Current 2018 Recruiting Targets?

• 22 replies

hnk

Current 2018 Recruiting Targets?
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:03:55 AM »
We probably need a wing to replace Ahmed and back up Marv.  We'll  need another big with a little offense and another pure point guard to back up the trio of Shamorie, Justin, and Dixon.

Re: Current 2018 Recruiting Targets?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
We probably need a wing to replace Ahmed and back up Marv.  We'll  need another big with a little offense and another pure point guard to back up the trio of Shamorie, Justin, and Dixon.

Here's to hoping Shamorie comes back for his junior year/

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »

If he takes the team to the NCAA's with his current level of play he has an outside shot at late 1st round I would think, but would probably  be G League bound. No doubt him staying for his junior year with a couple competent bigs and another scoring guard around him will boost his profile

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

If he takes the team to the NCAA's with his current level of play he has an outside shot at late 1st round I would think, but would probably  be G League bound. No doubt him staying for his junior year with a couple competent bigs and another scoring guard around him will boost his profile

If he stays he could be a preseason All-American next year. I honestly don't really see any scenario, barring a long tournament run,  where he boosts his stock enough to be anything else but a late second rounder to undrafted in this upcoming draft. If he stays and St. John's is good next year he could get into the late 1st to early second discussion for the 2019 Draft which would be ideal.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:43:21 AM by thetruth8734 »

Johnny23

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »

I agree on all counts. I think those 3 position additions are exactly what this roster needs.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:34:14 AM »
Noone from the staff at the CHSAA playoffs this weekend. Why?

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »

Persona non grata ?

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »

Were there any real targets playing.?

What were the games, I saw Molloy beat Iona..

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »

I went to that game. Good luck to UCLA with Moses Brown, nice offensive player but soft as tissue paper on defense. He would be even better offensively if Cole Anthony ever decided to pass him the ball. He has a 6 inch height advantage but they never look inside. Love Khalid Moore. First time seeing Willis on Iona Prep, Stanford got a good one.

Johnny23

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »
I'm sure there's a few 6'7-6'8 kids in the CHSAA and PSAL not getting many college looks. There always is and I'm sure grades play a big factor in this too.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »

Christ the King beat St Peters.  Molloy was playing, I believe Cardinal Hayes also

QuanMan

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
The staff should be hawking Cisse and Cockburn @CTK, I hope that the relationship has been restored w Arbitello post Lavs bc these two are going to be beasts in college. Cisse is a gazelle, can't believe he's a freshman. Cockburn is a man amongst boys and is going to be scary good. I watched him abuse Moses in February. Also, Joe Touissant on Hayes is growing by the day, very underrated as a junior.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »
The staff should be hawking Cisse and Cockburn @CTK, I hope that the relationship has been restored w Arbitello post Lavs bc these two are going to be beasts in college. Cisse is a gazelle, can't believe he's a freshman. Cockburn is a man amongst boys and is going to be scary good. I watched him abuse Moses in February. Also, Joe Touissant on Hayes is growing by the day, very underrated as a junior.
Sense SJU has a very good shot with Cockburn. Long way to go obviously.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »

Heard the contrary, zero chance for Cockburn.  But I hope you're right. Don't believe anyone at Christ the King is a fan of 1 of Mullind asistants

goredmen

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »

Heard the contrary, zero chance for Cockburn.  But I hope you're right. Don't believe anyone at Christ the King is a fan of 1 of Mullind asistants

That shouldn't be a problem considering you assured us a couple weeks ago that assistant was out

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 03:15:15 PM »

I don't think Ponds has any shot of a 1st round pick. As of right now he's not on any mock drafts so presumably he's not on anybody's draft radar. Four incredible games and maybe one or two in the NCAA's plus a great showing at scouting camps could probably get him to the 40-50 range. It'd be different if he were bigger but I think scouts aren't going to spend a 1st round pick who, right now, projects to be more of a Lou Williams but could project to be a Kemba Walker redux with the right improvements.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

Arbitello apparently thinks SJU has a good shot from what I hear. We’ll see

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »

Good to hear. Kid's a physical beast. Would be a huge get.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »

That shouldn't be a problem considering you assured us a couple weeks ago that assistant was out

Agreed

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »

Arbitello apparently thinks SJU has a good shot from what I hear. We’ll see

Thats great news on a few different fronts