Game 32, BET First Round: vs. Georgetown

• 217 replies

Re: Game 32, BET First Round: vs. Georgetown
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »
Mullin says get a good night sleep and eat a good meal. Would think with the short turn around team meal or meals would be done together, no?

Foad

« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2018, 11:09:58 PM »
Mullin now with more BET wins than Lavin. If anyone was wondering.

Is that true? Thought he beat Rutgers and gtown? Maybe norm had one of those

One and five in the BE. The one win was the Rutgers game in 2011. L Syracuse, L Pitt, L Nova, L Providence X 2.

« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2018, 11:27:03 PM »

One and five in the BE. The one win was the Rutgers game in 2011. L Syracuse, L Pitt, L Nova, L Providence X 2.

Cooley owned him in the big games. Ironically the only sju win I’ve seen in person was a beat down of them at the garden. And I’ve been to plenty.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2018, 02:49:01 AM »
Had tickets to entire tourney ...roads are terrible up here in rockland ...won't be able to make tonight hope to see the Johniees tomorrow at noon!...heading down tomorrow am for the rest of weekend ....Let's Go Johniees!

My train made it as far as Hicksville then they shut down the entire railroad.  I ate two tickets in the luxury suites. If I didn't have bad luck I'ld have none at all.

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2018, 03:32:20 AM »
- Simon looked super engaged and way into it.  Awesome night for him.  Even Marillac could see it.

- Ponds and his stat sheet didn't look injured to me.

- We had 5 double digit scorers and Trimble with 7.  That's a balanced attack.

- Sure hope these trains are fixed.

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2018, 03:33:11 AM »
Planned way ahead and got a hotel. My niece and her Marquette dance team, band and cheerleaders flight was cancelled this morning. They are all in a bus, be in NYC tomorrow. Hopefully Marquette is still playing

Congrats Marco! 

You are a dynasty.  You must be very proud.

« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2018, 06:01:32 AM »
Trimble and Ali gave us some solid minutes.

« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2018, 07:03:57 AM »
Happy for these kids, but feel bad that the turn around time is so tight.

Probably get to hotel late and likely need to be back at MSG mid morning. 

« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2018, 07:44:36 AM »
Trimble and Ali gave us some solid minutes.
I can't agree with you more.  Trimble seemed to be trying too hard when he first came in but settled down and hit a few key buckets. As far as Ali, for all the grief we have given him, he has really stepped up in the past few games defensively.

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2018, 09:49:12 AM »

And if they call the walk on Brownlee in the Rutgers game..........

« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2018, 09:50:04 AM »

We'll  never know whether Rutgers would've scored or not.  Definitely, appreciate the wins, but those wins (this season and last season) were in bottom-rung games. 

Win today, and much respect will be given.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:02:57 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »

We'll  never know whether Rutgers would've scored or not.  Definitely, appreciate the wins, but those wins (this season and last season) were in bottom-rung games. 

God I don't understand the infatuation with bringing up Lavin especially in the context of BE Tourney wins on Wednesday prior to Quarterfinal's.  Here is another stat after those two wins over "big time" Georgetown teams he has proceeded to lose the next two games by a combined 69 points...Giving up a combined 196 points in two games.  I would be careful in touting his BE Tourney performance as some sort of great harbinger as compared to the previous staff. 

Let's have a season where SJU does NOT have to play on Wednesday because they will have finished somewhere in the top 6.  Then let's start talking about BE Tourney wins.  Because quite frankly having to win games on Wednesday is hardly something to cheer.

« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »

God I don't understand the infatuation with bringing up Lavin especially in the context of BE Tourney wins on Wednesday prior to Quarterfinal's.  Here is another stat after those two wins over "big time" Georgetown teams he has proceeded to lose the next two games by a combined 69 points...Giving up a combined 196 points in two games.  I would be careful in touting his BE Tourney performance as some sort of great harbinger as compared to the previous staff. 

Let's have a season where SJU does NOT have to play on Wednesday because they will have finished somewhere in the top 6.  Then let's start talking about BE Tourney wins.  Because quite frankly having to win games on Wednesday is hardly something to cheer.

+1

« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
Guess to starving people bread crumbs are a meal.  :'(

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2018, 12:49:44 AM »
Raftery  had the line of the tournament in this one.

Announcer1: ' I used to interview Ewing when he was with the Knicks while he was soaking his entire body in a tub of ice'

Raftery: ' Well I'm Irish.  What a waste of ice.'