Bruce Jenner

• 30 replies
Bruce Jenner
« on: April 25, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »
Anyone see the interview?  My wife wanted to watch, so we flicked back and forth from Met/yank game, Rangers and the interview. I had already judged this and thought I was set in my ways. Jenner completely owned this interview and opened my eyes. 

LoganK

Re: Bruce Jenner
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
I didn't see it but I read the recap about it.  Some of the comments I've seen on the internet are disturbing.  I'm amazed at how many people are so quick to judge others because they live a different lifestyle than they consider normal (whether it's a choice or not).  My way of looking at it is, what business is it of ours to judge someone if the choices they make have NO direct influence on our lives?  If Bruce Jenner is happier living as a woman in a man's body, by all means, go put on that dress, Bruce.  To shame people into thinking they are bad people for the way they are is simply a sick depiction of those doing the shaming.  Now I will still obviously do a double take any time I see a dude in a dress, but it won't make that person any less of a human being than I...just different.
This is not at all directed at you Marco, just my thoughts on the subject.  All in all, I hope he is able to lead a happy, comfortable life, being who he truly feels he is.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »
Anyone see the interview?  My wife wanted to watch, so we flicked back and forth from Met/yank game, Rangers and the interview. I had already judged this and thought I was set in my ways. Jenner completely owned this interview and opened my eyes. 

Baldi, you can count on us to support you through your transformation.  God's speed, brother.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »
I didn't see it but I read the recap about it.  Some of the comments I've seen on the internet are disturbing.  I'm amazed at how many people are so quick to judge others because they live a different lifestyle than they consider normal (whether it's a choice or not).  My way of looking at it is, what business is it of ours to judge someone if the choices they make have NO direct influence on our lives?  If Bruce Jenner is happier living as a woman in a man's body, by all means, go put on that dress, Bruce.  To shame people into thinking they are bad people for the way they are is simply a sick depiction of those doing the shaming.  Now I will still obviously do a double take any time I see a dude in a dress, but it won't make that person any less of a human being than I...just different.
This is not at all directed at you Marco, just my thoughts on the subject.  All in all, I hope he is able to lead a happy, comfortable life, being who he truly feels he is.

I agree completely.  Before the interview, I thought Jenner  was a freak. I came away thinking the complete opposite. Whatever makes you happy, do it

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »

Baldi, you can count on us to support you through your transformation.  God's speed, brother.

I already have tits, so that's a start

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »
The far more disturbing thing is that Baldi is now a moderator  ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 04:39:52 PM »

No. Was in the beginning of this site

goredmen

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 04:40:45 PM »

Whoops. Disregard then

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »

Whoops. Disregard then

Too many complaints. " can't believe you have an Iona fan as a moderator" zzz

Foad

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
I agree completely.  Before the interview, I thought Jenner  was a freak. I came away thinking the complete opposite. Whatever makes you happy, do it

He is a freak, if he believes that Mother Nature put his penis there by mistake and to correct her mistake he intends to cut it off. Just as would be a freak someone who was convinced that he should have only been born with one eye and so plucked the other out, or only one leg and so cut the other off, or no pancreas, and so had his removed.

I'm not saying he shouldn't cut his penis off and wear a dress, or for that matter decide to have a second penis installed and extra testicles. I don't care and whatever gets you through the night. But that doesn't mean he's not mentally ill, because he is, and that doesn't mean we don't get to judge him, because we do.

LoganK

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 05:10:23 PM »
Thank god you're perfect; lest you be judged.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »
Jenner came off as a genuine person. I don't have a problem with anything foad said.  I do have a problem with people who hate him because Jenner is doing what makes him or her happy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:22:43 PM by Marco Baldi »

Foad

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »
Thank god you're perfect; lest you be judged.

Trust me, no one is more full of self loathing than I am.

