Ponds makes USA U19 Training Camp Roster

• 32 replies

Re: Ponds makes USA U19 Training Camp Roster
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »
I wouldnt bet against Ponds being the best player in the BE come end of the season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:56:48 AM »
I wouldnt bet against Ponds being the best player in the BE come end of the season.

Agreed. Let's hope he can put it all together before then

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:33:52 AM »

He's the third best PG on the team according to many posters.

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:39:50 AM »

He's the #1 SG though.... ;)

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »

He's the #1 PG too.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »
A college coach should not be allowed to coach this team. He is just giving his own players more practice and recruiting future high schoolers.

Johnny23

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 01:23:07 PM »
Great experience for Ponds even though he got cut. Of local recruiting interest I see that Louis King survived this round of cuts.

MCNPA

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
I think this is a conflict of interest.  He kept all U.K. Players, and a bunch of potential U.K. Recruits.   Bunch of BS...

Wods317

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
It would have been nice for shamorie to make the cut but I would rather hVe him on campus working with the staff and practicing  and developing chemistry with our guys.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »
Of local recruiting interest I see that Louis King survived this round of cuts.

Kentucky has yet to offer, but he's definitely on Calipari's radar. 

I think this is a conflict of interest.  He kept all U.K. Players, and a bunch of potential U.K. Recruits.   Bunch of BS...

+1

QuanMan

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
Nothing but a positive experience for our budding star. He comes back motivated, inspired, and ready to crush the competition.

I'm not mad at the Kentucky kids making the list, they're elite to begin with.

Now Payton Pritchard making the list over Shamorie is another argument. Shamorie diced him up at Elite24 last Summer. Lord help that kid if we ever match up with Oregon next year.

To note, Kevin Huerter of Maryland by way of Clifton Park, NY is a extremely talented rising sophomore. He has all the tools to be a pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-My1hFDx0E
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »
Now Payton Pritchard making the list over Shamorie is another argument. Shamorie diced him up at Elite24 last Summer. Lord help that kid if we ever match up with Oregon next year.

Granted, I believe Ponds is a better player than Pritchard, I wouldn't use an all-star game as a litmus.

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 09:14:38 PM »

Granted, I believe Ponds is a better player than Pritchard, I wouldn't use an all-star game as a litmus.
Plus (not to let Cal off the hook) when putting together a team it is not always the 12 best players but and especially at the end of the bench the players that best fit together and bring something different that you may need. Example-Payton Pritchard may be more of a play maker and maybe that is what the team needs more than a scorer at that position.

desco80

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »

He's the #1 PG too.

It's true.   Ponds is the 3rd best pg on the team.   Which is why the staff will use him off the ball more this year now that they have a bona fide point guard in Simon.

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »

He's the #1 PG too.

It's true.   Ponds is the 3rd best pg on the team.   Which is why the staff will use him off the ball more this year now that they have a bona fide point guard in Simon.

🙄

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
www.zagsblog.com/2017/07/18/college-high...armour-america-camp/

Ponds is one of the college players chosen for the Under Armour All-America Camp beginning Wednesday at Philadelphia University.

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
Think we get some troubling news  on Ponds shortly