Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3460 on: January 24, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
Phil Booth broken bone in hand. Big hit for the big east

Tough sledding for Booth the past couple seasons.
Donte is the better player but he is great coming off the bench in the 6th man spot.

You?
Picking the white guy again?

Didn't know race had anything to do with it. It's basketball. But hey, thanks for your participation white boy
He's not white he is either Isiah Thomas or Dennis Rodman because he thinks Larry Bird was just another player. Right tomindicksbury?

« Reply #3461 on: January 24, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »
Phil Booth broken bone in hand. Big hit for the big east

Tough sledding for Booth the past couple seasons.
Donte is the better player but he is great coming off the bench in the 6th man spot.

You?
Picking the white guy again?

Didn't know race had anything to do with it. It's basketball. But hey, thanks for your participation white boy
He's not white he is either Isiah Thomas or Dennis Rodman because he thinks Larry Bird was just another player. Right tomindicksbury?

Damn shame what is happening with the Cleveland Cavaliers

« Reply #3463 on: February 03, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
Georgetown/Xavier headed for OT.  Tied at 86.

« Reply #3464 on: February 03, 2018, 08:21:27 PM »
Georgetown/Xavier headed for OT.  Tied at 86.

Crazy day across the scoreboard

QuanMan

« Reply #3466 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
Section 3
Section 116

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3468 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
So Villanova's 4 year stranglehold on the BE regular season may be ending...

Right now Xavier has a 1 game lead and they get Nova at home after last night's games.

I will say this even if Xavier wins the BE regular season I still like Nova over the long run as a better bet in the NCAA's.  Biggest reason is Xavier has defensive lapses.  Now they have been able to overcome them and win a lot of tight games but man they give up A LOT points even in their wins.  They have two wins at home against Georgetown and SHU where they gave up 90+ in regulation.  Heck SHU scored 65 in the SECOND HALF last night even though they lost.  65 points in a college HALF.   DePaul had a 15 point second half lead on them at Xavier.  Remember the beginning of the 2nd half when SJU played them at Xavier, I think SJU came out and hit their first 10 shots after halftime.  They are good and they are resiliant but I think their poor defense will catch up to them. 

« Reply #3469 on: February 15, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »
I’d be surprised if Xavier beats nova his weekend. Even at home.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3471 on: February 17, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
I’d be surprised if Xavier beats nova his weekend. Even at home.

Nova staked their claim today. 

Again Xavier has the second worst defensive efficiency in the BE.

« Reply #3472 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »
Markus Howard just went down real hard...crunched his back or hop....needed assistance to get off court. Out for 2nd half...

Will see if he's done for Wed or longer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:05:19 PM by RedStormNC »

goredmen

« Reply #3473 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
SHU/Providence game suspended with 13 minutes left due to unsafe floor conditions. Will be interesting to see when how they handle this with such little time left in the season.

« Reply #3474 on: February 21, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »
SHU/Providence game suspended with 13 minutes left due to unsafe floor conditions. Will be interesting to see when how they handle this with such little time left in the season.

Was it condensation?  If so, I recall Providence having a similar trouble in a game last season.

goredmen

« Reply #3475 on: February 21, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »

Was it condensation?  If so, I recall Providence having a similar trouble in a game last season.

Yep. It was like playing on a slip and slide

« Reply #3476 on: February 21, 2018, 08:16:29 PM »

Yep. It was like playing on a slip and slide

I had forgot all about that particular game.  I'm watching Xavier/Georgetown.

« Reply #3477 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
Seton Hall/Providence will finish up at 'noon tomorrow at PC's Alumni Hall.

« Reply #3478 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »
and the Hall's Desi Rodriquez slipped and hurt himself and was out. Haven't heard about severity of injury or when he might be back.

« Reply #3479 on: February 24, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »
Former BE member Pitt scored one FG in first half at home against Virginia and scored a total of 7 points. Combo of a great defensive team in UVA and what must be a horrible Pitt team.