Sacred Heat Prediction

• 82 replies
Re: Sacred Heat Prediction
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:31 AM »
Don't  get frustrated on what you wish the staff did to "screw up" roster and leave us "short" of players but remember that they lost 2 guards, Ellison and Mussini, after the season (Mussini in June).  The fact that were able to come up with Trimble says something positive.  They also bring in 2 transfers in Dixon and Keita ( we are happy with transfers Simon and Clark so maybe not such a bad thing).  Having too many players can cause problems re playing time (Ellerson and Williams).   Furthermore, most teams only play 7 to 8 players on average. Not comparing us to quality but take a look at Nova and Duke over the years.

The staff screwed up. End of story. I think it is the kind of mistake that only has to happen once. I love the concept of bringing in a pair of redshirt transfers each year. Hopefully that continues.

I just don't think it's so cut and dried. I'd rather not have guys here just to fill out the roster when you know you have quality waiting in the wings.

TONYD3

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2017, 06:27:11 PM »
Don't  get frustrated on what you wish the staff did to "screw up" roster and leave us "short" of players but remember that they lost 2 guards, Ellison and Mussini, after the season (Mussini in June).  The fact that were able to come up with Trimble says something positive.  They also bring in 2 transfers in Dixon and Keita ( we are happy with transfers Simon and Clark so maybe not such a bad thing).  Having too many players can cause problems re playing time (Ellerson and Williams).   Furthermore, most teams only play 7 to 8 players on average. Not comparing us to quality but take a look at Nova and Duke over the years.

The staff screwed up. End of story. I think it is the kind of mistake that only has to happen once. I love the concept of bringing in a pair of redshirt transfers each year. Hopefully that continues.

I just don't think it's so cut and dried. I'd rather not have guys here just to fill out the roster when you know you have quality waiting in the wings.
Their was a center from Christ the king brought up today. Which got me thinking of Jose Alvarado. I don’t follow recruiting as much as some of you guys. From memory we weren’t that interested in him. Supposedly he wasn’t good enough. I checked his stats quick. Seems like he is playing plenty. Maybe even starting at Georgia Tech.
We don’t really need a PG. but he could have been a 4 year player for us. Currently we need any players.
It seems like we let so many of these guys go. Much rather take a chance on local kids then the Europeans.

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 04:17:20 AM »
Their was a center from Christ the king brought up today. Which got me thinking of Jose Alvarado. I don’t follow recruiting as much as some of you guys. From memory we weren’t that interested in him. Supposedly he wasn’t good enough. I checked his stats quick. Seems like he is playing plenty. Maybe even starting at Georgia Tech.
We don’t really need a PG. but he could have been a 4 year player for us. Currently we need any players.
It seems like we let so many of these guys go. Much rather take a chance on local kids then the Europeans.

The staff works very hard with the 4-5 stars NY players (Rawle Alkins, Moses Brown, Shamorie Ponds) but it looks like there is no much interest in 3 stars players (Keith Williams, Jose Alvarado, Khalid Moore).

And we have several 3 stars players (Marvin Clark, Josh Roberts, Bryan Trimble, Mikey Dixon).