Isaiah Washington - G - St. Rays - NY - MINNESOTA

• 95 replies
Isaiah Washington - G - St. Rays - NY - MINNESOTA
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »
Another kid at midnight madness. Id liked to hear chillebs thoughts on him. Looks pretty talented.

Isaiah Washington - Next NY Great PG - Class of 2017
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:55:32 AM by jumpinjohnny »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Re: Isaiah Washington - G - St. Rays -NY
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:03:33 AM »
He has received offers from Providence and Minnesota, who are recruiting teammate Sid Wilson, too.

Chilleb

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:54:23 PM »
Have seen him a bunch, even today at is8. Has major potential, but to early to tell. Curious to see how his body matured over next two years.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:49:12 PM »
@ASlater247: 4* PG Isaiah Washington of St. Ray's has Indiana interest. St. John's, Seton Hall, Minny, Rutgers, USF & Iona offers http://t.co/nkAIuDfkrU

Johnny23

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:01:18 AM »
Under Armour Association: Breaking down NYC action
Dan McDonald | Rivals.com contributor

"New Heights point guard Isaiah Washington has the feel of a traditional New York City point guard. At 6-foot-1, he’s a tough lead guard that is relentless attacking the basket. He’s a scrappy defender and willed his team to a close win over Earl Watson Elite on Friday night. Minnesota is his only high-major offer."

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »
I expect Butler to get involved heavy
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
He should go to Seton Hall. Would be really good there and can play right away.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 12:41:35 PM »
He should go to Seton Hall. Would be really good there and can play right away.

Why shouldn't he come here?

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »
We showed interest for a while, much like we did with Alvarado.  Believe our interest has waned not because the staff doesn't like the kid but because there is no room.  Right now, for 2017 we will have Simon (redshirt junior) and Lovett (RS soph) at the PG slots, plus Ponds as a sophomore and Mussini as a junior. 

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »
let's see if Mussini sticks around for Year 3.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »
let's see if Mussini sticks around for Year 3.

Exactly. Mussini has to show that he's able to play at this level. He's probably a better fit to be a pro in Italy playing in their most prestigious league. We shouldn't be passing on a legit point guard just because Mussini help us win 8 games last year.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:09:53 PM by Poison »

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 04:37:41 PM »
Mussini isn't the issue.  With Simon, Lovett and Ponds I don't see any top 100-150 PG signing on.  The front court was the bigger need and we locked up a great talent.  We are focusing big time on 2018 guards, hence the full court Muhammed press.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »
Mussini isn't the issue.  With Simon, Lovett and Ponds I don't see any top 100-150 PG signing on.  The front court was the bigger need and we locked up a great talent.  We are focusing big time on 2018 guards, hence the full court Muhammed press.

Mussini was a big part of the issue because he was asked to run the offense an he wasn't quick enough to do it. He isn't quick enough to play any position in D1 ball. He'll be fine as a shooter off the bench, when they zone us.

But as it relates to this kid, we want to be known for NYC point guards once again. If this kid is willing to stay in the city in the high school, there seems to be a good chance he'll want to for college as well.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »

Mussini was a big part of the issue because he was asked to run the offense an he wasn't quick enough to do it. He isn't quick enough to play any position in D1 ball. He'll be fine as a shooter off the bench, when they zone us.

But as it relates to this kid, we want to be known for NYC point guards once again. If this kid is willing to stay in the city in the high school, there seems to be a good chance he'll want to for college as well.

You gotta stop. Mussini is definitely a D1 player.  He may not be a high major starting PG, but he's a good enough shooting prospect to play for 300+ D1 programs.  He could wind up falling out of the rotation here, but that doesn't mean he's not a D1 talent.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »

You gotta stop. Mussini is definitely a D1 player.  He may not be a high major starting PG, but he's a good enough shooting prospect to play for 300+ D1 programs.  He could wind up falling out of the rotation here, but that doesn't mean he's not a D1 talent.

He's got D1 jumper, and an NAIA everything else.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »

He's got D1 jumper, and an NAIA everything else.
  In that yearly international high school age game only Mussini and Artest have a connection to SJU

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
You missed my point.  The staff has made it a priority to pursue NY kids.  My understanding is that we are not strongly pursuing Washington and/or Alvarado because the chances of them coming to St. John's with who we already have on board are slim.  These kids will want to play right away.  Having three players in the fold for the PG/lead guard position (Simon, Lovett and Ponds), all of whom were ranked higher than either Washington/Alvarado, is a huge deterrent.  If Washington came on board (assuming as schollie were available), he'd have a redshirt junior PG/lead guard (former 5 star) transfer from a high major program, a former 4 star PG as a redshirt soph (Lovett), and a former 4 star lead guard as a true sophomore (Ponds, who I understand will ultimately get some run at the point if he develops as expected).  No PG ranked in Washington's range is going to be as interested in that situation as they are in another program where they might be able to start or play significant minutes off the bat. 

Mussini's presence isn't impacting a guy like Washington's decision.  Simon, Lovett and Ponds most definitely are, coupled with some of the stud PG prospects (like Muhhamed) that we are making a strong push for in 2018.

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 12:00:38 AM »
You missed my point.  The staff has made it a priority to pursue NY kids.  My understanding is that we are not strongly pursuing Washington and/or Alvarado because the chances of them coming to St. John's with who we already have on board are slim.  These kids will want to play right away.  Having three players in the fold for the PG/lead guard position (Simon, Lovett and Ponds), all of whom were ranked higher than either Washington/Alvarado, is a huge deterrent.  If Washington came on board (assuming as schollie were available), he'd have a redshirt junior PG/lead guard (former 5 star) transfer from a high major program, a former 4 star PG as a redshirt soph (Lovett), and a former 4 star lead guard as a true sophomore (Ponds, who I understand will ultimately get some run at the point if he develops as expected).  No PG ranked in Washington's range is going to be as interested in that situation as they are in another program where they might be able to start or play significant minutes off the bat. 

Mussini's presence isn't impacting a guy like Washington's decision.  Simon, Lovett and Ponds most definitely are, coupled with some of the stud PG prospects (like Muhhamed) that we are making a strong push for in 2018.

Posters on the boards missing the point? Say it ain't so, Joe!  :)