what an IDIOT

• 34 replies

boo3

Re: what an IDIOT
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
  Well the pastor decided it was a stupid idea (or was pressured not to do it) and didn't go through with it even though he had every right to do it.  Interesting.  Imam should take note perhaps.  Or maybe not.

Also lets not pretend that Muslims are this peaceful ever loving group.  There are plenty that are, of course.  But, they also treat women, gays, and other minorities like they are complete trash.  Tolerance goes both ways. 

Most major religions and countries treated women, gays and other minorities like complete trash circa 20-50 years ago...or even today in some cases.  Islam has not been a religion fully embraced in first world countries...in time Islam will also evolve.

What would lead you to believe they will evolve?  Women can't even show their faces.   I'm by no means an expert on the subject but seems to me the problem with most religion, in general, is the lack of evolving with the times.   Whether its hasidic jews, catholics , or muslims, most religious customs remain in the "dark ages" for lack of a better term. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:36:54 PM by boo3 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
  Well the pastor decided it was a stupid idea (or was pressured not to do it) and didn't go through with it even though he had every right to do it.  Interesting.  Imam should take note perhaps.  Or maybe not.

Also lets not pretend that Muslims are this peaceful ever loving group.  There are plenty that are, of course.  But, they also treat women, gays, and other minorities like they are complete trash.  Tolerance goes both ways. 

Most major religions and countries treated women, gays and other minorities like complete trash circa 20-50 years ago...or even today in some cases.  Islam has not been a religion fully embraced in first world countries...in time Islam will also evolve.

What would lead you to believe they will evolve?  Women can't even show their faces.   I'm by no means an expert on the subject but seems to me the problem with most religion, in general, is the lack of evolving with the times.   Whether its hasidic jews, catholics , or muslims, most religious customs remain in the "dark ages" for lack of a better term. 

I've seen plenty of American muslims who show their face.  Haven't you?

"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »
  Of course.  I've also seen plenty of Catholics who eat meat on fridays during lent and jews who eat cheeseburgers. Doesn't mean the tenants of the religion have evolved.   Not sure if a Catholic went to Vatican City and ate a steak on good friday they'd be stoned to death though. 

Back to my question.  What makes you think Islam will evolve as a religion.  It hasn't yet, in thousands of years.

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 03:07:18 PM »
  Of course.  I've also seen plenty of Catholics who eat meat on fridays during lent and jews who eat cheeseburgers. Doesn't mean the tenants of the religion have evolved.   Not sure if a Catholic went to Vatican City and ate a steak on good friday they'd be stoned to death though. 

Back to my question.  What makes you think Islam will evolve as a religion.  It hasn't yet, in thousands of years.

It will evolve, or there will be a major break and spinoff by peaceful muslims in first world countries.  Kinda like the protestant movemet.

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

It will evolve, or there will be a major break and spinoff by peaceful muslims in first world countries.  Kinda like the protestant movemet.

So you think the Muslim faith is about 500 years behind the times and we just need to be patient with them..?

boo3

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »

So you think the Muslim faith is about 500 years behind the times and we just need to be patient with them..?

my point exactly...

Tha Kid

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »
We should be patient and tolerant of the peaceful ones, yes - the majority of those who are in america...

Speaking in terms of religion gets you in trouble, IMO.  I think we should be placing blame on certain arab countries and making them pay, and not discriminating based on economics (cough cough saudi arabia cough cough).

pmg911

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
We should be patient and tolerant of the peaceful ones, yes - the majority of those who are in america...

Speaking in terms of religion gets you in trouble, IMO.  I think we should be placing blame on certain arab countries and making them pay, and not discriminating based on economics (cough cough saudi arabia cough cough).

Tolerance is a two way street...

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »
How many peaceful muslims do you know that aren't tolerant?  I know plenty of peaceful muslims, but not intolerant ones.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:00:50 AM by Tha Kid »

boo3

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »
  Apparently the Saudis aren't very tolerant either.  Arresting Catholics for......being catholic and not following Islam.  These people are unbelievable.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20101006-296336/Saudis-arrest-Filipino-Catholics-at-massreport

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
  Apparently the Saudis aren't very tolerant either.  Arresting Catholics for......being catholic and not following Islam.  These people are unbelievable.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20101006-296336/Saudis-arrest-Filipino-Catholics-at-massreport

Cmon boo, be patient and tolerant

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »

So you want us to be like the Saudis and NOT be tolerant?? Good to see where some people are setting the bar.

We're supposed to be the model country for tolerance and freedoms, and yet with the bigotry and discrimination against Muslims and Homosexuals it appears that we may not be.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

So you want us to be like the Saudis and NOT be tolerant?? Good to see where some people are setting the bar.

We're supposed to be the model country for tolerance and freedoms, and yet with the bigotry and discrimination against Muslims and Homosexuals it appears that we may not be.

You know what happens to models? They get f ucked. Just like this country

boo3

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »

Who said that, theo? Please don't put words in my mouth.  I was simply providing an example of how Islam isn't all peaceful and tolerant as our friends on the extreme left want everyone to believe.  For the record, i'm not a right-winger at all.  I'm fairly moderate. 

Why bring up homosexuals?  Has nothing to do with this whatsoever.  I couldn't care less what anyone does. 

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »
why should we base our level of tolerance on what the saudis do??  we should be able to rise above that.  what happens in saudi arabia should have nothing to do with how we treat muslim-americans here in our country. 

we should stick to our principles and stop trying to bully muslim-americans out of an area.  bullying is exactly what its become. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap