granted Jordan went to a vet team so he didnt have to do as much, but he wasnt nearly as efficient as either player. Our future looks very bright and i feel like we have a great shot at making the tournament this yr.

He looks like he's a straight up shooting guard. Not a point guard at all. I didn't see him make one play for another player in the videos I've watched. Not saying he can't.  That's actually ok to a degree. We have 3 guys who can run the offense. If Trimble just scores, that's ok. He can give us an offensive a burst off the bench, and hopefully be tough on d.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:47:41 PM by Poison »

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »

He looks like he's a straight up shooting guard. Not a point guard at all. I didn't see him make one play for another player in the videos I've watched. Not saying he can't.  That's actually ok to a degree. We have 3 guys who can run the offense. If Trimble just scores, that's ok. He can give us some a burst off the bench, and hopefully be tough on d.

Poison, or anyone else, any word on his defense? At least show good fundamentals; footwork, staying between the basket and his man, etc? Does he box out? Thanks.

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2017, 07:43:53 PM »
Thought i read he was a pg but i guess i was wrong

NYCoffey

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »
I think at this point he is a point center with forward and guard skills.

Dan

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2017, 10:51:20 PM »

I think he will be fine.

we haven't heard that one billion times
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:51:39 PM by Dan »

QuanMan

« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »
Really looking forward to watching Bryan's addition to the program. The lone freshman on the roster attending this weekend's BigEast freshmen orientation at the Garden this wknd . Looks to be a leader on the floor, great basketball instincts, can fill it up with range, elusive, athletic and tough around the glass for a SG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_2Xrp3PdY
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:03:33 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Wods317

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2017, 09:02:01 AM »
Really looking forward to watching Bryan's addition to the program. The lone freshman on the roster attending this weekend's BigEast freshmen orientation at the Garden this wknd . Looks to be a leader on the floor, great basketball instincts, can fill it up with range, elusive, athletic and tough around the glass for a SG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_2Xrp3PdY

Have heard he's looked very good but when the team has one freshman they are probably going to run with the narrative of him being a huge impact player. Hope he is as good as advertised bc we will need him to play this year and play well.

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
He may need to play some, but as long as he is decent and has a few moments that should be fine.  If the core 8 guys are generally good we should be good.

Wods317

« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2017, 11:15:08 AM »
He's going to be one of the first couple guys off the bench every game so he's going to need to contribute. I think it's a good role for him. He doesn't have to carry the team by any means he can just be a small piece and can get comfortable in what should be a larger role next year with Bash and Marcus gone (most likely).

QuanMan

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
https://www.fanragsports.com/20-under-the-radar-freshmen-to-watch-for-in-17-18-cbb-season/

Bryan Trimble, St. John’s: Former Florida State commit scores 10-12 points just by getting out of bed in the morning and could wind up as a valuable reserve for Chris Mullin. Don’t be shocked if Trimble has the same type of long term impact on the Red Storm program that current sophomore Myles Powell is projected to have at Seton Hall.
Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
https://www.fanragsports.com/20-under-the-radar-freshmen-to-watch-for-in-17-18-cbb-season/

Bryan Trimble, St. John’s: Former Florida State commit scores 10-12 points just by getting out of bed in the morning and could wind up as a valuable reserve for Chris Mullin. Don’t be shocked if Trimble has the same type of long term impact on the Red Storm program that current sophomore Myles Powell is projected to have at Seton Hall.

Really interesting comparison
Remember who broke the Slice news