Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3100 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:51 PM »
Kanter to Xavier

Damn, Xavier must be in bad shape if they are reaching for transfers from Green Bay

Bad shape? They have the best recruiting class in program history and could possibly bring back he top 5 players from an elite eight run if Bluiett returns.

Xavier got good minutes from a grad transfers from Florida A&M and Norfolk State this last season.

Just poking fun at Baldi who took a shot at SJU for going after transfers from smaller conferences

Missed that.

We need better players

You made of me for saying this Kanter kid would be a perfect fit but then an elite 8 team and one of the two or three best teams from our conference goes out and grabs him.

Apology accepted.

They are an elite 8 team. They can afford to add players from weaker conferences.

goredmen

« Reply #3101 on: April 11, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
Kanter to Xavier

Damn, Xavier must be in bad shape if they are reaching for transfers from Green Bay

Bad shape? They have the best recruiting class in program history and could possibly bring back he top 5 players from an elite eight run if Bluiett returns.

Xavier got good minutes from a grad transfers from Florida A&M and Norfolk State this last season.

Just poking fun at Baldi who took a shot at SJU for going after transfers from smaller conferences

Missed that.

We need better players

You made of me for saying this Kanter kid would be a perfect fit but then an elite 8 team and one of the two or three best teams from our conference goes out and grabs him.

Apology accepted.

They are an elite 8 team. They can afford to add players from weaker conferences.

Well that makes absolutely no sense but good try

NYCoffey

« Reply #3102 on: April 11, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
Trolling at a professional level. There is no handbook for this shit. You need to be born with it and Baldi was. Just accept it.

« Reply #3103 on: April 11, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
Trolling at a professional level. There is no handbook for this shit. You need to be born with it and Baldi was. Just accept it.

Hahha., always liked you Coffey.  As a St Johns fan, we just need a commitment at this point.

NYCoffey

« Reply #3104 on: April 11, 2017, 05:51:03 PM »
Totally agree but we have made a commitment. I think we'll be good going forward but you seem to want the opposite.
My cousin is the working in the administration at Iona so I always want them to do good. She has met with Cluess and Grasso and loves them so I don't want anything bad for them. But why do you seem to get off on bad things happening to St. Johns. May just be a social experiment but just curious?

« Reply #3105 on: April 11, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »
Totally agree but we have made a commitment. I think we'll be good going forward but you seem to want the opposite.
My cousin is the working in the administration at Iona so I always want them to do good. She has met with Cluess and Grasso and loves them so I don't want anything bad for them. But why do you seem to get off on bad things happening to St. Johns. May just be a social experiment but just curious?

A few things. Not a fan of how that Slice thing went down.  Grew up in Queens where everyone was a St Johns fan. And still waiting for this matchup on the schedule

NYCoffey

« Reply #3106 on: April 11, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »
Iona V stjohns matchup?
Agreed the Slice thing was bad, and it sounds like he wasn't treated well  from your side of things. But Shit! This is the big league. Slices has 4 or 5 Hundy a year to do nothing. If he is your pal become friends real quick before he has to earn again. When he shows up again with Cal, take your free tickets. But this is St John's, and you already know we are miring in a different muck. We fight for the 3 stars but are still above playing Iona. Sorry man but that's how it is and will be.

paultzman

« Reply #3107 on: April 18, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »

Robert Snyder‏ @RobbieBuckets

SOURCE: Jalen Brunson leaning heavily towards entering NBA draft.  @VUhoops

« Reply #3108 on: April 20, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Brunson back for his junior year per Borzello

« Reply #3109 on: April 20, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »

He may have not gotten drafted, if he had entered this year's draft.

Johnny23

« Reply #3110 on: April 20, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »

He may have not gotten drafted, if he had entered this year's draft.

Possibly not. Another example of a very effective college PG who may have some trouble adjusting to the NBA game.

Wods317

« Reply #3111 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
Huge for Nova. He could be the BE player of the year this year.

Marillac

« Reply #3112 on: April 20, 2017, 01:39:20 PM »
He would have been an idiot to declare with the PG crop this year.

paultzman

« Reply #3113 on: April 20, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
Per Zach B

Talked to Seton Hall commit Sandro Mamukelashvili. Said he hung out with Angel Delgado on visit, and expects to play with him. Hmmm. #shbb

NYCoffey

« Reply #3116 on: May 01, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
Per Goodman:

Providence coach Ed Cooley told ESPN that Rodney Bullock informed him he will be back next season. Withdrawing from NBA Draft process.

« Reply #3117 on: May 02, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
Per Goodman:

Providence coach Ed Cooley told ESPN that Rodney Bullock informed him he will be back next season. Withdrawing from NBA Draft process.

Top 3 team in BE next year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #3118 on: May 04, 2017, 12:01:11 PM »
Delgado didn't get the combine invite, have to figure his return is imminent.

Hall already adding two non ranked bigs next to him, including Jersey bruiser Darnell Brodie.

In addition to returning Khadeen, Desi, Enzi, Sanogo and Myles Powell, they're bringing in a 4 star wing, Myles Cale and they just landed 5'10 floor general Jordan Walker.

Some will argue that Providence is the preseason favorite now that Bullock is returning, but IMO Hall should be favorite with  Josh Hart, Jenkins, and Reynolds all graduating at Nova.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3119 on: May 04, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
Delgado didn't get the combine invite, have to figure his return is imminent.

Hall already adding two non ranked bigs next to him, including Jersey bruiser Darnell Brodie.

In addition to returning Khadeen, Desi, Enzi, Sanogo and Myles Powell, they're bringing in a 4 star wing, Myles Cale and they just landed 5'10 floor general Jordan Walker.

Some will argue that Providence is the preseason favorite now that Bullock is returning, but IMO Hall should be favorite with  Josh Hart, Jenkins, and Reynolds all graduating at Nova.

Nobody is arguing that Providence is the preseason favorite in the Big East.