Yakwe

• 10 replies

Poison

Yakwe
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:55:43 AM »
Last season he shocked us all by how much he had regressed. However, he did improve some towards the end of the season. We're going to need him to be a competant and consistent player in order to contend in the BE. Can't count on just Owens and Clarke to do it all.

Re: Yakwe
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »
gut feeling, he reverts back to 2015 somewhat. Then again I thought Tang and  Sanka were going to be here till 2050.

ras

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »
Hard to be optimistic after watching him last year. But if he got stronger , worked on his skills and got rid of his mental block, he could be valuable. An improved Yakwe will really help. Especially w the depature of Syd. Hopefully  the staff has been working w Amar on rebounding and his inside game. He has nice size and is a senior. We don't need him chucking  3 s. Would be nice to get some valuable production from him also.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:21:27 AM by ras »

tnice

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
Kenneth Faried gets paid 13 million dollars a year to do what Yakwe should be doing for us ( and could possibly do in the NBA as well): average 8 rebounds a game in about 25-30 minutes, and get a couple of putbacks, an alley oop and a stray bucket on a move in the lane every game.

He may be the most important guy on the roster. Nobody has a wider possibility of outcomes. If he's Faried light, we're probably dancing. If he craps the bed again, its probably 17 wins again.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »
gut feeling, he reverts back to 2015 somewhat. Then again I thought Tang and  Sanka were going to be here till 2050.

I was temporarily infuriated by your use of Tang and Sanka until I realized they weren't nicknames for players. Carmine has pushed me to my absolute limit for stupid nicknames and the summer break has done nothing make that subside.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
Big year for him.

hnk

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »
At a minimum need him to help keep Tariq out of foul trouble......

QuanMan

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »
I see him in the Starting5 at PF and acting like it all year long. Tariq and Marv rotating in and out of the starting Center spot depending on the matchup.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
From what i observed, he wasn't really comfortable on the court. Especially on offense. He doesn't know the game yet. That's why he's uncomfortable. He had that Norm Roberts kinda player thing where he would dribble into a corner pick up the dribble and then turn it over after getting swarmed. LoVett, Ponds, Owens, they play with their head up. Yakwe needs to learn the game so he can as well. That's what would make him a worthwhile starter. It's not a set number of points or rebounds. It's recognizing what's happening, and understanding what your role is. By junior year you should have learned something. Let's see what the staff can do with their first top 100 recruit. After two + years of coaching.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:23:23 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
I see him in the Starting5 at PF and acting like it all year long. Tariq and Marv rotating in and out of the starting Center spot depending on the matchup.

I wonder who he learned from this summer. How'd he do? That's how we'll know if he can get back to where he was. 

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »

I was temporarily infuriated by your use of Tang and Sanka until I realized they weren't nicknames for players. Carmine has pushed me to my absolute limit for stupid nicknames and the summer break has done nothing make that subside.

My apologies Marillac.