Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Around Big East
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
holy crap, is rutgers horrible.  enough said.  also caught the uconn game.  even though they won, its obvious they only have four players who could play.  and i'm including omar calhoun even though he was invisible today.  they jumped all over mich st.  but as soon as they started rotating players in, mich st. came right back.  i don't see them being competitive with a rough big east schedule. 

Re: around the big east
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
Like that backcourt though...

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
Georgetown / Florida game on boat called at half, wet floor. These games are a bad idea. What's next playing on a wildlife preserve in Kenya?

Moose

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
Georgetown / Florida game on boat called at half, wet floor. These games are a bad idea. What's next playing on a wildlife preserve in Kenya?

Would Obama go?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Coach Crazy look like he auditioning for a place on Glee.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
Like that backcourt though...

catch 22.  for them to be good, they need to play a high energy game.  but they also need to stay on the court for 40 minutes.  good luck with that over an entire big east schedule.  we had a deeper team last year, to put things in perspective.  they should name that bench the fiscal cliff.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »
Why doesn't the ncaa just schedule all games like the NHL schedules the Winter Classic-outdoors on ice so they than can just cancel all the games when the playing surface proves too slippery?  ::)

MCNPA

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »
Coach Crazy look like he auditioning for a place on Glee.

You talking about Calhoun?  Dude looked coked-up to me on the half time broadcast.   He was out of his mind.

kjd01067

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »
I thought Uconn looked good for the first game. I agree they have no bench but the back court looked strong and both Daniels and Olander (sp?) Looked good at points

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
I thought Uconn looked good for the first game. I agree they have no bench but the back court looked strong and both Daniels and Olander (sp?) Looked good at points

I've also never seen a Michigan State defense look sooo bad.  Uconn was driving around the Michigan State players like they were planted in the ground and tons of open shots.  Agree they Uconn looked prepared, but I'm still not sold on their frontcourt at all.  They'll struggle when teams don't give them as many easy looks as they got last night.  I do have to say though is that it is a fantastic win for our conference and Ollie is much easier to root for than Calhoun.

Tiznow

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »
I heard from a St Peters Alum that the Peacocks are picked to finish last in one poll.  So much for the pre-season polls.

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
“@BrendanPrunty: Per source, x-rays of Seton Hall's Patrik Auda confirm break of 5th metatarsal. Expected to miss the rest of the season and redshirt. #shbb”

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
it seems like the league has had more of its share of bad luck the past couple of years...losing key guys for a variety of reasons.  especially during out of conference play.  i would argue that out of conference play is more important than conference play...because out of conference play determines how many teams in your conference will make the tourney.  the league sent eleven teams to the tourney a couple of seasons ago because they ripped up the other conferences.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
Saw  Cincy play two games & am quite impressed. Sean K. is a monster, they have nice size, play tough D and IMO will go a long way in tourney sans injuries. Cronin, like him or not, has built a program. Juco transfer Rubles is a gifted power player.

“@BigEastMBB: Cincinnati G Cashmere Wright named MVP of the Global Sports Classic after leading Bearcats to the title - 17 points vs. Oregon in final.”

“@tsnmike: Nice recovery for Cincinnati after blowing 19-pt lead. Titus Rubles played fantastic in arena that's often been kind to jukes.”

BTW, Jermaine Lawrence visiting Vegas had a chance to see Cincy up close as well. It was a great atmosphere at this tourney. Good BBall town.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:08:36 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »
Saw that Nova lost to Columbia by 18 the other day
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »
I guess this is why Pitino has a thirty man roster.

“@GoodmanCBS: Severity of Gorgui Dieng's wrist injury still unknown until Louisville returns home later today: http://t.co/Z6KxAC1E

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
Nova blows game and loses to LaSalle in OT.

Moose

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
Nova blows game and loses to LaSalle in OT.

Someone told me the inmates on Nova board are getting restless.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »
UConn down by 5 to Stoney Brook at half.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »
“@CardChronicle: X-Ray Reveals Gorgui Dieng Has A Broken Left Wrist http://t.co/xECOhtmR