Nova Game

• 176 replies

TONYD3

Re: Nova Game
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 02:56:26 PM »
I just want to see improvement. We took 17 3’s Saturday. Usually it’s closer to 30. I thought we were more aggressive. We went hard to basket and earned some free throws. Need to rebound and close out on shooters. Simple things.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »
Terrible incoming weather + Eagles parade Thursday should keep the crowd limited. Nova has a $5.20 Super Bowl themed promotion ongoing, they're struggling to sell seats. If Tariq plays the same way against Spellman the way he did Bagley, and the high/low post game is working we'll keep it close again. Have to hope Bash & Shamorie stay hot. There hasn't been one night this year besides Nebraska where we were clicking on all cylinders, we're going to need that same synergy tomorrow night. I agree w Paultz btw, we're going to have fun inside Carnesecca come high noon Saturday.

Saw on twitter last week that Kris Jenkins was asking where are all the students

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
Start Yakwe over Clark and leave him on Spellman

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »
I don’t hate Clarke. But I agree. Yakwe doesn’t have to play starters minutes. And the second unit needs more offense. Yakwe is an on defender and he has 5 fouls to give.

QuanMan

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »
Terrible incoming weather + Eagles parade Thursday should keep the crowd limited. Nova has a $5.20 Super Bowl themed promotion ongoing, they're struggling to sell seats. If Tariq plays the same way against Spellman the way he did Bagley, and the high/low post game is working we'll keep it close again. Have to hope Bash & Shamorie stay hot. There hasn't been one night this year besides Nebraska where we were clicking on all cylinders, we're going to need that same synergy tomorrow night. I agree w Paultz btw, we're going to have fun inside Carnesecca come high noon Saturday.

Saw on twitter last week that Kris Jenkins was asking where are all the students

Having to trek from Villanova to the Wells Fargo Center for 20+ nights over 4 months is tiresome for their student body. When I went to St. Joe's during their on campus arena renovation they played an entire season at The Palestra, it was a real treat.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »

Having to trek from Villanova to the Wells Fargo Center for 20+ nights over 4 months is tiresome for their student body. When I went to St. Joe's during their on campus arena renovation they played an entire season at The Palestra, it was a real treat.

Ya it must suck to travel to see your #1 ranked team . Typical millennial spoiled garbage

Rodman

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »
+1

Poison

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »

Yakwe hasn’t played well since mid Dec, but yeah, there just aren’t any options.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
18 point dog

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »

Yakwe hasn’t played well since mid Dec, but yeah, there just aren’t any options.

Mid Dec 2016?

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »
It's almost certainly back to reality tonight, but imagine they pulled this out?

I say let Spellman get his and don't cheat at all on defense. Swarm the boards on both ends. They rebounded so well in the second half against Duke.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
I just want to see improvement. We took 17 3’s Saturday. Usually it’s closer to 30. I thought we were more aggressive. We went hard to basket and earned some free throws. Need to rebound and close out on shooters. Simple things.

Clark, Ponds and Ahmed do not close out on shooters. That’s our greatest weakness. Nova does too many things well every night that I can’t see us beating them, but any team can have an off night.

Poison

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 02:07:27 PM »
It's almost certainly back to reality tonight, but imagine they pulled this out?

I say let Spellman get his and don't cheat at all on defense. Swarm the boards on both ends. They rebounded so well in the second half against Duke.

Cheating on defense is our defense. It works a few times per game. It’s an awful plan. I’m particularly disappointed with Clark and Ahmed on d. They commit fouls because they cheat and try to make up for it, and also because they aren’t paying atrention. The rest of guys follow suit.

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »

Cheating on defense is our defense. It works a few times per game. It’s an awful plan. I’m particularly disappointed with Clark and Ahmed on d. They commit fouls because they cheat and try to make up for it, and also because they aren’t paying atrention. The rest of guys follow suit.

I meant cheat off their man to help.

Poison

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »

I meant cheat off their man to help.

It’s that, too. They overcommit all over the court. Lavin’s teams with Obekpa did, too - but they were better at it.

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

@BarstoolReags
Source: Eric Paschall suffered a concussion and is expected to miss tonight's game #ScoopCity

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »

@BarstoolReags
Source: Eric Paschall suffered a concussion and is expected to miss tonight's game #ScoopCity

4 broken hands and now a concussion...sounds like Nova is doing MMA for conditioning. If Spellman gets into foul trouble they will have some problems.

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »
Paschall has been playing great in BE play. Will be a big help for us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »
Watch for Bash on Donte tonight similar to defense on Allan of Duke