paultzman

Re: Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks.
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2017, 06:50:06 PM »
Nice!

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
he's in

Jon Rothstein‏
Former Florida State commit Bryan Trimble has committed to St. John's, per a source. #SJUBB

Could be a solid pickup

This is the type of kid that goes to PC then kills us for 4 years

Agree. I think Paultzman alluded to some eligibility concerns so let's hope everything goes well there and he can play from day 1.

If we look at this through the lens of a Trimble for Mussini one for one trade which is likely what this is assuming Trimble wouldn't have come here had Mussini stayed, I don't think it's all that bad of a trade for us. Mussini pretty much only offered us spot up shooting while this kid will give us a bigger guard than can guard 1s or 2s which I think is more of what this team will need coming off the bench this year. If we don't greatly improve our defense from last year to this year then the NIT is the absolute ceiling.
Agree, and just as a side note both myself and a friend of mine (non poster) read your name as gored men instead of go redmen until recently.  ::) :2funny:

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
Really nice get and if things can work out Diakite may get that 13th scholarship this year.

Really nice recruiting kick to end the year.

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »
He's in.

Not according to Paultzman on RM.com. Want to rethink your comment or provide some support for it ?
I'll go with Paultzman on this.  He may be in....but there's no wiggle room in this post.

I'm sorry I won't post what I hear anymore.

paultzman

Re: Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks. - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »
He's in.

Not according to Paultzman on RM.com. Want to rethink your comment or provide some support for it ?
I'll go with Paultzman on this.  He may be in....but there's no wiggle room in this post.

Hey you were right! They just had not finalized things it appears.

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:18 PM »
He's in.

Wuss

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
He's in.

Wuss

;)

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
Bryan Trimble

"Who wouldn't want to play for two legendary players who are now coaches?" #sjubb
Per Zach B

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »
Bryan Trimble

"Who wouldn't want to play for two legendary players who are now coaches?" #sjubb
Per Zach B
Naz Reid for one.  ;) :)

desco80

« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »
Good news.   But based on the limited tape available online, I wouldn't expect this kid to make a big impact this season. 
And he's not that big.  Bigger than Mussini, sure.   But he's 6'3...not 6'6.   Nice that he has some meat on him though and plays defense.  That will help. 

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
Good news.   But based on the limited tape available online, I wouldn't expect this kid to make a big impact this season. 
And he's not that big.  Bigger than Mussini, sure.   But he's 6'3...not 6'6.   Nice that he has some meat on him though and plays defense.  That will help. 
So would it be fair to say you are luke warm about the whole Trimble to St. John's situation.  ;)

redslope

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
Now hopefully we hear that he is registered for second summer school semester.  As to who he reminds one of--how about a 6'3" NYC guard named Jap Trimble.  ;).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:56:26 PM by redslope »

desco80

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »
So would it be fair to say you are luke warm about the whole Trimble to St. John's situation.  ;)

More than luke warm.  Just not expecting too much right away.   
Obviously Wilson is a much more polished player, and I even expect him to struggle initially.   

Luckily, we should have about 7 deep that should carry most of the load.   The freshmen won't need to do too much. 

Foad

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »
http://nypost.com/2017/06/07/st-johns-quickly-lands-its-federico-mussini-replacement/

You have to wonder - or I do - whether the fact that they were recruiting Trimble led Missini to leave, rather than vice versa.

Johnny23

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:25 AM »
http://nypost.com/2017/06/07/st-johns-quickly-lands-its-federico-mussini-replacement/

You have to wonder - or I do - whether the fact that they were recruiting Trimble led Missini to leave, rather than vice versa.

I seriously doubt that as the Mussini rumblings have been going on for a few weeks now well before Trimble even announced his decommit from FSU.

Poison

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »
The 3rd option is that both were happening at the same time. Mussini figured he was good enough to become a professional, and Trimble was probably told that we may have a spot for you but it's contingent on having a new ship available.

All of this may end up making us more well rounded (although less experienced) because Trimble really does look like a big strong guard who can do a lot of things well. If eligibility is possible, he has to make that happen. That's a train I'm sick of riding.

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
One thing I will say is I like how calculated some of these moves in recruiting look.
I feel like its more than a coincidence that several of the players we landed have been keys to getting other guys committed.

Dixon's connection to Keita
Marv's connection to Trimble

Feel like I'm missing one but it makes me feel good that it seems that every move Matt makes seems to pay dividends down the road away from the court.

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
I missed the connection between Dixon and Kieta