ASU Game Dec 8 at Staples Center

• 186 replies

goredmen

Re: ASU Game Dec 8 at Staples Center
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 08:34:39 PM »
It is 4 on 5 with Amar on the court. I dont care if Yakwe and Owens foul out in the first half, one of them has to be on the floor

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 08:43:07 PM »
Ponds is off.
5 other guys with 2 or more fouls.
their point guard is  too fast for us..penetrating at will
and they, like most teams who play us, are hitting threes regularly.
This is going to be an ugly second half if we don't stop fouling.

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
Guess now we know why the game wasn't picked up locally

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 08:49:12 PM »
Refs not helping

goredmen

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
Mullin needs to get a tech

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:47 PM »
I'm following the game, per the ESPN stats.  I never particularly felt good about this game when I noticed what Arizona State was doing before they played Xavier.  Once, I saw how they disposed Xavier, then my feeling for this game sunk even lower. 

No LoVett to boot, and the way we often foul just didn't feel like a recipe for winning tonight's game. 

I hope we can make it respectable, but I don't see us winning tonight.

goredmen

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
A) Amar is a nice player to have for games against Sacred Heart, but has no business playing at this level
B) Ponds didn't look the same since getting hit in the face with a forearm

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »
That it's only a 12 point is pretty amazing. Not that we are playing well, but refs are killing us.

Foad

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »
I'm following the game, per the ESPN stats.  I never particularly felt good about this game when I noticed what Arizona State was doing before they played Xavier.  Once, I saw how they disposed Xavier, then my feeling for this game sunk even lower. 

No LoVett to boot, and the way we often foul just didn't feel like a recipe for winning tonight's game. 

Despite, the fact, that you are not, watching, the game, I'd, be interested, in your, impressions. What, do you think, about, our, chances, in the second, half?

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »
Arizona got over-confident and sloppy the last few minutes.
The refs saved them from our making it a single digit game with ludicrous foul calls.
How many SJU players foul out of the game might be the only thing to really gamble on..

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »
Being down 12 isn’t bad considering how bad they’re playing and how weird the game is being called by the refs. Ponds also missed an easy layup, the front end of a 1 and 1, and had a 3 in and out. Let’s see how they handle this adversity and play in the second half

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
Ass u very skilled offensively.  Really sharing the sugar, not turning the ball over and rarely taking bad shots.

Point guard Evans playing amazing.  One of their bigs shooting 17% from deep prior is 3 for 3 from three. 

We were up 1 when Da Ali B first game in.  Down 10 when he subbed out. Our players committing fouls while at the table to check in.  Walden struggling - Hammer keeping us in it.

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:54 PM »

Despite, the fact, that you are not, watching, the game, I'd, be interested, in your, impressions. What, do you think, about, our, chances, in the second, half?

Tell me about grading papers, douchebag, pussy ass bitch.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:16:30 PM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
Ponds looks hesitant tonight. Doesn't have his usual killer instinct

Foad

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

All, in all, I was, a pretty, easy, grader.  You spelled pussyass wrong though.

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »

All, in all, I was, a pretty, easy, grader.  You spelled pussyass wrong though.

Maybe, I should spell it on your mailbox.  But, then you'd run and tell, punk bastard.

MCNPA

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 09:24:56 PM »
If Lovett was healthy ASU is toast...

goredmen

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »
Defense much better the last 5-6 mins. Focusing more on moving the feet rather than reaching in. Just need a couple of these Ponds looks to fall

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »
Ponds is 4 for 17...that's huge with no Lovett