Any good current tv shows

• 30 replies
Any good current tv shows
« on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
Dont watch that much tv and prefer to watch most tv shows that I like one after another to get it done quicker. Up to date on breaking bad,Walking dead, game of thrones homeland,house of cards etc.

Saw the thread on redmen about " The Americans " and will watch that soon. Up to final season of borgias and we just started orange is the new black last night and will finish that this week

Any other good tv shows that I'm missing especially anyones from the cable channels that I might not be up to date with ? Usually the ones we watch are from word of mouth

Re: Any good current tv shows
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
Never watched it. Not much into the talkin head. But I read where it kinda gone downhill when Al G sold it to Al J.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:13:52 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
Good one Choz.  Al J launching soon.  Sure that's going to over like a lead balloon in middle America.  LOL

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
Dont watch current or the Al J.
Dont have time fo all that when House Hunter Intl got my full undivided attention.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
Dont watch current or the Al J.
Dont have time fo all that when House Hunter Intl got my full undivided attention.
love house hunter international.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
HHI is my wife's show, though I think she left them for Love it or List it.  I'm getting addicted to the Food Network.  Love to cook.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
"The Killing on AMC, "The Bridge" on FX.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »
Big Bang Theory.  You can catch the reruns until new season in September.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
MJ, how is House of Cards? Want to get around to watching it, Kevin spacey is always fantastic.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
MJ, how is House of Cards? Want to get around to watching it, Kevin spacey is always fantastic.
loved it. Spacey is great in it. It's like West Wing but more diabolical.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
Apologies. I misunderstood the subject. Thought this was about Al G's old network wit Olbermyer and whatnot.

Anyways.....

The Americans is very good but depressin. A lotta peeps doin bad things in the name of the Cold War. Lot of innocents caught in the crossfire.

Gotta swtich over to HHI to get my sunshine back with the Hoopers of Simi Valley trying to make it in Antigua on $800 a month.

I think Im a gonna open up a dive shop in St. Kitts, I swear. And then y'all will see me on the HHI tryin fo my slice of paradise. Praise.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:09:35 PM by Choz4Life »

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
Dont watch that much tv and prefer to watch most tv shows that I like one after another to get it done quicker. Up to date on breaking bad,Walking dead, game of thrones homeland,house of cards etc.

Saw the thread on redmen about " The Americans " and will watch that soon. Up to final season of borgias and we just started orange is the new black last night and will finish that this week

Any other good tv shows that I'm missing especially anyones from the cable channels that I might not be up to date with ? Usually the ones we watch are from word of mouth
Have you been watching Louie these past 3 seasons on FX? Funny stuff most of the time. 

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

Have you been watching Louie these past 3 seasons on FX? Funny stuff most of the time. 
No. never heard of it. I'll look it up today since I'm home now

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
loved it. Spacey is great in it. It's like West Wing but more diabolical.

Thanks MJ, not surprised.

gman

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
I can't wait for sons of anarchy to return

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »

How is the Bridge?  It looked interesting but I just don't have time to watch all these serialized dramas every week.   PS Mike, have you watched Boardwalk Empire?  That's a good one and even though there's only like three seasons I'd recommend binging on HBO's old Rome series too.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »

How is the Bridge?  It looked interesting but I just don't have time to watch all these serialized dramas every week.   PS Mike, have you watched Boardwalk Empire?  That's a good one and even though there's only like three seasons I'd recommend binging on HBO's old Rome series too.
loved Rome. Saw the 1st season of Boardwalk. Then kind of forgot about it. Will have to get the next 2 seasons.

Anyone watch the netflix original series The Fall ? It's only 5 episodes but supposed to be pretty good. I just added it to my queue today.

Going to watch a bunch of orange is the new black tonight when Nathalie gets home. She was a prisoner on one of the days shootings for the 1st season but we dont know if the scene she was in got cut or not.

They are filming the 2nd season now

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:46:13 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »

The Bridge is about a body found on the bridge from El Paso to Juarez, it's half on the US side, half on the Mexican side.  A Juarez detective and a female El Paso
detective with Asperger's work the case together.  It's only three episodes into the series and it's still building the plot.  If you have on demand you can usually catch up. 

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »
Ray Donovan on Showtime has been great so far and so has Graceland on USA

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
Ray Donovan on Showtime has been great so far and so has Graceland on USA

+ 1 for ray Donovan.