Phil Greene draft prospects

• 34 replies
Re: Phil Greene draft prospects
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
+1 on showing the love for Phil.  He had his limitations as a player and was used the wrong way (and too much) for a few years, but will always pull for that kid.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
Reads like Lavin hype machine without any real specifics but if not very excited for Phil that's he's getting some real looks

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/05/johns-greene-gunning.html

I didn't know the WNBA had a draft.
Didn't know Foad was a troll.

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »
Love Phil but zero shot at the NBA. His best asset is shot which is good not great. He's too inconsistent with it. Some games he was on fire from 3 and others he was invisible. Good college player and probably could have been an honorable mention Big East but no shot at the NBA. Phil will make a career playing basketball somewhere though.

I'm not so sure about zero shot. Not a great or even good shot, but some team might find room for a guy that can shoot the 3. Let's see what he's learned since March before writing him off. Remember, he didn't have such a wonderful teacher.
Good point.  Look at how quickly Jak developed after he left.

boo3

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:15 AM »
 I get it Poison... I do.. I was at that game you reference..  A low point for sure.. Albeit far from the eventual bottom.  But that was Ceds first season.  He ended up transefering to Cle St , working hard on his game, and becoming a very good player.. Truth is, that happens all the time... Just not to guys we root for at St. John's.    The league is filled with feel good stories about kids who get a call up to the NBA. 

Poison

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »
I get it Poison... I do.. I was at that game you reference..  A low point for sure.. Albeit far from the eventual bottom.  But that was Ceds first season.  He ended up transefering to Cle St , working hard on his game, and becoming a very good player.. Truth is, that happens all the time... Just not to guys we root for at St. John's.    The league is filled with feel good stories about kids who get a call up to the NBA. 

He had a better teacher, and he became a better player. Our staff was better than the one that featured Norm Roberts, but Greene could improve in other areas in addition to his shooting. He was a lousy playmaker, but he was also once a terrible shooter, too.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »

The Nets are holding NBA Draft workouts next week including:
Phil Greene
JayVaughn Pinkston
Terry Rozier
Kevin Pangos
Quinn Cook
David Laury

Zags tweet
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:19:19 AM by Marco Baldi »

Wods317

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 09:02:41 AM »
I'm not sure Phil has any shot at the NBA but if someone can make it happen it would be Phil. In my limited experience with him he was an absolutely great kid and you never heard a complaint or excuse from him even though he was injured quite often here. Wish him all the best and couldn't be more pleased that he is getting these looks from teams.

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
Very happy for Phil . Never thought he had a chance. Honestly never thought any of our seniors had a chance. Maybe all 3 make it.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »
Very happy for Phil . Never thought he had a chance. Honestly never thought any of our seniors had a chance.

He doesn't.

MCNPA

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
I don't think he will be drafted, but hopefully he can grab a spot in summer league play.  I think his best bet will be overseas.  I think Sir'Dom will be drafted and might be able to make some noise if he keeps working on his shooting.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
I think Phil has a knack for scoring, but he takes care of the basketball and understands the value of a possession,” said Lavin. “You look at the data, the metrics, the analytics throughout his career, what stood out was his ability to take care of the basketball. His assist-to-turnover ratio was impressive and he would go long stretches in the season without a single turnover so that speaks to his intelligence and his purposeful play on the offensive end of the court.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/238183/Making-The-Case-For-Phil-Greene-IV

It is awsome Lavin is still helping out St. Johns graduates even though he is not employed anymore by the University.  I wonder if any of Chris Mullin NBA contacts are at work here?  Because I didn't see this hype for Phil coming!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:13:13 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
Thank you, 1st post in over 12 hrs

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
AdamZagoria
Former St. John's G @philgreene31 works out tomorrow for the Celtics, his 8th workout, source tells @SNYtv