Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

Pete88

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 09:25:56 AM »
I believe Mount Vernon has a couple of Sophs that are getting some attention.  Guard Marco Morency and Forward Greg Calixte. 

Hope Mullin can develop that relationship

sju89tr

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »
We never had luck recruiting there.

In Norm's defense he needed players badly and I think his first three recruits were Cedric Jackson, Geno Lawrence, and Dexter Gray. 

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »
Chuck Martin doing his job;

@TheRecruitScoop: Indiana offers 2017 New Heights (NY) guard Sidney Wilson, his coach announces.

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 08:20:24 PM »
@GiveNGobball: The Passing of Sidney Wilson's Mother Adds Motivation http://t.co/xhyUcSyU9B http://t.co/gNOqXtwDtd

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/sidney-wilson-big-time-wing-picks-up-offers-from-st-johns-minnesota/

The 6-foot-6 Wilson received an offer from St. John’s Head Coach Steve Lavin earlier in the week.

“It was a great experience to see him and Coach [Tony] Chiles come to watch me play,” Wilson said. “I felt like I had a good game, I was making shots, but I didn’t know that they were going to offer me.”
Why do people say Lavin never set foot in their gyms?  He recruited Adonis.  I personally saw him recruiting Carrington at Loughlin.  Here he is recruiting this Wilson kid.  He did recruit New York, but NY kids don't want to come. So you have to recruit nationally. (you also have to prepare for games and take care of the kids that you have now.)  Lav was a good recruiter but when he had a bad record in 2012-13 and 13 -14 he lost credibility and thus his ability to recruit.  But don't say he didn't try. ( He still got Sampson and Doughty and Barnes)  He WAS a good recruiter. 

Wods317

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/sidney-wilson-big-time-wing-picks-up-offers-from-st-johns-minnesota/

The 6-foot-6 Wilson received an offer from St. John’s Head Coach Steve Lavin earlier in the week.

“It was a great experience to see him and Coach [Tony] Chiles come to watch me play,” Wilson said. “I felt like I had a good game, I was making shots, but I didn’t know that they were going to offer me.”
Why do people say Lavin never set foot in their gyms?  He recruited Adonis.  I personally saw him recruiting Carrington at Loughlin.  Here he is recruiting this Wilson kid.  He did recruit New York, but NY kids don't want to come. So you have to recruit nationally. (you also have to prepare for games and take care of the kids that you have now.)  Lav was a good recruiter but when he had a bad record in 2012-13 and 13 -14 he lost credibility and thus his ability to recruit.  But don't say he didn't try. ( He still got Sampson and Doughty and Barnes)  He WAS a good recruiter. 

Who cares what Lavin did or didn't do. Totally irrelevant to the recruitment of this player and he isn't our coach. Time to let it go

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Visiting SJU on 6/6 with Andre Rafus
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:14:49 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »
Visiting SJU on 6/6 with Andre Rafus

Two beasts..  Great we are getting those two in here together...

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 09:17:05 PM »
New Heights (NY) has a couple impressive class of 2017 prospects in forward Sid Wilson and center Sunday Okeke. Wilson holds offers from Indiana, St. John's, Providence, Minnesota and South Florida. He is looking forward to his unofficial visit at St. John's on June 6th.

"St. John's is a good program and is close to home," said Wilson. "I've been to St. John's games ever since I was five years old so they a good school."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1769327

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »
Rafus, Pierre- Louis, Wilson and perhaps others will be visiting on June 6th.

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »
@jamelio1230: Wishing St. Rays @Iam_SidWilson good luck in @PangosAACamp this weekend. No excuse kind of guy, plays hard everyday. #Ravens #family #2017

Happy

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »

Many others :)

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 08:25:49 AM »

Many others :)
Nice! Big day!

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
@MShoneBahar: @NewHeightsNYC St. Ray's 6'6 wing Sidney Wilson has size, skill, and savvy. HM's on him: Minnesota & St. John's already adore. #PangosAACamp

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 07:54:06 PM »
On Saturday, RedStormReport.com spoke with St. Raymond Head Coach Jorge Lopez about what transpired. "Sid took an unofficial visit to St. John's today," he said. "It went well. We were both impressed with [Head Coach] Chris Mullin's vision for St. John's basketball.

"Lopez said that Mullin put an emphasis on player development and the Red Storm's intention to make the team a destination place for all of the high level players in the tristate area.The Johnnies have had their eyes on Wilson, who plays summer basketball with New Heights, especially during the April live period. "[St. John's assistant coach] Matt Abdelmassih said Mullin likes Wilson and wants to watch more of him in July according to Coach Lopez.

Coach Lopez added that currently, Wilson has no other College visits planned.

See more at: https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1773804#sthash.nN3hDM9P.dpuf

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »
Like I said. It won't be a cakewalk for coaches to poach NY and Jersey players anymore. Mullin instantly restored respect

Chilleb

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »
Young Malik Sealy

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 10:54:43 PM »
Sounds like Sid is a priority for the 17 class. Doing well early

paultzman