Question: if you don't think people should be judged why have you seemingly made it your life's work to give every one of my posts in this forum a conspicuous thumb's down. Don't bother answering, that's rhetorical obviously.

goredmen

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
Here's the question I have for this kind of situation. Say Bruce (or anybody else) had made the transition at age 15 or whatever but was still a world class athlete. Should that person compete in men's or women's events? I don't care what people choose to do but if i was a female athlete or had a wife/daughter that was an athlete I would be absolutely furious if somebody born a male was competing in female events. I remember this happening at the D3 or NAIA basketball level and it's definitely going to happen again in the future

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 07:10:01 PM »
Baldi what the hell has happened to you. Yesterday you posted  you were the HEAD recruiter or was it you were recruiting for head then came a series of post about A,J. English and then some concerning B,J. Someone
Today someone posted about a bird in hand and you were the first to reply

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »
I support gay rights and have plenty of gay and bisexual friends, but I can't wrap my head around the transgender thing.  Even thinking about it makes me want to throw up. 

I could barely watch the episodes of Sons of Anarchy when Tig would hook up with that transvestite--who I later learned was Boyd Crowder from Justified (good show).

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
I have an Aunt who recently became a trans woman. It was a tough transition for the entire family. But, I have learned a lot and have completely accepted her new identity. She let it be known that she has felt out of place in her body since she was 7 years old. The amount of courage it must've taken to make that transition is incredible and I applaud her for it.

It's important to have empathy when discussing topics like transgender people, or else you come off as very ignorant (see Foad's post).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:42:47 PM by redstorm212 »

LoganK

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »
Question: if you don't think people should be judged why have you seemingly made it your life's work to give every one of my posts in this forum a conspicuous thumb's down. Don't bother answering, that's rhetorical obviously.
I do think people should be judged.  I think murderers, rapists, and various other a__holes who infringe on the rights or the daily lives of other people should be judged.  I do not think that someone who simply feels differently than you or I should be judged and treated like scum (I'm not implying you do, but it does occur).

*I'm sorry to disappoint, but I do not care about your posts as much as you seem to think I do.  Have you considered that there are multiple people who at various times might like or dislike one of your posts?

LoganK

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
I have an Aunt who recently became a trans woman. It was a tough transition for the entire family. But, I have learned a lot and have completely accepted her new identity. She let it be known that she has felt out of place in her body since she was 7 years old. The amount of courage it must've taken to make that transition is incredible and I applaud her for it.

It's important to have empathy when discussing topics like transgender people, or else you come off as very ignorant (see Foad's post).
Good for her.  I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have to hide your life from everyone else...

Foad

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 06:57:15 AM »
I do think people should be judged.  I think murderers, rapists, and various other a__holes who infringe on the rights or the daily lives of other people should be judged.  I do not think that someone who simply feels differently than you or I should be judged and treated like scum (I'm not implying you do, but it does occur).

Good grief what a load of twaddle you've managed to cram into five short sentences.

In the first place, you're judging me, right here, in this thread, simply because I feel differently than you. I didn't murder anyone, or rape anyone, or infringe on anyone's life. I didn't treat anyone like scum. I merely expressed the opinion that people who surgically remove their bodily appendages based upon the belief that Mother Nature has put them there by mistake suffer from a form of mental illness and that others observing their behavior have the right to adjudge it as abnormal. Note that I did not say anything about how they should be treated, except to say that they of course have every right to live their lives as they so choose. 

In the second place, I'm quite sure you judge others - at least I hope you do - based solely upon their shriveled inner lives - racists, Nazis, misogynists, homophobes, bigots, pedophiles, antisemites - and believe they should be shunned, just because they feel differently than you do.

And in the third place Bruce Jenner isn't being treated like scum. He's a multi millionaire celebrity who's being lauded for his alleged bravery on a nationally televised interview that he taped while his other TV show is on hiatus and before his new TV show starts. The worst treatment he's so far received was from Diane Sawyer after he said he voted for George Bush. 

Other than that you make some good points.

*I'm sorry to disappoint, but I do not care about your posts as much as you seem to think I do.  Have you considered that there are multiple people who at various times might like or dislike one of your posts?

Yes, you're lying. There's a link that tells you which posters have judged your post and found them wanting. You can also see a list of rates your posts received in your forum profile. You only stopped clicking the thumbs down button when I humiliated you into stopping, in a thread, BTW, where speaking of not judging people you stated that you "pity" me because of the "frustration and anger" I feel at the world. Lulz. Which means that you often judge my mere words while at the same time here chastising me for judging others behaviors. Which is of course your prerogative. I frankly think the world would be a better place if more people judged others more often and were more discriminating in their actions and associations based upon reason and moral discernment. But it would also he a better place if there were fewer hypocrites, which is what you are. Mote, log, etc.