Alan Griffin, SG, Stepinac HS, NY - ILLINOIS

• 33 replies
Re: Alan Griffin, SG, Stepinac HS, NY
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 04:11:39 AM »

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »
https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/griffin-visits-st-john-s-vs-xavier

Was at the game last night:

On Tuesday evening, Archbishop Stepinac’s star guard Alan Griffin ‘18 went the campus of St. John’s University, after a game versus St. Francis Prep, to watch the Johnnies host Xavier. Although the Red Storm would lose its 11th in a row, Griffin said he could help the team win.

“I can definitely bring a lot of scoring,” said Griffin who recently picked up an offer from St. John’s. “I know they need help on both ends of the floor.”

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:09 PM »
https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/griffin-visits-st-john-s-vs-xavier

Was at the game last night:

On Tuesday evening, Archbishop Stepinac’s star guard Alan Griffin ‘18 went the campus of St. John’s University, after a game versus St. Francis Prep, to watch the Johnnies host Xavier. Although the Red Storm would lose its 11th in a row, Griffin said he could help the team win.

“I can definitely bring a lot of scoring,” said Griffin who recently picked up an offer from St. John’s. “I know they need help on both ends of the floor.”
That's an understatement. We need help not only on both ends of the floor but on both backboards, on the ceiling, and on the bench.

Johnny23

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
I'd take the frosh kid brother. He'll be a national top 100 recruit when it's all said and done.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Alan Griffin to Illini

“This is truly a blessing, from all the hard work I’ve put and everything else, im very excited to say that I’ve committed to the University of Illinois. I would like to thank my family and coaches for being there for me! lets go! fighting Illini!!”

goredmen

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »
Interesting. Illinois making the B10 Tourney at MSG pay dividends for them even after a 1st round loss.

A lot of young guys at the guard positions on the Illinois roster. I think he'll have to carve out a role for himself at the 3 for them which at 6'5 he can do.

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 03:54:50 PM »
Disappointing.

Some guys just want to go away.

Poison

Re: Alan Griffin, SG, Stepinac HS, NY - ILLINOIS
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »
Can’t blame a kid for considering academics as well as basketball.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
Who the  hell goes to Illinois? On purpose

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 10:28:34 PM »
Good for him. Enjoy the country and enjoy life.

Btw: I’m only saying this because he’s a two star/low three star kid. If he was five stars I would’ve been saddened.

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »
Can’t blame a kid for considering academics as well as basketball.
But isn't it a shit hole? LOL