New transfer rules coming?

• 8 replies

hnk

New transfer rules coming?
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
Supposedly, the one year sit out rule is about to be changed. I wonder whether that will be good or bad for us as we are obviously playing the transfer game and Matt perfected it at Iowa State.  It may encourage more guys to transfer away from us too.

Marillac

Re: New transfer rules coming?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »
This would be bad for the game. It favors the big boys and it encourages tampering.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
This would be bad for the game. It favors the big boys and it encourages tampering.

I don't like the idea, either.  You also have a good point.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:39:42 PM by mjdinkins »

QuanMan

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
What would stop any low to mid major underclassman who is outperforming his respective conference opponents to transfer? Every student athlete aspires to be the best. Without restriction in play, every star mid major kid would transfer up without hesitation, creating a huge gap in competitive balance which is something that has been shrinking over the past 10-12 years. Although I understand where the NCAA is coming from seeing how coaches can freely move without penalty, this would kill the mid major and create a hysteria that no one wants. Even at the highest levels giving the student all of the power is irresponsible and reckless.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
Evan Daniels‏Verified account
@EvanDaniels
On transferring w/ no penalty: “It would turn into one of the dirtiest recruiting periods that you've ever seen." | http://scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/NCAA-coaches-loudly-speaking-out-on-potential-transfer-rule--107036402

Foad

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »
This would be bad for the game.

But it would be good for the players. Which is more important?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
Yea, bad idea. It would be like if a student did well his first year academically and then he could just transfer to a better school to get his degree there. Madness.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 10:06:09 PM »
You think CBB is dirty now, wait til they eliminate the sit rule.

There will be tampering like you have never seen.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:33:44 PM »
You think CBB is dirty now, wait til they eliminate the sit rule.

There will be tampering like you have never seen.
From what I heard it won't be tampering because schools will be allowed to contact other teams players. At least that is what I heard but I do know what you mean. If they do it they should at least not allow other school to make the first contact, let the player initiate contact.