Dixon?

• 12 replies

hnk

Dixon?
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
Can he play any point?  How's his defense?  Has he gotten stronger? Will he start next year?  How many minutes will he play? Thanks in advance.

Re: Dixon?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:19:53 PM »
and may I just also ask what was his kindergarten teachers name? Seriously though can't answer those questions and doubt anyone else really can as the level he played at is significantly below the level of the BE and we can't be sure of the rest of the roster composition. Guess we will have to wait and see.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »
Based on the few highlight tapes you can see he seems like he plays under control which should be a nice and necessary addition.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »
Hope that he's able to hit an open outside shot. Right now, what this team needs most to improve is outside shooting. Tough to win when you're the worst 3 point shooting team in the conference, especially when coupled with the worst 3 point defense in the country. If we shot better ourselves, along with the defensive things we do well, at least we'd have a chance.

ras

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »
I don’t know if he can play the point, but I believe he is a good shooter.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
Can he play any point?  How's his defense?  Has he gotten stronger? Will he start next year?  How many minutes will he play? Thanks in advance.

He's a very good shooter and looks like he can handle some point but not full-time. Who knows if anyone gets stronger with our strength and conditioning "program" but he's got a lot of room to grow in that department. As far as minutes, I think he'll be similar to Mussini.

sju89tr

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
I think he starts next year with Ponds, Simon, Clark, and Owens
We do need somehow to replace the points of Ahmed

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »

Growth of the guys you mentioned plus depth should easily do it. Ahmed played great today but he is very inefficient. Regardless getting points is getting points, efficient or not.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

Growth of the guys you mentioned plus depth should easily do it. Ahmed played great today but he is very inefficient. Regardless getting points is getting points, efficient or not.

I agree but he does provide some consistent scoring but is nowhere the player I expected  out of JUCO

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »

I agree but he does provide some consistent scoring but is nowhere the player I expected  out of JUCO

Expected more from Ahmed but he plays hard and got some big buckets yesterday as well as at the end of Xavier game.

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 04:30:44 PM »
https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/chris-mullin-dixon-and-keita-will-have-similar-impacts-to-simon-and-clark/

A little of the Lavin hype machine in use here but turned down a few notches. But I suppose all coaches talk up their players like this.

I expect Dixon to play the role that Mussini would have played had he stayed another year or two. Mostly a spot up shooter that can get handle the ball a little bit if needed. Dixon should be a better 3 level scorer than Mussini was though, at least I hope so.

Keita was super raw last year at SC and couldn't really catch or throw the ball in the vicinity of the basket, but a solid rebounder and shot blocker. Hopefully Mitch has been earning his money working with this kid all year

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/chris-mullin-dixon-and-keita-will-have-similar-impacts-to-simon-and-clark/

A little of the Lavin hype machine in use here but turned down a few notches. But I suppose all coaches talk up their players like this.

I expect Dixon to play the role that Mussini would have played had he stayed another year or two. Mostly a spot up shooter that can get handle the ball a little bit if needed. Dixon should be a better 3 level scorer than Mussini was though, at least I hope so.

Keita was super raw last year at SC and couldn't really catch or throw the ball in the vicinity of the basket, but a solid rebounder and shot blocker. Hopefully Mitch has been earning his money working with this kid all year

Keita's rebounding numbers were rather decent with minimal minutes, but his shotblocking numbers was less than one per game.  I do know he was raw, and I'm not gonna have any expectations to what he can bring to the table a season from now.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »

Sadly I would not be surprised if Owens, Keita, Clark, Dixon, Simon is next year's starting lineup.