Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S

• 214 replies

goredmen

Re: Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
Zach B
St Johns assistant Matt Abdelmassih will see signee Greg Williams today in Louisiana. Has a playoff game. #sjubb

I get nervous now when I see you posted something on a thread about an already committed recruit

paultzman

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2018, 01:30:04 PM »
Zach B
St Johns assistant Matt Abdelmassih will see signee Greg Williams today in Louisiana. Has a playoff game. #sjubb

I get nervous now when I see you posted something on a thread about an already committed recruit

Sorry 😉 All good with Williams

paultzman

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »

Matt A
Great seeing my guy @gthemenace in Louisana today. Fans are going to love the energy, athleticism, and passion he plays with. A lot of St Johns love in the bayou #SJUBB #futureisbright

« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »

Matt A
Great seeing my guy @gthemenace in Louisana today. Fans are going to love the energy, athleticism, and passion he plays with. A lot of St Johns love in the bayou #SJUBB #futureisbright

Oh boy

Foad

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:58 PM »

Matt A

Oh boy

Uh oh. Is he driving a Jag?

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »

Matt A

Oh boy

Oh god, please don’t tell me anything about this one .

« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »

Matt A

Oh boy

Oh god, please don’t tell me anything about this one .

I think Baldi said that because of Matt's quote.

Marillac

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/jamesbewers/status/972301101339947009?s=21

Not to take anything away but I believe his school competes in a very low division.  They won games 86-12, 88-11, and 88-18.

paultzman

« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
https://twitter.com/jamesbewers/status/972301101339947009?s=21

Not to take anything away but I believe his school competes in a very low division.  They won games 86-12, 88-11, and 88-18.

That is true. On plus side his school is a good one & he does well academically. He also played with solid AAU program.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »
Greg reminds me of the Khyri Thomas, and other lower rated recruits who end up going to other schools in the Big East then turn into great college players. I think he's going to be a real difference maker down the road.

ras

« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »
He seems to be a good rebounder also. Finished state championship w 13 rebounds.

Wods317

« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2018, 12:16:49 PM »
Greg reminds me of the Khyri Thomas, and other lower rated recruits who end up going to other schools in the Big East then turn into great college players. I think he's going to be a real difference maker down the road.

He’s a 4 star on some of the sites. He will have an impact right away hopefully.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2018, 12:31:36 PM »

He’s a 4 star on some of the sites. He will have an impact right away hopefully.

True. The guard rotation looks to be pretty crowded next year. I wonder what the pecking order will be. If everyone returns you would have Ponds and Simon as the starters, and maybe a third guard depending how the roster turns out. Then you have Trimble, Williams, and Dixon. Wonder how the minutes will be split among those three guys. Also looks like they're recruiting anther guard for next year in McGowens. Maybe the staff is anticipating Trimble leaving or Ponds going to the NBA?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:32:30 PM by thetruth8734 »

« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »

True. The guard rotation looks to be pretty crowded next year. I wonder what the pecking order will be. If everyone returns you would have Ponds and Simon as the starters, and maybe a third guard depending how the roster turns out. Then you have Trimble, Williams, and Dixon. Wonder how the minutes will be split among those three guys. Also looks like they're recruiting anther guard for next year in McGowens. Maybe the staff is anticipating Trimble leaving or Ponds going to the NBA?

Simon forward. He can play some point but the last thing he is is a shooting guard.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2018, 01:05:26 PM »

Simon forward. He can play some point but the last thing he is is a shooting guard.

I was thinking Simon at point and Ponds at SG. Getting McGowens (or another talented PG) and putting him at PG, Ponds at SG, and Simon at SF seems ideal though.