Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2017, 11:39:55 PM »
Hello, my name is Alfred Hampton and I graduated in 2013. I went to St. John's to study Law ( everybody always talked about how  good the law school is), however I ended up getting my degree in Business and Psychology. I'm a second generation college graduate ( mom went to Hunter), and I love everything about our school. In case anybody else is from here, I was a  resident advisor for Donovan hall ( Nickname  Afro-big).  I wasn't a fan of SJU basketball when I arrived on campus ( I didn't watch College basketball at all), but after orientation and going to my first game I loved it. Since our school is so divided basketball was and is our school unifier.

That's my introduction, We are St. John's !
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:41:27 PM by Foryoureyesonly88 »

Rodman

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »
Rodman checking in from California.  I have been a fan since 1985.  The days of Mullin and Ewing battling it out in the Big East.  I cried when we lost to Depaul in the tournament a few years later.  Mark Jackson's senior year.  One of the highlights of my life was meeting Lou Carnessecca at USF several years ago and getting his autograph.  I rarely post but have been on this site for probably 10 years or more.  Go Redmen!!

Not sure why I became such a diehard St Johns fan (most people in CA have never heard of the school) but maybe it has something to do with the fact that my Dad grew up in Jersey. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:01:17 AM by Rodman »

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
Hi all,

Tobin Grad 2000....Big fan and season ticket holder since 1996. Live on Long Island with wife and 2 kids. Proud to say I never miss a game...catch the all  either live or on cable. Go SJU!!!

pmg911

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »
I cried when we lost to Depaul in the tournament a few years later.  Mark Jackson's senior year. 

WELCOME..!!

Still one of the angriest moments of watching SJU basketball. The free throw that Dallas Comegys scored on was a blatant violation and was not called. We have the ball and lead with 7 seconds left...

go to 1:03:56 mark for quick reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxxnRw3PHE

**Jackson also missed a clean look at the buzzer in regulation

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
Imagine my SURPRISE when I opened St John's BUSINESS Magazine from FALL 2017.  I'm profiled on the right side of page 19.  I never spoke to anyone at the school. 

Here's what they wrote: Bob LeMoullec '70 CBA recalls coming to school as a veteran, like many of his friends.  In his career, he has worked as an on-air street reporter at 1010 WINS, reporter at the New York Post, and producer at Fox.  He is author of the book, "The Newsroom Confessions and is an adjunct at SUNY Rockland as well as a movie extra for TV and film.

« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Checking in...
  From Archbishop Molloy in early 60s, I would go to Alumni Hall to swim in the huge pool that once existed there.  One Holiday weekend, I watched on TV as the Redmen beat Michigan and Cazzie Russell.  What a comeback! What a team! I was hooked.
  A local girlfriend and SJU basketball were key factors in keeping me home for college to attend SJU undergrad and grad schools.  Season tickets became a constant for decades until I moved to Albany in ‘84...and retired to Florida (most of the year) in 2013.
   Soooo many great players...Dove, Davis, Mullin, Jackson, Warren, Artest ..the list goes on and on. Soon to include Ponds and others. So many years of pleasure and pain. I am so grateful for the ride...thank you St Johns and fellow fans...and thanks for redmen.com

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2017, 02:18:59 PM »
And for Johnnyjungle.com...
(Oops, Meant to add both)

« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
Where in Florida?  There are a bunch of us near Boca Raton.

« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2017, 10:34:34 AM »
North Palm Beach, just south of Jupiter/Juno

« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »
I am charlie_imho a lifelong fan.  I just found this blog while looking for some inside info on the vacant coaching seat in Queens.

Bringing Bobby HOME!!!

Born and raised in the city. Not an alum but a lifelong fan and previously a perennial season ticket holder.

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
I am charlie_imho a lifelong fan.  I just found this blog while looking for some inside info on the vacant coaching seat in Queens.

Bringing Bobby HOME!!!

Born and raised in the city. Not an alum but a lifelong fan and previously a perennial season ticket holder.

Welcome!