« on: February 01, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
I'm saying I think we have a chance....

it is a non conference game after all.

TONYD3

Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »

#$%^ing hate duke. Their loser fans. Their even more pathetic fans who have never even been to North Carolina. I missed the hatten game. I was sick. No more negative posts (atleast until Sunday)

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »

#$%^ing hate duke. Their loser fans. Their even more pathetic fans who have never even been to North Carolina. I missed the hatten game. I was sick. No more negative posts (atleast until Sunday)
Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives unite!

cjfish

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
we have an outside chance because Duke is very young and plays poor D.  There will be a lot of NBA scouts present and the one and dones will be playing for them which means selfish AAU play.  We have been close to a lot of good teams....I see a spread beater at the least.

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
we have an outside chance because Duke is very young and plays poor D.  There will be a lot of NBA scouts present and the one and dones will be playing for them which means selfish AAU play.  We have been close to a lot of good teams....I see a spread beater at the least.
Haven’t watched duke all year. That is not what I am expecting.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »

NBA scouts have been at their games throughout the course of the season.  This won't hardly be their first rodeo playing in front of many, NBA scouts.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 10:04:37 AM »
We are going to get killed. They are big and shoot 39% from three. If we keep it under 20 everyone should be happy. I do like the positive front some are putting up so that when we lose by 25 they can complain.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:07:07 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 10:06:02 AM »
For the first time in the almost 20 years that i've been a season ticket holder, i sold my tickets for this game.

on the bright side i made back the money of one full season ticket... so there's that!

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »
For the first time in the almost 20 years that i've been a season ticket holder, i sold my tickets for this game.

on the bright side i made back the money of one full season ticket... so there's that!
Usually duke games are like 60-40 or 65-35 duke fans. I think it will be worse tomorrow.

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »
This is a big time showcase for the program to restore hope in front of marquee recruits. I expect a tightly contested game. Bagley is the biggest nerd we have to worry about, he's going to be a tough matchup for Tariq. Keeping Tariq out of foul trouble will be key. We really need Yakwe's 5 fouls and solid D back. The other nerd concerning me is Gary Trent. A decision will have to be made whether Justin guards Trent or Grayson Allen. There is nothing more that I would like then to send Saint K and the gluttonous ACC bandwagoners back down South disappointed tomorrow afternoon.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
This is a big time showcase for the program to restore hope in front of marquee recruits. I expect a tightly contested game. Bagley is the biggest nerd we have to worry about, he's going to be a tough matchup for Tariq. Keeping Tariq out of foul trouble will be key. We really need Yakwe's 5 fouls and solid D back. The other nerd concerning me is Gary Trent. A decision will have to be made whether Justin guards Trent or Grayson Allen. There is nothing more that I would like then to send Saint K and the gluttonous ACC bandwagoners back down South disappointed tomorrow afternoon.

Owens just picked up his 3rd foul

Johnny23

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »
Who is going to deal with Bagley and Carter in the post? Blake Griffin and Drummond, maybe.

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
We are completely overmatched at all 5 positions no matter who is on the court for either team. When it's starters vs starters we are in big trouble on the defensive end and it will get way worse when we go to the bench.

Duval vs Ponds - Duval has 2 inches on Ponds and is quicker and more explosive. Ponds won't be able to keep him out of the lane
Allen vs Simon - Simon should be able to do a decent job on Allen but Allen has played better defenders than Simon in his career
Trent vs Ahmed - Trent will eat him alive
Bagley vs Clark - Yikes. Just give him the 2 points and jog down the other end
Carter vs Owens - See Bagley vs Clark

We can't possibly matchup with them man to man. We will have to play zone but they'll probably shoot us out of it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any way we're even in arms reach by the time the 2nd half starts

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »
We are completely overmatched at all 5 positions no matter who is on the court for either team. When it's starters vs starters we are in big trouble on the defensive end and it will get way worse when we go to the bench.

Duval vs Ponds - Duval has 2 inches on Ponds and is quicker and more explosive. Ponds won't be able to keep him out of the lane
Allen vs Simon - Simon should be able to do a decent job on Allen but Allen has played better defenders than Simon in his career

We can't possibly matchup with them man to man. We will have to play zone but they'll probably shoot us out of it. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any way we're even in arms reach by the time the 2nd half starts

I hate Duke. So I might not watch.
88-54. Coach K calls off the dogs and empties bench at 12 minute mark

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »

Owens just picked up his 3rd foul

And Clark didn't get another rebound
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:05:42 PM by Marco Baldi »

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 01:36:35 PM »

They were better when we had Ron artest. They are going to be better next year also.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:37:11 PM by TONYD3 »

cjfish

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »

NBA scouts have been at their games throughout the course of the season.  This won't hardly be their first rodeo playing in front of many, NBA scouts.

Its the garden and their will be more scouts than usual because scouts like good food.  Duke is talented but playing like shit, expect a close game.

cjfish

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 03:56:24 PM »
Who is going to deal with Bagley and Carter in the post? Blake Griffin and Drummond, maybe.

A difficult proposition but Bagley is soft and soft bigmen get their shots blocked

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

Its the garden and their will be more scouts than usual because scouts like good food.  Duke is talented but playing like shit, expect a close game.

They've played in front of many scouts throughout this entire season.  They've played Michigan State, Texas, and Florida (all in NBA venues).  NBA scouts galore.  They have several NBA kids on their roster, and playing in front of scouts isn't anything new for 'em. 

Yeah, this game is in MSG ("Greatest Arena in the World," NYC, and all that).  But, Duke's kids have often played in front of (many) NBA scouts throughout the season.  I don't expect the game to be close per your reasoning, if it ends up being a close game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:00:14 PM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »

They've won 6 of their last 7 including a road win at Miami. Apparently that qualifies as playing like shit these days