Elijah Holifield transferring to Prairie View

• 90 replies

Poison

Re: Elijah Holifield transferring to Prairie View
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »
While Holifield may have twice beaten Mike Tyson to say he would have been a contributor with our roster and at our level would be a stretch. That being said I certainly would prefer he still be on the team but good luck to the young man in his future endeavors.

I didn't say that he would be a contributor.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
And this is the same guy who disparages the intellect of people who live in rural parts of this country. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't follow you. He wanted to play. You think I'm blaming him for finding a place where he could? I think you're confused.

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 06:17:02 PM »
And this is the same guy who disparages the intellect of people who live in rural parts of this country. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't follow you. He wanted to play. You think I'm blaming him for finding a place where he could? I think you're confused.

Don't shoot the messenger here, but I'm rather confident he's stating that your argument lacks any intelligence, although you like to attack the intelligence of anyone who lives in a rural part of the country. 

Foad

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »

No just that it "Would have been nice to see him turn into a contributor."

It would be nice to see you say something smart for once. Not that I'm saying you're a complete nice person, only that it would be nice if you weren't.

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »
Thank you MJ. You are 100% correct. Like I said Poison lacks intellect.

MCNPA

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 09:45:19 PM »
While Holifield may have twice beaten Mike Tyson to say he would have been a contributor with our roster and at our level would be a stretch. That being said I certainly would prefer he still be on the team but good luck to the young man in his future endeavors.

You started out with:  "would have been nice to see him turn into a contributor as a senior",  "coulda been something", and "Plenty of walk ons become valuable role players at top programs."  At minimum, you're insinuating he would be.  This, all the meanwhile knowing he was transferring to Prarie View...  I think if the team masseuse left, you'd find a way to spin it as a black eye on the current staff and SJU. 

Poison

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
Thank you MJ. You are 100% correct. Like I said Poison lacks intellect.

Lol, you dumb shits.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

You started out with:  "would have been nice to see him turn into a contributor as a senior",  "coulda been something", and "Plenty of walk ons become valuable role players at top programs."  At minimum, you're insinuating he would be.  This, all the meanwhile knowing he was transferring to Prarie View...  I think if the team masseuse left, you'd find a way to spin it as a black eye on the current staff and SJU. 

The staff is doing a great job. We won 14 games. Why would I question their judgement?

Poison

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »

It would be nice to see you say something smart for once. Not that I'm saying you're a complete nice person, only that it would be nice if you weren't.

Shouldn't you be in Arizona with your fellow Nazis?

Foad

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 08:08:17 AM »

I wanted going to go but unfortunately it conflicted with my KKK den's planned re-enactment of the Battle of Chickamunga. Becuz someday de sout gwine rise again.

Poison

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 08:13:53 AM »

I wanted going to go but unfortunately it conflicted with my KKK den's planned re-enactment of the Battle of Chickamunga. Becuz someday de sout gwine rise again.

Finally, we agree on something. Best president of our lifetime.

Poison

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 08:44:27 AM »

Don't shoot the messenger here, but I'm rather confident he's stating that your argument lacks any intelligence, although you like to attack the intelligence of anyone who lives in a rural part of the country. 

Actually, no. You've misunderstood as well. In no way did I insult anyone on this board for living in some midwestern trash bag in this thread. You chose to go there.

Elijah Holifield clearly wasn't recruited by many D1 programs, or he never would have walked on here. And to be clear, my disgust with trash bag cities like Cincinnati are when options like NY are available. In this case, Prairie View is Elijah's option. So good for him for taking advantage of it. For the record I would have given 3/4 of Mussini's minutes to him, but it really doesn't matter because he quit, too.

It won't matter as long as we stay healthy for the entire season even though that's never happened before. (Don't shoot the messenger)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:45:24 AM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
Finally, we agree on something. Best president of our lifetime.

I didn't mind Clinton. He was pretty unprincipled politically and except for all those women he raped he seemed like a pretty good guy..

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
Presumably we will replace Holified with 1-2 walk ons with similar ability to play in practice and/or in a scenario where we have lots of injuries.  The expected production between Holified and replacement walk on guard is near zero.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »
Presumably we will replace Holified with 1-2 walk ons with similar ability to play in practice and/or in a scenario where we have lots of injuries.  The expected production between Holified and replacement walk on guard is near zero.

Probably but the thing is we don't need to wait until we have lots of injuries. We just need two injured guards before we drop down to 8 scholarship players. A kid who knew the system, could dribble and pass a little, play some d and spell a scholarship player for 5/7 minutes in a bind might have come in handy in year 3 since we know there will be games where 8 or less guys suit up.

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »

Probably but the thing is we don't need to wait until we have lots of injuries. We just need two injured guards before we drop down to 8 scholarship players. A kid who knew the system, could dribble and pass a little, play some d and spell a scholarship player for 5/7 minutes in a bind might have come in handy in year 3 since we know there will be games where 8 or less guys suit up.

I think your point is that you wish we had more emergency depth.  But using the Holifield departure to illustrate the point is not helping make your argument since we can almost definitely grab a comparable talent off the street to fill that role with similar effectiveness as Holifield.

As infuriating as Ellison was his first two years, I wish he stayed.  He'd have a real role on this team even absent the injury doomsday scenario.

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
Maybe the other two walk-on from last year will be back

Poison

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »

I think your point is that you wish we had more emergency depth.  But using the Holifield departure to illustrate the point is not helping make your argument since we can almost definitely grab a comparable talent off the street to fill that role with similar effectiveness as Holifield.

As infuriating as Ellison was his first two years, I wish he stayed.  He'd have a real role on this team even absent the injury doomsday scenario.

I thought Holifield was a step up from the typical St.John's walk on and that if our staff was really made up of the basketball savants they're made out to be we'd see improvement from our guys. But not if they leave at this rate. We are a perpetually young team. Holifield is certainly less significant than Ellison, Freudenberg and Williams, but it adds up to another young team in year 3.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:58:23 PM by Poison »

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »

I thought Holifield was a step up from the typical St.John's walk on and that if our staff was really made up of the basketball savants they're made out to be we'd see improvement from our guys. But not if they leave at this rate. We are a perpetually young team. Holifield is certainly less significant than Ellison, Freudenberg and Williams, but it adds up to another young team in year 3.

The staff did a great job turning this walk on into a scholarship player.

Poison

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
9 players smart guys.