Nebraska

• 181 replies

TONYD3

Nebraska
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:08:52 PM »
We are -9 according to cbs. Looking forward to the game. Hope I am not disappointed! It would be nice to be 3-0.

Foad

Re: Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
We are -9 according to cbs. Looking forward to the game. Hope I am not disappointed!

Don't give up hope: St John's has a good chance of losing.

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
They’re a pretty tough and balanced team.  Their fans complain that they have a hard time defending the perimeter.  If that is the case, it could be a problem.  THey do have quite a bit more size than we do, but their big contributors are all under 6’8” and their best player is their 5’11” guard, so the size of their backcourt won’t be a problem.  They have a good young forward named next Isiah Roby who will need to be handled defensively. 

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
We are -9 according to cbs. Looking forward to the game. Hope I am not disappointed! It would be nice to be 3-0.

Vegas is giving us a lot of respect early.

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:18:35 PM »

They often know better than we do... they have money at stake.

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »

There are definitely lines that can be exploited this early in the season. Alot of it comes from kenpom and other advanced analytics projections which can be off with limited data points in mid November. My guess is this line will go down a couple points by tip off.

Nebraska is one of the two or three worst teams in the Big 10. We absolutely need to handle them at home. If they give us big trouble or even beat us this season can go down the crapper very fast

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »

There are definitely lines that can be exploited this early in the season. Alot of it comes from kenpom and other advanced analytics projections which can be off with limited data points in mid November. My guess is this line will go down a couple points by tip off.

Nebraska is one of the two or three worst teams in the Big 10. We absolutely need to handle them at home. If they give us big trouble or even beat us this season can go down the crapper very fast

You mean as bad or worse than Rutgers?

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »
Taking public transit from NYC to game tomorrow and have never done it. Best option?  Willing to take a subway to a certain point and then an Uber if that is best way.

Also, does anyone know what the policy is in bringing bags to Carnesecca?  Have some friends from work coming who may have laptops, iPads, brief cases etc.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »

You mean as bad or worse than Rutgers?

Most previews had Nebraska and Rutgers right next to each other at 13 and 14 in the conference, just varied which was 13 and which was 14

Poison

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »
Taking public transit from NYC to game tomorrow and have never done it. Best option?  Willing to take a subway to a certain point and then an Uber if that is best way.

Also, does anyone know what the policy is in bringing bags to Carnesecca?  Have some friends from work coming who may have laptops, iPads, brief cases etc.

I would just take an Uber the entire way. It’s not worth the hassle.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »

It's been a while since I have done it but I believe it's the F train to Kew Gardens and then a 15/20 minute ride on the Q46

redslope

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »

It's been a while since I have done it but I believe it's the F train to Kew Gardens and then a 15/20 minute ride on the Q46

Also can take The F train to 169th Street; go upstairs and take the Q30 or Q31 to campus--about 10 minutes

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »

Get a cab from jamica station . F and e trains go there, plus LIRR

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »
We are -9 according to cbs. Looking forward to the game. Hope I am not disappointed!

Don't give up hope: St John's has a good chance of losing.
Big P

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »
Yeah you can take the E or F to Briarwood/Kew Gardens and you'll be a bus or a cab away.

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »

If you're coming from Midtown, there are 3 express buses you can take (I think they start around 4 in the afternoon, check it out).  QM1, QM5 or QM6.  From my new office location, I pick it up at 6th Ave. and 54th St.  From there, it takes about an hour and ten minutes.  Stops right at the corner of Union and Utopia, and then you just have to walk the one long block to the CA entrance.

Like I said, check the MTA website for the exact schedule.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »
Thanks all for the suggestions.  Since game will end around 8:30/9:00, anyone have recs on places to eat in the area post game?

QuanMan

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 11:24:45 PM »
If you're a STH and you don't show up to tomorrow night's game without a solid excuse you should be embarrassed.
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 11:56:14 PM »
Thanks all for the suggestions.  Since game will end around 8:30/9:00, anyone have recs on places to eat in the area post game?
Acquista Trattoria right across from CA on Union Tpke is one of my favorite spots in the entire city.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:29 AM »
i wanted to go, got out of a cast today but now in a boot.....cant drive grrrrrr