Depaul prediction thread

• 226 replies

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Depaul prediction thread
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »
I could not post for awhile either, have no idea why.  Amazing how the cries for Mullin's head have disappeared.   Seems like he went from goat to genius rather quickly. ;D

I'm pretty sure no one thinks he's a genius. Still think this team is easily at 17-18 wins with any competent coach, but the results the past two weeks have been good. Hopefully he can turn it around.

« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
I could not post for awhile either, have no idea why.  Amazing how the cries for Mullin's head have disappeared.   Seems like he went from goat to genius rather quickly. ;D

Indeed. Funny how that works.  :)
Yes, very odd how a coach of a team on an 11 game losing streak engendered criticism and now in the mist of a 4 game winning steak with two of those wins against top 5 teams the criticism has subsided. Maybe Mr. ponds incredible steak has something to do with it but who knows. Will wonders never cease?

Johnny23

« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

Indeed. Funny how that works.  :)
Yes, very odd how a coach of a team on an 11 game losing streak engendered criticism and now in the mist of a 4 game winning steak with two of those wins against top 5 teams the criticism has subsided. Maybe Mr. ponds incredible steak has something to do with it but who knows. Will wonders never cease?

No one's saying they aren't playing good ball right now and it's fun to watch. I hope they make the NIT or better. But let's keep things in context. It's 4 games. The roster and coaching staff still need some upgrades.

« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »
Back to Trimble, should be a nice fit with Williams and Dixon for the next couple of years, we will have good variety at the guard spot.

« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
Even if Trimble never becomes more than a spot up shooter, plenty of athletes around him to disguise his weaknesses.

TONYD3

« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2018, 05:43:35 PM »
Even if Trimble never becomes more than a spot up shooter, plenty of athletes around him to disguise his weaknesses.
I disagree with this. I don’t think he is a great shooter. He has the green light here. But so does everyone else. I don’t think he is a bad athlete. Hoping he puts the work in. Maybe he becomes a great shooter.

« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
I disagree with this. I don’t think he is a great shooter. He has the green light here. But so does everyone else. I don’t think he is a bad athlete. Hoping he puts the work in. Maybe he becomes a great shooter.
hopefully he follows Myles Powell’s route who came in chunky and reworked his body.