JaKarr Sampson Signs with 76ers

• 139 replies

paultzman

Re: JaKarr Sampson Signs with 76ers
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »
He also had a career high 11 pts last night, to go along with 7 Rebounds, 5 Assists, and 1 Steal.

He has hired Marillac as player development coach. :)

Tha Kid

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »
He also had a career high 11 pts last night, to go along with 7 Rebounds, 5 Assists, and 1 Steal.

Wonder if that was directly related to the guaranteeing of his contract (4pm was the deadline for all intents and purposes) at 4pm.  Have to think it's hard not to play "not to get cut" with that kind of difference in salary!  Best of luck to JKS for the remainder of the season!
"I drink and I know things"

TONYD3

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
For all intents and purposes, Jakarr's $507,336 salary became GUARANTEED today.  Saturday is the official deadline, but yesterday at 4pm was the deadline that teams could waive a player AND have him clear waivers prior to Saturday. 

Congrats to Jakarr for making it in the league AND for a guaranteed full year salary.  Poison, or anyone else who was critical, does this now change your opinion as to whether leaving was a smart move for Jakarr and his family?
I think he got really lucky . He took a big chance and so far it has worked out. Hope he gets  atleast 1 more year.  Leaving early when you are not projected to be a 1st round choice is never a smart  choice.

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »
Harkless in Europe next year?

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »

I can't believe he somehow got 5 assists, wow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:21:42 AM by scoobydoo »

Tha Kid

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »

1.  Off-topic, why dont you start a new thread.

2.  In a positive thread about Jakarr, you have to make it negative.  I'm here if you need a hug buddy.

3.  I'll bet you anything you want Harkless is in the NBA next year.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »

1.  Off-topic, why dont you start a new thread.

2.  In a positive thread about Jakarr, you have to make it negative.  I'm here if you need a hug buddy.

3.  I'll bet you anything you want Harkless is in the NBA next year.

Not off topic. Someone talked of Harkless earlier in the thread.  I like Harkless, too bad he's not on Knicks, plenty of minutes. Actually, too bad he's not at ST Johns

LoganK

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
Leaving early when you are not projected to be a 1st round choice is never a smart  choice.

Never...except for Jakarr, who just made half a mil doing exactly that ;)

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
Real happy for JaKarr, he was a good dude while he was here.

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »
Really nice line for Jakarr last night - 24 minutes, 13 pts (2-2 3pt) and 8 rebounds

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:34 AM »
NY Post had an article on Orlando Sanchez. He is averaging 9 pts and 6.7 rebs and in the D League Showcase he lead with 27 and 12. Says Knicks have plans for him to be on roster next season however a western conf playoff team is interested in signing him. Yup, Karr and Sanchez, addition by subtraction.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 12:41:32 AM »
NY Post had an article on Orlando Sanchez. He is averaging 9 pts and 6.7 rebs and in the D League Showcase he lead with 27 and 12. Says Knicks have plans for him to be on roster next season however a western conf playoff team is interested in signing him. Yup, Karr and Sanchez, addition by subtraction.

Sanchez played here, and he wasn't particularly good anything. As far I'm concerned the Knicks can't lose enough games. Neither can the Sixers. Both guys may make an nba roster, and they may even get paid well, but when they were here, it was usually one disappointment after another.

Sanchez wasn't even good enough for the BE. If the Knicks actually sign him, then perfect.
F them. Idiots.

QuanMan

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
Positivity Helping Sampson Navigate Rookie Year--

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150218-sampson
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2015, 02:39:24 PM »

Whitehead may be in the league soon as well, but SH would be better off if he never suited up.  They were on fire when he was hurt and suck since he's been back.  4-4 in conference with an OT loss to Butler and a four point loss to Depaul (wins over SJU and Nova).  They are 1-5 in conference since he's been back.  He's a talent, but chemistry is more important that any one talent.

Jermaine Lawrence might be the most talented player in the MAAC, but Manhattan is only 13-12 with him after winning 25 games without him last season. 

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »

Whitehead may be in the league soon as well, but SH would be better off if he never suited up.  They were on fire when he was hurt and suck since he's been back.  4-4 in conference with an OT loss to Butler and a four point loss to Depaul (wins over SJU and Nova).  They are 1-5 in conference since he's been back.  He's a talent, but chemistry is more important that any one talent.

Jermaine Lawrence might be the most talented player in the MAAC, but Manhattan is only 13-12 with him after winning 25 games without him last season. 

Lawrence is soft and one of the most overrated players to come out of NY in years. A non factor in the Maac

Marillac

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »

Lawrence is soft and one of the most overrated players to come out of NY in years. A non factor in the Maac

I'm just not into this new age face-up four crap.  Not many guys can pull it off.  Hakim Warrick comes to mind.  More often than not it seems like those guys disregard what PFs have to do first before they can do the other "fun stuff"...like boxing out, setting screens, playing hard D, making it easier for the guards, etc.   Ty Grant didn't have 1/10th of the natural ability of Sampson, but I'd take Ty over Sampson all day long. 

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »

So what you're really saying is don't recruit NY
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

So what you're really saying is don't recruit NY

I'm not sure how you got that when my last post said "I'd take Ty over Sampson all day long."  Ty is as NY as it gets.

Moe was the top NYC player in 2011 and I'd take Moe any day of the week.  I'm fine with Obekpa and would love Diallo and Yakwe.  I'd really like to bring back some of those NYC JUCO kids that left the last two years (especially Ahmed).  Also, I'm the one of the biggest fans of Devonte Green and Salnave on this board. 

I'm just not into 6'8 PFs that want to shoot threes and live on the perimeter instead of doing what the position calls for first.  I don't care how high they project in the NBA.