Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY - SYRACUSE

• 231 replies

TONYD3

Re: Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:32 PM »
@Andrew__Slater
 Jan 20
More
2019 Joe Girard III @JG3_____  on an unofficial visit at #UConn today and watching their game vs. Villanova. The sharpshooter leads the nation in scoring at 49.8 ppg (58 in last game, 8 assists, 7 3s, 25-25 FT 🎯) for Glens Falls. @TheCityRocks  #Huskies

Idc what division you're in if you hit 25-25 from the line and are averaging 50 a night you can play for my team.
Wally from cold spring harbor was to slow to play here

I hope you are being sarcastic....
Yes. Always wondered how he got away . Wally was a year ahead of me. I remember him in News day every day. We did get Derek Brown.
As I stated in a prior post his father didn't like the way Lou used Sergio Lyck who was also a 6'8 outside shooter who Lou had posting up and he didn't want his son suffering the same fate.
Were we interested? I played conference 3 sports in Nassau . My Hs football coaches Wally in baseball. Cold spring harbor conference 4 , (smallest schools) our teachers and coaches used to make fun of them “asking if Wally hit off a tee”.
He must have been hard to evaluate playing at that level.

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2018, 09:27:56 PM »
Oklahoma has offered Rivals150 2019 guard Joseph Girard III
@SoonerScoop

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2018, 09:29:45 PM »
@Andrew__Slater
 Jan 20
More
2019 Joe Girard III @JG3_____  on an unofficial visit at #UConn today and watching their game vs. Villanova. The sharpshooter leads the nation in scoring at 49.8 ppg (58 in last game, 8 assists, 7 3s, 25-25 FT 🎯) for Glens Falls. @TheCityRocks  #Huskies

Idc what division you're in if you hit 25-25 from the line and are averaging 50 a night you can play for my team.

Yes. Always wondered how he got away . Wally was a year ahead of me. I remember him in News day every day. We did get Derek Brown.
As I stated in a prior post his father didn't like the way Lou used Sergio Lyck who was also a 6'8 outside shooter who Lou had posting up and he didn't want his son suffering the same fate.
Were we interested? I played conference 3 sports in Nassau . My Hs football coaches Wally in baseball. Cold spring harbor conference 4 , (smallest schools) our teachers and coaches used to make fun of them “asking if Wally hit off a tee”.
Think we were interested but think the same year we brought in Felipe and company so perception wise on both sides may not have seemed like the best fit at the time.

TONYD3

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
@Andrew__Slater
 Jan 20
More

Think we were interested but think the same year we brought in Felipe and company so perception wise on both sides may not have seemed like the best fit at the time.
Felipe was a senior when I was a freshman. I think Wally was 2 years behind. Sadly A long time ago

Mike

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »
You know, there was once a player who scored 74 points in a high school game. Then he averaged 8 ppg for St.John’s. At that time we didn’t have so many summer camps and tournaments to gage talent when they faced better comp. Girard must have played some tough comp at some point.

The best. Playing up levels. With a target on his back since he was in 5th grade.

Can you explain what you mean by the best? Foothills Council will have what less than 5 kids excluding Joe playing D3 ball. How many points do you think Lance would’ve scored by playing in the Foothills since 8th grade. Joe is a very good ball player who would probably average 15-20 down in the city which is very good. But the scoring is bloated by the competition and “Coach Girard” running everything through him.

« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
Looked it up. Wally one year behind Felipe. Do remember NYS Empire games Wally getting the better of Felipe at least in scoring. Dad in addition to worries about how he would be used probably didn't think there would be room for his son to shine on that SJU team.

« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »
Was offered today by Lon Kruger and Oklahoma:

Joseph Girard III‏
@JG3_____
Very Excited to Receive a Scholarship Offer from Coach Kruger and Oklahoma! #GoSooners 🔴⚪️🏀

https://twitter.com/JG3_____/status/958878022840578048

TONYD3

« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
Looked it up. Wally one year behind Felipe. Do remember NYS Empire games Wally getting the better of Felipe at least in scoring. Dad in addition to worries about how he would be used probably didn't think there would be room for his son to shine on that SJU team.
Remember hearing things about Empire State games. Long time ago. I was in HS.
Felipe played in catholic league. Wally played against schools  with 100 kids in a graduating class.
Crazy. I wish we would have gotten him. Always rooted for him at Miami. Don’t think we tried as hard as we could have. Don’t fault anyone. Sad we got Derek brown. Also got the kid from st. Mary’s tim (something) but not Wally. He was the best. Zen don didn’t get the hype that Wally did from News day.
I was a Fred Lyson fan also.

« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:29 PM »
Felipe played in catholic league. Wally played against schools  with 100 kids in a graduating class.
Crazy. I wish we would have gotten him. Always rooted for him at Miami. Don’t think we tried as hard as we could have. Don’t fault anyone. Sad we got Derek brown. Also got the kid from st. Mary’s tim (something) but not Wally. He was the best. Zen don didn’t get the hype that Wally did from News day.

Tim Doyle who transferred to Northwestern. Was more of a Rowan Barrett fan than Lyson and boy don't we wish we could have signed Rowan"s son who committed to Duke.

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
You know, there was once a player who scored 74 points in a high school game. Then he averaged 8 ppg for St.John’s. At that time we didn’t have so many summer camps and tournaments to gage talent when they faced better comp. Girard must have played some tough comp at some point.

The best. Playing up levels. With a target on his back since he was in 5th grade.

Can you explain what you mean by the best? Foothills Council will have what less than 5 kids excluding Joe playing D3 ball. How many points do you think Lance would’ve scored by playing in the Foothills since 8th grade. Joe is a very good ball player who would probably average 15-20 down in the city which is very good. But the scoring is bloated by the competition and “Coach Girard” running everything through him.

Obviously I wasn’t referring to the foothills. Has played as good as competition as possible on the aau circuit including most recently in the EYBL playing up a level.  I know you are close to his family and have good info on his recruitment, but I am very familliar with Joe and his game. If you think he would only average 15-20  in the city I would disagree, but even if that were the case joe has a great vision and feel that can get lost in the shuffle while playing with GF. His passing ability is really special and will be huge for him as the talent around him gets better.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
Per Zach B
More on this tomorrow, but New York State all-time leading scorer Joseph Girard III told me he's hearing more from St. John's coach Chris Mullin of late. Also, Michigan coach John Beilein coached his father at Le Moyne College. #sjubb

TONYD3

« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:29 PM »
T
Tim Doyle who transferred to Northwestern. Was more of a Rowan Barrett fan than Lyson and boy don't we wish we could have signed Rowan"s son who committed to Duke.
Rowan Barrett was a favorite of mine also. Just like lyson because he was from Long Island.
I had a few drinks with some tim Doyle’s HS friends around thanksgiving. They said he couldn’t believe the players behavior. All they did was smoke pot and mess around with girls in their dorm rooms. Not exactly shocking. But they made it seem excessive even for college kids.

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »

I played against Felipe in High School when I was a senior. He was a sophomore and 2 years older than me

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2018, 06:37:18 PM »

I played against Felipe in High School when I was a senior. He was a sophomore and 2 years older than me
So I guess that makes you a genius.

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »

So I guess that makes you a genius.

Nope. That makes him 49 years old

TONYD3

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

I played against Lloyd Harrison from sewanaka. He went to North Carolina state. He also played for the Red skins and chargers. We were an ok team, with some good athletes. I tackled him once. He had like 270 yards on like 9 carries. It was comical. I was playing free safety and I couldn’t catch him on a sweep.
My point to this is my school was much better then the teams cold spring harbor played. It must have funny at times watching Wally just kill.

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
I played against andre hawkins of syracuse . He had a teammate tim taylor i think his name was that was 7'0 in high school. Our tallest player was 6'4. Needless to say we got destroyed every time by about 60-70.

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:27 AM »
Per Andrew Slater-

2019 sharpshooter Joe Girard III @JG3_____ of Glens Falls & @TheCityRocks will take an unofficial visit to #Duke today, as the Blue Devils take on #Louisville. JG3 is New York’s all-time leading scorer.

@TheAthleticCBB

pmg911

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »
Per Andrew Slater-

2019 sharpshooter Joe Girard III @JG3_____ of Glens Falls & @TheCityRocks will take an unofficial visit to #Duke today, as the Blue Devils take on #Louisville. JG3 is New York’s all-time leading scorer.

@TheAthleticCBB

Girard is a Junior and is already the All time leading scorer in the State..?

pmg911

« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
Per Andrew Slater-

@TheAthleticCBB

Girard is a Junior and is already the All time leading scorer in the State..?