Taeshon Cherry-F St Augustine (CA)

• 6 replies
Taeshon Cherry-F St Augustine (CA)
« on: May 02, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »
Recently offered by Matt.  Another west coast kid but there is a connection to SJU:

Despite the time difference and the obvious mileage separating the two, the No. 31st ranked player in the class of 2018 has connections at St. John’s and is excited about the offer. “I actually know a lot [about St. John’s]. My freshman year we had a high school manager and he’s the manager of [St. John’s] now,” he said. “He’s been trying to push me to go there for a while, so getting an offer was meant to be, kind of. He texted me today and was asking me, ‘how can I get you to New York?’ He’s a great guy and coach Mullin is a Hall of Famer in the NBA, so it’s a great offer to get.”

St. John’s joins a lengthy offer list for Cherry who has looks from the likes of Arizona, USC, UCLA, who he said is recruiting him hard, Gonzaga, Texas A&M and more.

St. John’s might be clear across the country but Cherry definitely likes the opportunity and didn’t put much emphasis on location. “Maybe a little bit but not too much because I’m trying to go to a school that is the right for me, doesn’t matter where it is,” he said. “I think my family knows that too, even if it’s across the country. If the fit is right for me then that’s where I want to go for college.”

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/st-john-s-makes-offer-with-cherry-on-top

Moose

Re: Taeshon Cherry-F St Augustine (CA)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
Honest question. Is that allowed?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
Recently offered by Matt.  Another west coast kid but there is a connection to SJU:

Despite the time difference and the obvious mileage separating the two, the No. 31st ranked player in the class of 2018 has connections at St. John’s and is excited about the offer. “I actually know a lot [about St. John’s]. My freshman year we had a high school manager and he’s the manager of [St. John’s] now,” he said. “He’s been trying to push me to go there for a while, so getting an offer was meant to be, kind of. He texted me today and was asking me, ‘how can I get you to New York?’ He’s a great guy and coach Mullin is a Hall of Famer in the NBA, so it’s a great offer to get.”

St. John’s joins a lengthy offer list for Cherry who has looks from the likes of Arizona, USC, UCLA, who he said is recruiting him hard, Gonzaga, Texas A&M and more.

St. John’s might be clear across the country but Cherry definitely likes the opportunity and didn’t put much emphasis on location. “Maybe a little bit but not too much because I’m trying to go to a school that is the right for me, doesn’t matter where it is,” he said. “I think my family knows that too, even if it’s across the country. If the fit is right for me then that’s where I want to go for college.”

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/st-john-s-makes-offer-with-cherry-on-top

Nice job by the manager, we need more of that.

ras

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »
Have to admit. The staff is putting the full court press on the class of 18. Hopefully they will be able to reel some in.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/slim_reaper635/status/864854489118855172

Oregon, SDSU, Texas A&M, USC, Arizona, Florida State, Gonzaga & UCLA are his final 8.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »
That was quick
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 01:05:32 PM »
That was quick

Even quicker, he is deciding today and all signs point to USC.  Again any list greater than 3-4 is a waste of time.  Most of the schools on a list greater than say 3 are not serious contenders for the kid's services.