J. Cole

• 8 replies
J. Cole
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »
 J Cole released his album "Born Sinner" earlier this summer. This album has been critically acclaimed and been a commercial success. J Cole has been shot into super stardom from the album. He also talks about Queens and St Johns in a lot of his songs. I hope he performs at St Johns University. He has brought a lot of positive attention to St Johns.

Re: J. Cole
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
J cole at midnight madness next year and recruit attendance will never be better

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
He already has. 

Time to bring him to games at MSG.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
He already has. 

Time to bring him to games at MSG.

If fox really wants to think creatively ...

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 11:31:53 PM »
During the Jarvis years, Jay Z made an appearance at our midnight madness.  Alumni Hall was sold out. Most everyone that attended that night, was not there to support the team.

It's a fine balance between generating support for the team vs just getting people to come out.

I'm a huge fan of J Cole and he will likely go on to be one of our most famous alums of all time. (Potentially the next Jay Z)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:33:36 PM by redmen4life »

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »
Huge fan of his. He came to my college a few years back when he was just getting started, I wore my St. John's jersey and he pointed me out.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
J cole performed at a mid night madness?

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
Nah, he performed at the Spring Concert 2 years ago I think it was. Pretty good show.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
During the Jarvis years, Jay Z made an appearance at our midnight madness.  Alumni Hall was sold out. Most everyone that attended that night, was not there to support the team.

It's a fine balance between generating support for the team vs just getting people to come out.

I'm a huge fan of J Cole and he will likely go on to be one of our most famous alums of all time. (Potentially the next Jay Z)

Jay-Z didn't actually perform.  It was dubbed "Rocka-Madness" but when Jay-Z didn't perform there was nearly a riot.  I'd like to see the program involve J. Cole a lot more.  He is a huge name right now and he was an excellent student while at SJU.